PDA

View Full Version : Classic by Dec 2013

MrsGuther
August 15th, 2012, 12:47 PM
I am hoping to be at classic by the end of 2013. :D Anybody wanna join me on the journey? :cheese:

Rish
August 15th, 2012, 12:50 PM
YES! I will join you :D I am at tbl at the moment, I am hoping to get to classic by aug 2013, but I think it would all depend on growth rates.

here is my hair as of aug 01
http://www.kylielangton.com.au/photos/random/hair/IMG_20120731_192026.jpg

MrsGuther
August 15th, 2012, 12:51 PM
YES! I will join you :D I am at tbl at the moment, I am hoping to get to classic by aug 2013, but I think it would all depend on growth rates.

here is my hair as of aug 01
http://www.kylielangton.com.au/photos/random/hair/IMG_20120731_192026.jpg
Your hair is GORGEOUS!!

lapushka
August 15th, 2012, 12:54 PM
I'm past hip ATM, don't know if I'll make it, but am willing to give it a go! So, I'll join! :)

sarelis
August 15th, 2012, 01:52 PM
I'll tentatively join, as I'm only just at hip now after a self trim. My hair does grow pretty rapidly though so maybe I'll make it! :)

JoieBruce
August 15th, 2012, 02:57 PM
I'll join. I'm at waist, but I'm only 5'2" so there's a fighting chance I could make it. A solid goal will keep the scissors at bay, too.

bettylibertine
August 16th, 2012, 01:23 AM
I'll join you! I'm sooo close to TB I might make it. :D
ETA: Rish Your hair is beautiful!

auburntressed
August 16th, 2012, 01:27 AM
I am definitely hoping to hit Classic in 2013, hopefully sooner than December. But I'll join! I'm at TBL now.

Cupofmilk
August 16th, 2012, 02:59 AM
I am up for this. I am 3 inches off classic now. I was hoping to make it by Dec 2012 but it wont happen. I noticed I can look nearly classic from the back but from the side it just looks like solid tailbone so I need to add on another 3 inches on so that the hair can go round my rotund bottom and touch the top of my legs!

teal
August 16th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Remind me again exactly where classic falls? :o

I think I can make it if it's the bottom of the buttcheeks... my longest hairs just arrived at tailbone length recently.

Alva
August 16th, 2012, 09:42 AM
I might be able to make this, my aim is the very very end of TB next summer, so classic in december 2013 might actually be achievable :)

JoieBruce
August 16th, 2012, 09:47 AM
I'm starting to wonder if I should be here.... I need to take a pic I guess. I've been waiting until my 3 year old feels up to doing one with me (she's battling an ear infection).

jojo
August 16th, 2012, 11:17 AM
I'd love to join you but I'm thinking my hair won't reach classic until at least 2014 if not 2015 but will be watching this thread for inspiration!

Arkangel
August 16th, 2012, 11:25 AM
yay me too please. Im at BCL at the moment and am hoping for tailbone by Christmas this year. If my growth rate stays the same I should be just past classic by the end of 2013 :D

Embrace1913
August 16th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Yay I'm in! This gives me a solid goal to work towards. I don't have a pic yet though. . .

MidnightMoon
August 16th, 2012, 12:59 PM
I wonder if I can reach classic in one and a half years....I'm about waist right now (being my hair wavy, when I straighten it -with my hand not with the straightener :P- it's about hip)....the thing is that since it's so wavy it takes like twice the time it would take if it was straight to reach the desired length

MrsGuther
August 16th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Welcome everyone!! So glad to see everybody joining me!! :)

JoieBruce
August 16th, 2012, 07:02 PM
yay me too please. Im at BCL at the moment and am hoping for tailbone by Christmas this year. If my growth rate stays the same I should be just past classic by the end of 2013 :D

I've got to ask. What is BCL?

Arkangel
August 16th, 2012, 07:08 PM
I've got to ask. What is BCL?
Bum Crack Length lol

SongofLove
August 16th, 2012, 07:37 PM
I'll join you! I hope to make it by Dec. 2013---depends on how much trimming I do.

kme81
August 16th, 2012, 07:44 PM
I will join...not sure that I will make it (probably more of a 2014) but it will be fun to think about!
I am still a few inches from TBL, so I have quite a ways to go!!!

I hope we all make it!

