PDA

View Full Version : I want to issue a public apology

OrganicJewel
August 15th, 2012, 09:10 AM
to my husband.

I am so sorry for making you put up with the innocuous odour of my bacon head all night long, last night.

and you didn't even complain once. You just slept with your back firmly turned to me, teetering dangerously close to the edge of the mattress, in order to get as far away from me as you could.

Now, that is real love :p

Wow, mtg really does stink, bad. I don't think I'll do an all night treatment again.

heidi w.
August 15th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Why is bacon on your head? ....of all things....

Good Heavens! Poor Guy.

heidi w.

OrganicJewel
August 15th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Why is bacon on your head? ....of all things....

Good Heavens! Poor Guy.

heidi w.

oh, I know! Poor guy, indeed!!!

I tried out Shapley's M-T-G. It smells like bacon :cheese:

HappyHair87
August 15th, 2012, 09:27 AM
:laugh:!!!! This was cute!

spirals
August 15th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Somehow I knew this was gonna be a gotcha post. But I thought you were going to post "I cut my hair." So, can vegetarians use mtg? :p

Kaelee
August 15th, 2012, 09:56 AM
ROTFL I'd have thought if it smelled like bacon, he'd try to eat it!! :D

The one time I had my hair permed, it smelled just like corned beef. My uncle cooked corned beef once and said "I don't want to eat that, it smells like a perm!" It all depends on what you're used to... :lol:

BrightEyes
August 15th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Hahaha, that's funny! What our poor SO's have to put up with sometimes for the sake of our hair:p My DH probably would have ended up sleeping on the couch.

maborosi
August 15th, 2012, 10:18 AM
I'd heard that MTG smells like bacon.

The smell of bacon actually makes me physically ill, so I don't think I can try it.

How's it working for you, though?

~maborosi~

swearnsue
August 15th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Awww, that is so sweet of him.

Henrietta
August 15th, 2012, 10:49 AM
My coconut oil smells with bacon (Parachute) so, yeah... :D I know that guilty feeling :D

vanillabones
August 15th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Bleggghhh I'd have covered my face to hide instead :P

piffyanne
August 15th, 2012, 10:58 AM
:inlove: Now THAT is romance! :crush:

Also, I'm pretty sure my DBF would eat my hair if it smelled like bacon. If it came as a perfume, he'd be all over any strangers we passed on the street wearing it! :D

Tota
August 15th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Mmmmm bacon ... :D

Sometimes I use argan oil on my hair or my skin and my bf swears it smells like poo to him. He literally runs away everytime he smells it on me so maybe he'd prefer the bacon. I'll ask him buahahahaha.

Oh the stuff we do to for our hair... Great birth control though ;)

OrganicJewel
August 15th, 2012, 11:32 AM
haha, oh it's so romantic! It's funny to hear how someone of your SO's would want to eat your hair if it smelled like bacon, ha! I've heard everything is better wrapped in bacon :D

Tota, that's funny. I think argan oil smells really good!

Spirals, I *think* so, cause it's not actually bacon, lol!

mabarosi, it's going well. Normally I put it in my hair an hour or two before I'm due to wash it (when my DH is at work). I think it might be helping a little bit with the growth rate, but it's too early to really tell, yet. What I'm sure it has done is filled in all my baby hairs around my hairline. I'm happy about that!

sharonluvscats
August 15th, 2012, 11:40 AM
I knew as soon as I saw this you were talking about Shapley's MTG. I tired it once and the smell was too strong. I couldn't keep it on my head more than the two hour recommended minimum. Now, I used some called Liquid Gold haircare. It has sulfur in it too but it actually smells tolerable.

OrganicJewel
August 15th, 2012, 11:46 AM
I knew as soon as I saw this you were talking about Shapley's MTG. I tired it once and the smell was too strong. I couldn't keep it on my head more than the two hour recommended minimum. Now, I used some called Liquid Gold haircare. It has sulfur in it too but it actually smells tolerable.

Haha, that's so funny! Anyone who's tried Shapley's would know!!! I think there should be a "my head smell like bacon" support group on here.

I'm interested about the product you're using. Where did you get this stuff? Do you know if it's strength is the same as shapley's. If there's something that smells better, I'd rather use that!

Tia2010
August 15th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Thats funny :D

If my hair smelled like bacon my DH would have been wrapped around me all night with a bacon loving grin on his face. Plus, I would have had my kids sniffin my hair . I live with a bacon obsessed bunch :p

sharonluvscats
August 15th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Haha, that's so funny! Anyone who's tried Shapley's would know!!! I think there should be a "my head smell like bacon" support group on here.

I'm interested about the product you're using. Where did you get this stuff? Do you know if it's strength is the same as shapley's. If there's something that smells better, I'd rather use that!

I'm not sure about the strength level vs. MTG. You can definitely tell it has sulfur in it and you have to shake it to mix it in. I've used LG three days a week for two weeks and had 3/4 inch of growth. I usually average 1 inch a month. It has also work wonders for my scalp dryness and sensitivity.