JoieBruce
August 16th, 2012, 08:13 PM
Bum Crack Length lol

Ha! I love it!

sparrowswing
August 16th, 2012, 09:04 PM
I'll join! If my hair keeps up the rate of growth it's had since May, it should be close to classic by the end of next May. Then by next December it should be long enough for me to decide if I want to keep growing and see just how long it can get, or if I want to start trimming to thicken my hemline and maintain at CL.

Rish
August 17th, 2012, 12:03 AM
Oh nice, we have a few people now, this will be exciting :D I look forward to seeing everyones progress. Sparrowswing you are much closer than me on getting to classic :D

sparrowswing
August 17th, 2012, 01:15 AM
:D I've been getting a lot of compliments about my hair lately. Once I hit tailbone length, people really seemed to start noticing. Not so much if it's braided, and obviously not if it's bunned, but I love to see people's reactions when they can actually see the length of my hair. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Having long, healthy hair in general makes me happy, but like most people it helps to have validation from others, to know that I'm not the only one noticing how it looks now that I'm taking better care of it and doing a proper S&D from time to time.

Vintagecoilylocks
August 20th, 2012, 03:15 PM
I certainly hope I can make it by then. I have some layers and the longest nape layer is 1 in from Classic now but stretch. I would really love to be Classic with a handful stretched by then and maybe my lower length curly at Classic. A good solid goal to look forward to.

gthlvrmx
August 20th, 2012, 04:58 PM
hmmm im at hip right now and i have 10 inches until i reach classic....i grow about 9 inches a year but then again im not so sure anymore because that was when my hair was more damaged and breaking off! so id get a good amount of growth by next august and adding the extra months till December i just might make it. i MIGHT just reach classic by next December. oh what the hey ill do it :) im on this train! :D

The-Young-Maid
August 20th, 2012, 05:39 PM
I'll join! I'm just about a solid TB now. My growth is pretty steady and my shedding has been minimized. I'm not sure if I should maintain at CL for a while or let it grow... guess I'll have to see how it looks.:)

CouteauCouture
August 20th, 2012, 06:20 PM
I'd love to join. I'm at hip/tailbone now, frankly not really sure where one ends and the other begins. Is there a diagram floating around somewhere that could help clarify?

I'd love to be at Classic by the end of next year, but I have some MAJOR split ends that I'm trying to get under control and I'm just beginning to really take care of my hair. I guess we'll see how it goes! :)

gthlvrmx
August 20th, 2012, 06:40 PM
I'd love to join. I'm at hip/tailbone now, frankly not really sure where one ends and the other begins. Is there a diagram floating around somewhere that could help clarify?

I'd love to be at Classic by the end of next year, but I have some MAJOR split ends that I'm trying to get under control and I'm just beginning to really take care of my hair. I guess we'll see how it goes! :)

Hip is from the top of your hipbones to your buttcrack. Then buttcrack is BCL and for some people its TBL. TBL as ive been told is the bone area at the end of your spine, which can end at like a few inches past the start of your buttcrack. im not using TBL its too confusing, im only using just BCL as an indicator and mid butt. :cool:

CouteauCouture
August 20th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Hip is from the top of your hipbones to your buttcrack. Then buttcrack is BCL and for some people its TBL. TBL as ive been told is the bone area at the end of your spine, which can end at like a few inches past the start of your buttcrack. im not using TBL its too confusing, im only using just BCL as an indicator and mid butt. :cool:

I think I'll stick to using hip as my descriptive term and jump straight from there to classic.

katfemme89
August 20th, 2012, 11:20 PM
I'm about half an inch away from a solid waist length but my hair grows extremely fast, so I think I can get there :-)

katfemme89
August 20th, 2012, 11:32 PM
Here's my hair now: https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/532998_3766021025276_1698383284_n.jpg

The OP should write all our screen names down and then on Dec 2013 remind us that we accepted the challenge because I for one will probably not remember LOL

Vintagecoilylocks
August 22nd, 2012, 09:27 AM
I'll join! If my hair keeps up the rate of growth it's had since May, it should be close to classic by the end of next May. Then by next December it should be long enough for me to decide if I want to keep growing and see just how long it can get, or if I want to start trimming to thicken my hemline and maintain at CL.

Your hair is fabulous. :agape:

Rish
August 23rd, 2012, 02:40 AM
It hasnt been a month yet for me to do another monthly photo, however one of my longer hairs naturally fell out today so I thought I would get a more accurate measure of my hair length.

I laid the strand out gently so it was completely straight and it measured at 120cm - 47.24" I was surprised. I really want to get back to classic asap, but this month hasn't seemed to be good growth for me, but then again maybe I am checking too much and not seeing it. Will wait until September to get the monthly and compare :)

Cupofmilk
August 23rd, 2012, 03:13 AM
I need to do length shots next month. My braid is BCL I think maybe a bit more. Its those last inches to get me over my butt to classic that I need.

Ambystoma
August 23rd, 2012, 05:40 AM
Me! I'll join you! I am hoping to be Classic when wet/stretched by December 2013, but I still have around 3 - 4 of inches to trim to get my dream hemline (took off an inch last month and it looks much prettier) so If I trim I might be mid butt :laugh:

I've based my projections on an inch a month, but I only get that little if I'm stressed or unwell, so hopefully I will join you ladies (and gentlemen) there even with the odd trim/stressed period :)

Rish
August 23rd, 2012, 07:05 AM
omg I think I just found the best way to correctly measure hair growth and monitor how close I am to my goal. I think this will only work for shorter or ppl with tb length hair, but I thought you would all like to know :)

Grab a wooden 1m ruler, place the end that reaches 100cm at the bottom of your feet in the center of your butt so the ruler sits between both sides and the 1cm starts up top, then measure the tip of your hair along the length of the ruler and write that down each month, you can also measure how far down the length of the ruler it is to measure how far your hair needs to grow to reach classic.

For me to reach classic length my hair needs to grow down to 27cm mark. Currently my hair as of today is at the 14cm mark, this means I have 13cm to go!!

This will make it so much easier for me to see actual progress than to take a picture or trying to measure the length from the top and down the length.

kelly-j
August 23rd, 2012, 07:38 AM
IŽll join this thread! My goal is to reach classic in January 2014!

MrsGuther
August 23rd, 2012, 09:46 AM
Here's my hair now: https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/532998_3766021025276_1698383284_n.jpg

The OP should write all our screen names down and then on Dec 2013 remind us that we accepted the challenge because I for one will probably not remember LOL

I will get right on that! :) I will start making a list.

MrsGuther
August 23rd, 2012, 10:34 AM
Just measured and I've got 9 inches til classic. My average growth rate is 2/3 inch per month. According to my calculations if I get 2/3 inch per month of growth my hair will be over 10 and a half inches longer by Dec 2013. Yayayayay!! :)

Peggy E.
August 23rd, 2012, 11:23 AM
To survive the presidential & congressional election coming up in November. I have gone into hiding - no television that shows commercials for me. Sort of severely limits the quality of the programming you find available....;o(

Hairwise? Just to keep growing my hair, try to get it a bit thicker, the ends less dead and wispy, and don't know that I want it getting any longer, either.

DakarNick
August 23rd, 2012, 05:21 PM
Congrats, Mrs. Guther. I remember seeing pics of your hair and it seemed much shorter. Now, you're so close to classic! Congrats!

irishlady
August 23rd, 2012, 05:27 PM
Best of luck everyone :)...I admire you all for your dedication.
I can't join obviously since I have taken a detour on my journey and cut my hair to chin length in a choppy bob this summer, just for fun, but I will get back on track again to my goal, thinking I might try for classic :)

gthlvrmx
August 23rd, 2012, 08:12 PM
Just measured and I've got 9 inches til classic. My average growth rate is 2/3 inch per month. According to my calculations if I get 2/3 inch per month of growth my hair will be over 10 and a half inches longer by Dec 2013. Yayayayay!! :)
Woohoo me too! about 10 inches left and i grow about 1 inch per month and like .75 in the winter! :D Should get there, if not oh well! Ill be that much closer then

Vintagecoilylocks
August 24th, 2012, 10:36 AM

Your hair will be lovely at Classic and longer. Do you trim to prevent layering or does your hair grow balanced that way. Meaning your under layers match up with the top layers.

Vintagecoilylocks
August 24th, 2012, 10:48 AM
It hasnt been a month yet for me to do another monthly photo, however one of my longer hairs naturally fell out today so I thought I would get a more accurate measure of my hair length.

I laid the strand out gently so it was completely straight and it measured at 120cm - 47.24" I was surprised. I really want to get back to classic asap, but this month hasn't seemed to be good growth for me, but then again maybe I am checking too much and not seeing it. Will wait until September to get the monthly and compare :)

Wow. I am confused. Classic on me is about 45-46in. from hair line. A single strand however from the top of my head would only have to be 37 to 38 inches. A 47.50 inch strand of hair on me would be below my knee. I am 5ft 6 inches. Understand you are not at Classic with hair strands that long of 47.24 inches?:confused:

Vintagecoilylocks
August 24th, 2012, 10:56 AM
To survive the presidential & congressional election coming up in November. I have gone into hiding - no television that shows commercials for me. Sort of severely limits the quality of the programming you find available....;o(

Hairwise? Just to keep growing my hair, try to get it a bit thicker, the ends less dead and wispy, and don't know that I want it getting any longer, either.