I bought it here: http://www.liquidgoldhairproducts.com/. I think the LG also has the added bonus of having castor oil as an ingredient. It has a very sweet and syrupy kind of odor to it. I just love the stuff. <3

OrganicJewel
August 15th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Thats funny :D

If my hair smelled like bacon my DH would have been wrapped around me all night with a bacon loving grin on his face. Plus, I would have had my kids sniffin my hair . I live with a bacon obsessed bunch :p

:misskim: Ok, now that's funny to imagine your husband with his "bacon lovin' grin" wrapped around your head. Do we have a bacon smiley?

OrganicJewel
August 15th, 2012, 11:59 AM
I'm not sure about the strength level vs. MTG. You can definitely tell it has sulfur in it and you have to shake it to mix it in. I've used LG three days a week for two weeks and had 3/4 inch of growth. I usually average 1 inch a month. It has also work wonders for my scalp dryness and sensitivity.

I bought it here: http://www.liquidgoldhairproducts.com/. I think the LG also has the added bonus of having castor oil as an ingredient. It has a very sweet and syrupy kind of odor to it. I just love the stuff. <3

great! I'm really interested, especially with the addition of castor oil. I'm going to check it out. Thanks for being such a great enabler :D

freznow
August 15th, 2012, 11:59 AM
I'm glad the boy likes vinegar, because I've had other people complain when they *stick their nose in my wet hair* after I do an ACV rinse. But that's their fault for sticking their nose in my wet hair.

Don't know if I want to try bacon.

sharonluvscats
August 15th, 2012, 12:00 PM
great! I'm really interested, especially with the addition of castor oil. I'm going to check it out. Thanks for being such a great enabler :D

No prob. lol. If you decide to try it, they have a FB page where they give out coupon codes if you ask for one. They are a very friendly bunch.

piffyanne
August 15th, 2012, 12:37 PM
haha, oh it's so romantic! It's funny to hear how someone of your SO's would want to eat your hair if it smelled like bacon, ha! I've heard everything is better wrapped in bacon :D

Tota, that's funny. I think argan oil smells really good!

Spirals, I *think* so, cause it's not actually bacon, lol!

mabarosi, it's going well. Normally I put it in my hair an hour or two before I'm due to wash it (when my DH is at work). I think it might be helping a little bit with the growth rate, but it's too early to really tell, yet. What I'm sure it has done is filled in all my baby hairs around my hairline. I'm happy about that!
The only thing better than having bacon-smelling hair is doing bacon-smelling hair in a wavy wetset: it would look and smell like it!
;)

Haha, that's so funny! Anyone who's tried Shapley's would know!!! I think there should be a "my head smell like bacon" support group on here.>snip<

:rolling::rollin:

Calaelen
August 15th, 2012, 12:47 PM
I've never tried any of the treatments mentioned here, but a quick google search lead me here.

http://www.suluhair.com/History.html

The Shapely MTG for horses is also sold by the same company for human use, it is fragranced and apparently in an easier to apply bottle, but it is exactly the same stuff with only a fragrance added...

Anyone tried this before?? I think if I were to do it, I'd go this route.

sharonluvscats
August 15th, 2012, 02:48 PM
I've never tried any of the treatments mentioned here, but a quick google search lead me here.

The Shapely MTG for horses is also sold by the same company for human use, it is fragranced and apparently in an easier to apply bottle, but it is exactly the same stuff with only a fragrance added...

I thought about getting the Sulu stuff until I realized it was the same as MTG only with a fragrance added and the price marked way up. If the price was closer I'd probably buy it but I can't see paying $16.95 for 8 oz of sulu when 32 oz of MTG is only $1 more. :agape:

OrganicJewel
August 15th, 2012, 04:34 PM

I read somewhere in cyber land (not this site) that the M-T-G marketed for people still smells rank, and it's just more expensive. So, I wouldn't bother.

Calaelen
August 15th, 2012, 06:17 PM
I read somewhere in cyber land (not this site) that the M-T-G marketed for people still smells rank, and it's just more expensive. So, I wouldn't bother.

Good to know! I wouldn't be able to stand my head smelling like bacon, so I don't think I'd do it. Does anyone think castor oil with sulfer in it would do pretty much the same as a growth treatment?? I don't need moisture, so I wouldn't use mineral oil.

LuXious
August 21st, 2012, 08:15 AM
I tied a bandana over my head to go to bed last night. My husband has a veeerrrrrry sensitive nose. He actually gets angry when I use vinegar for anything besides cooking. He's made fun of the bacon smell of MTG before. Whatever. If he wants a wife with long, thick hair he'll just have to put up with it!

piffyanne
August 22nd, 2012, 11:41 PM
I need a sample size of this, haha. Does anyone sell it, or will I have to track down someone on the swapboard who's willing to send me a teeny cupful of it? I asked DBF absently today what he would do if my hair smelled like bacon, and he said he'd eat my hair. As this is a fate I've always wanted shudder: I'll just have to get some now!

Does it count as enabling if it's only for a joke?:D

(I hope this didn't violate board policies. I try to respect them, but sometimes get a little confused about whether requests/questions like this^^ are illegal. Sorry, if I just messed up again!!! :run: )