But we truelly appreciate your company on our journey to Classic.

Vintagecoilylocks
August 24th, 2012, 11:03 AM
omg I think I just found the best way to correctly measure hair growth and monitor how close I am to my goal. I think this will only work for shorter or ppl with tb length hair, but I thought you would all like to know :)

Grab a wooden 1m ruler, place the end that reaches 100cm at the bottom of your feet in the center of your butt so the ruler sits between both sides and the 1cm starts up top, then measure the tip of your hair along the length of the ruler and write that down each month, you can also measure how far down the length of the ruler it is to measure how far your hair needs to grow to reach classic.

For me to reach classic length my hair needs to grow down to 27cm mark. Currently my hair as of today is at the 14cm mark, this means I have 13cm to go!!

This will make it so much easier for me to see actual progress than to take a picture or trying to measure the length from the top and down the length.

That is a great idea!!:applause

I had cut ribbon to the different lengths from my hair line so it would be the same each time and my hand wasn't moving giving me false readings and false hopes of progress.

Rish
September 2nd, 2012, 08:03 PM
Hey everyone! I am due to update the latest measurement.

I am going by measuring how far till classic with a 1m wooden ruler at my feet, so the goal is 27cm down the ruler.

previous measurement on 23 Aug - 14cm

current measurement as of 03 Sept- 15.5cm

growth amount - 1.5cm (0.6 inches) - not bad I must say, will see what it says on 23rd Sept to get a full month growth report.

and here is a photo showing current growth rate with the same pants so I can correctly align photos every time to compare with. The last photo was taken end July. Oh and TBL at the bottom was supposed to say Classic (had a derp moment) The red line is where it would be for classic length.

http://www.kylielangton.com.au/photos/random/hair/growthsept.jpg

kallarina
September 2nd, 2012, 08:55 PM
Me me MEEEEEE!!!! I can't wait for classic. I'm hoping for midbutt by this December. I have a pretty decent amount of trimming I'd like to do, I'm just not sure when. I think I can reach classic by December of 2013 even considering trims though.
Gonna try to link a picture, but I have no idea if it will work... Here's hoping!
http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh555/kallarina_rose/776ba951.jpg

kallarina
September 2nd, 2012, 08:57 PM
Oh no!!! It worked but it's huuuuuuuuge.... Sorry! :(

Shorty89
September 2nd, 2012, 09:57 PM
I'll join. I'm a few inches away from tailbone now so I might not make it, but I can hope haha.

Accalia
September 3rd, 2012, 02:03 AM
kallarina, wow! Beautiful hair...! :D

kallarina
September 3rd, 2012, 08:26 AM
kallarina, wow! Beautiful hair...! :D

Oh, thank you so so much!!!:o
Your color is just gorgeous, I'm so jealous!

MrsGuther
September 3rd, 2012, 08:53 PM
Congrats, Mrs. Guther. I remember seeing pics of your hair and it seemed much shorter. Now, you're so close to classic! Congrats!
Thanks! :) :)

MrsGuther
September 3rd, 2012, 08:54 PM
Woohoo me too! about 10 inches left and i grow about 1 inch per month and like .75 in the winter! :D Should get there, if not oh well! Ill be that much closer then

Awesome! :D that is an awesome growth rate!

brownpaperbag
September 3rd, 2012, 11:35 PM
Me me MEEEEEE!!!! I can't wait for classic. I'm hoping for midbutt by this December. I have a pretty decent amount of trimming I'd like to do, I'm just not sure when. I think I can reach classic by December of 2013 even considering trims though.
Gonna try to link a picture, but I have no idea if it will work... Here's hoping!
http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh555/kallarina_rose/776ba951.jpg

Awesome length :D

Accalia
September 4th, 2012, 06:48 AM
Oh, thank you so so much!!!:o
Your color is just gorgeous, I'm so jealous!

Thank you so much! But It's not my natural color... :(
Last year I started to grow my dye out.. :D Wish it could be more like yours! My virgin hair is like dark blond. :disgust:

kallarina
September 4th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Yay I'm in! This gives me a solid goal to work towards. I don't have a pic yet though. . .

Awesome length :D

Thanks so much!! I'm happy to be growing together!

kallarina
September 4th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Thank you so much! But It's not my natural color... :(
Last year I started to grow my dye out.. :D Wish it could be more like yours! My virgin hair is like dark blond. :disgust:

Oh girl, I feel you. Mine isn't my natural color either, its dye. My natural used to be dark blonde, but as my roots are growing out, it's more brown now, but kind of a flat brown. So I'm still jealous that you have dark blonde hair. :p

Vintagecoilylocks
September 4th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Hey everyone! I am due to update the latest measurement.

I am going by measuring how far till classic with a 1m wooden ruler at my feet, so the goal is 27cm down the ruler.

previous measurement on 23 Aug - 14cm

current measurement as of 03 Sept- 15.5cm

growth amount - 1.5cm (0.6 inches) - not bad I must say, will see what it says on 23rd Sept to get a full month growth report.

and here is a photo showing current growth rate with the same pants so I can correctly align photos every time to compare with. The last photo was taken end July. Oh and TBL at the bottom was supposed to say Classic (had a derp moment) The red line is where it would be for classic length.

http://www.kylielangton.com.au/photos/random/hair/growthsept.jpg

Your hair is lovely. Thanks for the photo. I was confused on your measurements before.

Accalia
September 4th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Oh girl, I feel you. Mine isn't my natural color either, its dye. My natural used to be dark blonde, but as my roots are growing out, it's more brown now, but kind of a flat brown. So I'm still jealous that you have dark blonde hair. :p

Haha lol! :D Thanks, that's so nice to hear!

RitaPG
September 4th, 2012, 02:14 PM
I'm joining as well! Currently at Hip, I've been having some solid growth, but sometimes have stages where I prefer to maintain, to let all the hairs reach the same length to avoid taper. Hopefully I'll manage to still reach Classic by then. I'm shorty anyway :p

Good idea! I'll probably forget about it as well lol

Alva
September 4th, 2012, 02:24 PM
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/1150/sept201170.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/23/sept201170.jpg/)http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/1899/september83.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/690/september83.jpg/)

Results of a year of growing : September 2011 - September 2012. This is where I am right now. I will regularly update in this thread because I really for once wanna reach classic and not cut back to BSL once I reach TB :D So I need to keep myself motivated and this thread is a good place for that! I am at nearly 33 inches.

Vintagecoilylocks
December 11th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Just bumping this thread. I have layers and one layer is 1/2 inch from classic stretched but slow moving. I hope to get in on this thread once my next longest layer gets to TBL. I am also a curly and I am aiming for classic at least after taking hair from braid. Semi stretched.

Cupofmilk
December 11th, 2012, 11:30 AM
I have a little way to go so it should be achievable

http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz53/rachelba99/Picture18913.jpg

hypersensitive
December 11th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Oh wow I can't believe this thread started in August! You people set goals way in advance huh? Haha I'm just joking! =p

Classic by Dec 2013 will be a good goal for me. Currently I am just at tailbone (barely) but with my average rate of growth, I can expect to hit classic in approximately one year, if I do minimal trimming. I can't wait to have princess hair!! Who is with me on that? :joy:

I'm joining in with y'all!

sparrowswing
December 11th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Your hair is fabulous. :agape:
I can't believe I missed this. I kind of lost track of this thread shorty after it started. Thank you! :oops: :flower:

Becky9679
December 11th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Hmm, could I achieve this? I'm currently between hip and TBL and not planning on a trim any time soon, maybe I could manage it!

ritza
December 12th, 2012, 10:13 PM
Hope its not to late..I would like to join...

Happy Hair Growing!

AdaClare
December 13th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Think I'll join, too! I'm at just past TBL right now, here's hoping I'll reach classic by this time next year! :)

Fantak
December 14th, 2012, 10:35 PM
Hi there ^.^ I've been trying to get to classic (from hip/TB) for four years! I think I finally have a routine that works so hopefully I'll be a strong classic by Dec 2013!

Thank you for the thread ^.^

Vintagecoilylocks
December 16th, 2012, 04:15 PM
I'll join. Need to get my middle layers to Classic. 5 more inches. Hope to be there this time next year.

dulce
December 16th, 2012, 06:36 PM
I'll try,hopefully it won't get too thin at the ends before I get there and I'll have to cut.

lapushka
December 16th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Hmm, could I achieve this? I'm currently between hip and TBL and not planning on a trim any time soon, maybe I could manage it!

I'm about where you are. I have 3 more inches to go till TBL. Classic is something to strive for, at least that's what I think.

Kelikea
December 16th, 2012, 06:59 PM
I'll join! I never thought it would really be possible for my hair to reach classic, but its just passing TB, so I'll give it a go:) Here's my length pic from yesterday:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ZfZKWjsz_Ps/UMz69jBo4PI/AAAAAAAAAtk/aHk10Ayad24/s512/12.15.12c.JPG
Its classic if I tilt my head back, lol. I know the bottom of the V will reach classic, but not sure about the sides...

xoxophelia
December 16th, 2012, 07:06 PM
I would like to join but I don't think I would make it in time ^_^'

MrsGuther
December 16th, 2012, 07:48 PM
I'm 5.5 inches from classic length currently, when my hair is wet or the curls are stretched out. I can't wait to reach classic!! :) Im pretty sure I wil make it by Dec 2013, since my growth rate is 2/3 inch per month, and Im not foreseeing a trim or chop at all in 2013. Yay!

MidnightStar
January 1st, 2013, 05:04 PM
I'm in!! I'm about two inches to "Can I call this Classic" and five or six inches to solid Classic. So even with the trim I'll need in a couple months I can make it!

Jeno86
January 1st, 2013, 07:22 PM
I'll join this! I'm at hip right now but I haven't actually made a time goal before, will be fun!

Vintagecoilylocks
January 4th, 2013, 11:37 AM
I was going to let my layers alone but decided to do a three month trim session on the longest layers. I am grazing classic now stretched with the longest. Just want the other layers to get closer this year. Hopefully the shortest will be lower TBL and the next longest to make Classic but be closer to the longest. These layers make managing the longer hair difficult. i have this image in my head that when they are gone life will get easier.

Eireann
January 4th, 2013, 11:47 AM
I'm in!! I've been maintaining at tailbone for about a year, and I'm ready to start growing again. :joy:

MidnightStar
January 13th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Length shot from earlier tonight:
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/8276/lengthpicjanuary132013.jpg
Closer than I thought!! :) But I'd like more than just a few pieces of hair at classic lol.

Vintagecoilylocks
January 14th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Length shot from earlier tonight:
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/8276/lengthpicjanuary132013.jpg
Closer than I thought!! :) But I'd like more than just a few pieces of hair at classic lol.

Oh my, you will get there by dec with plenty of nice ends . Nice color too.

MidnightStar
January 14th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Oh my, you will get there by dec with plenty of nice ends . Nice color too.

Thank you!!

teal
January 14th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Hm, I'm not sure whether I'll make it. I've had a lot of breakage as the last 8 inches or so is quite damaged. I'm not worried overall as I've seen thickness moving down, but the longest ends are still just at tailbone... same as in August. :(

teal
January 14th, 2013, 07:17 PM
I suppose I should do my due diligence and take some decent pics before throwing in the towel,though! Now to find my camera...

kallarina
January 14th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Juuuust checking in. It's looking like I'll definitely make it. With decent ends too, which I was horribly worried about. I get average growth, so I'm looking at reaching "can I call this classic" by about September, with a much more solid classic by December.
And now, the obligatory length shot. DBF trimmed my hair for me, so I did a photo since its been awhile, and I was shocked at how much better my ends look after two 1/4 inch trims. Not only that, but I'm so close to classic! Never thought I'd make it this far.

http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh555/kallarina_rose/Untitled_zps537c50cc.jpg

Vintagecoilylocks
January 15th, 2013, 05:55 AM
I suppose I should do my due diligence and take some decent pics before throwing in the towel,though! Now to find my camera...

Don't give up. You are just at what may seem like a stall but I have come to call it a recycle. You may be shedding the longest now but that hair moving down has the potential to pass the lengths you are damaged at. So give it time to cycle out the old damaged hair.. You never now the potential when thee is damage. Just baby your hair and let the new grrowth reach its potential. Patients, and time will tell.

Vintagecoilylocks
January 15th, 2013, 05:58 AM
Juuuust checking in. It's looking like I'll definitely make it. With decent ends too, which I was horribly worried about. I get average growth, so I'm looking at reaching "can I call this classic" by about September, with a much more solid classic by December.
And now, the obligatory length shot. DBF trimmed my hair for me, so I did a photo since its been awhile, and I was shocked at how much better my ends look after two 1/4 inch trims. Not only that, but I'm so close to classic! Never thought I'd make it this far.

http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh555/kallarina_rose/Untitled_zps537c50cc.jpg

Yes you look like you will make it just fine. Congrats and happy growing.

teal
January 15th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Don't give up. You are just at what may seem like a stall but I have come to call it a recycle. You may be shedding the longest now but that hair moving down has the potential to pass the lengths you are damaged at. So give it time to cycle out the old damaged hair.. You never now the potential when thee is damage. Just baby your hair and let the new grrowth reach its potential. Patients, and time will tell.

Thanks for the kind words! It's true, you never know. I already put my hair up 99.9% of the time, so I'll just get back on the oiling bandwagon, take my vitamins, make myself a sleep cap and reassess come December! :)

sparrowswing
January 20th, 2013, 05:00 PM
So... I just took my monthly progress pic, and... well...

http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz235/CeruleanSiren/LHC/FTL.png

It seems I have a few locks brushing CL/FTL, just waiting for more to catch up.

Sagi1982
January 23rd, 2013, 02:07 AM
I'm in! I've just 2 or 3 " away from classic, but will do some trimmings this year for a fuller hemline, so I think I will reach classic length, maybe more at the end of the year.

Vintagecoilylocks
January 23rd, 2013, 09:15 PM
So... I just took my monthly progress pic, and... well...

http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz235/CeruleanSiren/LHC/FTL.png

It seems I have a few locks brushing CL/FTL, just waiting for more to catch up.

You have some amazing growth. congrats on reaching Classic/FTL. Its beautiful.

sparrowswing
January 24th, 2013, 01:11 AM
You have some amazing growth. congrats on reaching Classic/FTL. Its beautiful.
Thank you! I'm still trying to decide if I want to call this classic or wait until there's more at that level so it's a solid classic.

teal
January 24th, 2013, 01:51 AM
Thank you! I'm still trying to decide if I want to call this classic or wait until there's more at that level so it's a solid classic.

I'd call it classic! Congrats!! :)

sparrowswing
January 24th, 2013, 06:24 AM
I'd call it classic! Congrats!! :)
Okay then. Yay, I've reached classic! Thanks!

Ambystoma
January 24th, 2013, 06:57 AM
So gorgeous sparrowswing, congratulations!

sparrowswing
January 24th, 2013, 07:27 AM
So gorgeous sparrowswing, congratulations!
Thank you! :toast:

Vintagecoilylocks
May 19th, 2013, 07:17 AM
What happened to this thread. Well I have missed it. I hit Classic stretched with my lower layer left side in April. I grow lopsided. My next layer is 1/2 inch from touching my chair but a few months from full TBL. The next layer is 1 1/2 inch in trail. That puts those layers 4-5 inches from Classic stretched. So I may be close by DEC. Mean while I am working on my shortest, the fringe which has just past waist. The front sides have reached hip. So I will still be working toward full Classic in DEC but closer. So I may be able to call Classic curly with my lower layer in the rear by Dec. I hope.

teal
May 19th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Heh, I'm still not sure whether I'll make it, but I suppose the suspense makes it an interesting journey! Rather like a tortoise race... who will win, the tortoise or the hair? :P

I've still got breakage happening but the length is slooooowly creeping towards classic.

gazelle
May 20th, 2013, 04:35 AM
I am hoping to reach classic at 2014, can I play? :) My longest hairs are at TBL

Kelikea
May 22nd, 2013, 05:56 AM
I think I'm getting close. Maybe I can post a picture later. If I don't cut it off this summer, I think I can reach classic by December:)

MrsGuther
May 22nd, 2013, 10:56 PM
Currently at 41.5 inches long. Classic is 43.5 inches on me.

Kherome
May 23rd, 2013, 04:56 AM
I'll give it a go. I've just cut from tickling Classic back to TBL due to some ends that needed to go. I'm about 3 or 4" from Classic now, so if I get .5" a month and don't trim at all I might make it there. Here's to hoping!

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj135/iwasbornonahorse/02e6f570-a191-44a7-b929-97d7b157df7b_zps4a1f14d6.jpg (http://s271.photobucket.com/user/iwasbornonahorse/media/02e6f570-a191-44a7-b929-97d7b157df7b_zps4a1f14d6.jpg.html)

kallarina
May 25th, 2013, 01:00 AM
I completely forgot about this thread.
I'm about two inches from being can-I-call-this-classic-when-sopping-wet. I'm thinking I'll probably reach can-I-call-this-classic by December, but probably not solid classic. I'm afraid my waves are going to be more difficult about this than I originally anticipated. But, I've still got plenty of time yet, who knows, my hair may surprise me!
No pictures, unfortunately. I had my anniversary in March, but I didn't take any length pics, and I didn't post a thread either. Oops. Maybe I'll get a picture on my measure day in June.

hypersensitive
May 25th, 2013, 12:58 PM
when i tilt my head back, its past classic! :laugh: almost there, guys!

Becky9679
May 26th, 2013, 01:48 AM
Hmm, could I reach classic by December? I just got to TBL last month and I'm still in the no trimming challenge (into my third year of that!) so it could happen. Lets wait and see!

Kelikea
May 26th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Pictures as promised, in my blog: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/entry.php?b=110552
My blog is private, so you can send me a friend request.
Oh, and I forgot to put in there that my length is around 40.5 inches.

Kelikea
June 2nd, 2013, 07:57 AM
I cut it. Will I make it to Classic by Dec? We'll see...
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/entry.php?b=110705

hypersensitive
September 3rd, 2013, 06:42 PM
It is now three quarters of the way into the year! Has everyone reached tailbone? Have you been making progress? Who else can sit on their hair now? There is still 3 more months to go until December!!

ZenaZoo
September 4th, 2013, 01:56 AM
I'm an inch from bcl. Biotin on order and more exercise. Hoping for solid tbl with a good trim by Christmas. Almost 4 months for 4-5 inches,
I can hope!

NuclearApple
September 4th, 2013, 02:02 AM
I'm almost bcl...but i join anyway :p
My hair grows pretty fast,so why not?:o

Misty'sMess
September 4th, 2013, 03:29 AM
Only an inch to go, this growing journey is slow but nice to be among friends.

MrsGuther
September 4th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Update: I have reached classic length at 43 inches!! :) :) :) :)

hypersensitive
December 1st, 2013, 05:56 PM
I got to my goal length of classic at ~42 in. How is everyone else doing?

Ambystoma
December 1st, 2013, 07:23 PM
Nowhere near there I'm afraid :laugh: I'm closing in on BCL and will probably be there by Christmas, but since I joined this thread there has been a big stall, a couple of decent trims, and now another stall/slowed growth period. I'm actually considering maintaining at tailbone until my postpartum shed has been and gone and then seeing where I want to go from there. Congratulations to everyone who has or has nearly made it - what a great present! :flower:

Kelikea
December 1st, 2013, 07:44 PM
Mine's now past TBL and I sit on it occasionally. Really hoping it hits Classic soon:)

Kelikea
January 2nd, 2014, 06:19 PM
Picture in blog from Dec. 22: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/entry.php?b=114643
I am just brushing Classic! Its just a bummer that after reaching this goal, I find it to be a rather annoying length. Anyone else feel this way? I sit on it, it wraps around my arm, gets shut in the car door, gives me a headache, etc...Its also feeling kinda dry and tangly and I've gone through a massive shed with my weight loss. I got a new 2-in-1, Herbal Essences Hello Hydration. Maybe that will help with the tangles?

Tressie
January 2nd, 2014, 06:57 PM
Hi Kelikea! Congratulations on reaching classic!! :cheer: My solution to my hair getting in the way is to put it up in a ficcare, or hairstick! If one bun is too heavy, some folks do two buns. As to the dry tangly feeling, have you clarified lately? I find a wash with a clarifying shampoo and then a good conditioner helps a lot. Also a vinegar rinse can be beneficial sometimes as well. I hope you get it sorted out and that you enjoy your hair at classic. It's a milestone!! :rockerdud

Kelikea
January 3rd, 2014, 05:57 AM
Thanks, Tressie. Yes, I have clarified, and I use diluted vinegar rinses. We are having a cold, dry spell here. Its not helping the hair or my skin:( I need to try some new updo's. I promise not to cut till at least Feb. and see if I can get through this awkward stage.

Tressie
January 8th, 2014, 01:49 PM
Good news! In my experience my hair has those days of feeling more like fur than hair sometimes. I try to wash in the evening and lately I have resorted to using L'OREAL Power Moisture which has (among other things) amodimeticone. It seems to help me. I only wash about once a week, and sometimes longer and I wear my hair up 99% of the time. Very careful detangling with a horn comb seems to cut down on the static. You may find that your hair will be feeling better by the time Feb. rolls around, if the weather warms a little or you have more moisture in the air. I hope so! :flower: Remember you can ALWAYS trim! (o: