PDA

View Full Version : Miley Cyrus crew cut!!

Allychan
August 15th, 2012, 06:21 AM
OMG!! I just saw this on the Entertainment Tonight, Miley Cyrus recently cut her hair shorter (fair enough a change is sometimes good), I used to love her hair and length, but each to their own. Then she went platinum blonde (yep done that too). Now she has a pixie!!:agape: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/13/miley-cyrus-hair-haircut-pixie-cut-blonde_n_1771870.html :agape:
What a difference!! Makes me wonder, if you get tired of your long hair would you go this drastic?!! Has she the potential to start a trend? Do you think this trend will catch on?

It is rumored she cut it for charity, cudos to her if she did

Rufflebutt
August 15th, 2012, 06:36 AM
If she bleached her hair before she cut it then her hair would be unsuitable for wig-making. :/ Something to do with a chemical reaction that happens during the process of wig-making.

Maybe
August 15th, 2012, 06:40 AM
I think it looks really cute on.her. I have had a pixie cut several time. I liked it but it was too high maintenance for my hair. She has her own stylist though, so....

Anywhere
August 15th, 2012, 06:44 AM
I too thought it actually looked pretty cute, especially when she has makeup on since the blonde is a bit powerful and washes her out imo.

blondie9912
August 15th, 2012, 06:58 AM
Honestly, I think the first photo looks as though her head got caught in a lawnmower, it looks super uneven. I'm not a fan of "dramatic hairstyles" such as hers, where you have to spend hours bleaching, teasing, and straightening (not to mention piling on makeup) for it to look good. I prefer a more natural look, but as long as she's happy, that's all that matters!

Lauram
August 15th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Wow...well more than once I've gone from bsl to chin length. This last time I did cause I just had a baby and couldn't handle my hair length anymore.

I wish I found you guys here before I did that, I would have been able to just put it up with something pretty and forget about it. But ,alas, my hair is between shoulder and apl now..grow...grow...

I actually like the idea of a fresh start, I always grow long than chop, maybe cause I don't grow it long enough for me to be truly happy with it.

joflakes
August 15th, 2012, 07:04 AM
I know it's her hair and all but that haircut does look a bit like a 5 year old cut it..

Kaelee
August 15th, 2012, 08:00 AM
I like the cut! I think it looks cute on her!

It looks like an undercut too me, with a long pixie top. Not what I was picturing when they said "crew cut" and "pixie" at all.

I'm amazed that people spend so much time caring about what celebrities do with their appearance that this actually deserved a newspaper article though. :-/

brave
August 15th, 2012, 08:03 AM
It's not my favorite, but I think it's a good hair cut for trying to escape from the Hannah Montana "look". And her face can carry it off well.

gillybeanxo3921
August 15th, 2012, 08:24 AM
I think it's cute, but I loved her long hair :/

It's definitely going to be a trend. When her hair was long, a lot of girls (myself included) decided they wanted to grow their hair out, too (even though hers was extensions).

Then she cut it back to shoulder length and started wearing it in a cute little ballerina bun on top of her head, and that was a massive trend. Tons of teen girls where their hair like that, now.

I just think it's strange that she's cutting it so, punk-y right as she's about to be married? Maybe that's why I suppose. Most people would grow their hair out and wear it in some regal style for their wedding day, so she's busting out of the mold and making it short?

Hmmm, Miley always keeps me on my toes :D

Garnet66
August 15th, 2012, 08:27 AM
I really like her new haircut. I think it looks good on her. She's so pretty that she'd look good with anything. I'm wondering though if this new haircut is because she's trying to look more adult and shed the whole Hanna Montana thing. Well, whatever her reasons she looks super cute.

Nae
August 15th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Good for her, glad she is doing what she likes with her hair.

KittyBird
August 15th, 2012, 08:38 AM
I think the cut looks great on her, it really emphasises how pretty she is. :)

Dovetail
August 15th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Geh. That first picture of the cut looks horrid! Im sorry but it does. The second smaller picture of it sort of styled looks much better and kind of reminds me of aeon flux. I dont usually care much what famous people do with their hair. I wonder if she chopped it for her new role though? I know it says charity but she couldnt donate it if it was dyed. Maybe she did a fund rasier type thing. Hm. Itll be interesting to see if it catches on. Especially with winter coming up soon.

Toadstool
August 15th, 2012, 08:41 AM
Looks gorgeous to me.
Hardly a crew cut either.
I didn't know who she was.

BunnyKitten
August 15th, 2012, 08:59 AM
I'm not sure if I like it or not. I preferred her long brown hair, but her new style is kind of cute, too. I agree that the first picture looks very, very bad :rolleyes: Basically, it's something that I'll be happy to admire on someone else, but I wouldn't want on myself.

spidermom
August 15th, 2012, 09:03 AM
I hate it in every way. But that's o.k.; Miley isn't much on my radar anyway.

P.S. I have in the past, but no - I will never willingly do something this radically different to my hair ever again.

Tota
August 15th, 2012, 09:11 AM
She's young and she's experimenting with her hair. If it makes her happy - good for her! I don't like it, but she gives the impression that she's in love with her haircut and that's what matters. I'm sure this cut is more comfortable than extensions or that wig she wore as HM. If she changes her mind she can just call the best stylists in the bussiness to do their magic on her :)

petali
August 15th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Sorry guys, but those pictures remind me of bully hair cuts. You know the big mean boy that pushes you around all the time? Yeah, that's him.

Amber_Maiden
August 15th, 2012, 09:19 AM
I think it looks very cute!

nd no, I wouldn't do that. Had short hair from the time I was a kid till I was 15-16.

Bonkers57
August 15th, 2012, 09:19 AM
I like it! I've always liked dramatic, even eccentric styles. I don't know much about her, but she has a good attitude - the hair's growing out of her head and no one else's.

My dad used to say the same thing about opinions and......you know.

ellen732
August 15th, 2012, 09:27 AM
I really like it on her. I have a feeling that most of the length she lost was probably extensions.

LoveAngelBeauty
August 15th, 2012, 10:01 AM
I hate it in every way. But that's o.k.; Miley isn't much on my radar anyway.

Exactly how I feel, lol, only she is too much on my radar.

aisha.christine
August 15th, 2012, 10:05 AM
I think she looks nice with short hair, but I feel like that particular cut needs a little more styling to look less.... hacked at? Either way, it's not my head; it's her prerogative to cut her hair however she likes.

BrightEyes
August 15th, 2012, 10:05 AM
I think it's cute. Good for her!

catamonica
August 15th, 2012, 10:12 AM
I think the cut that Miley Cyrus got does not look good on her. It doesn't do a thing for her. She
looked better with longer hair.

jojo
August 15th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Not my cup of tea but who am I to judge? I'm just an ageing hippy, she'd probably hate my hair too!

BeautifullHair
August 15th, 2012, 10:28 AM
I loved her hair before hand, i use to really admire it.

I really dislike this new haircut :(

swearnsue
August 15th, 2012, 10:37 AM
I think it looks really cute, but reminds me of how her dad wore his hair back in the achy brakey days.

Anapeli
August 15th, 2012, 10:43 AM
dont like it. She looks ill kept with it. Just my 5 cents

CarpeDM
August 15th, 2012, 10:44 AM
I think everyone should go short at least once in their life!

Henrietta
August 15th, 2012, 10:44 AM
I like the cut! I think it looks cute on her!

It looks like an undercut too me, with a long pixie top. Not what I was picturing when they said "crew cut" and "pixie" at all.

I'm amazed that people spend so much time caring about what celebrities do with their appearance that this actually deserved a newspaper article though. :-/

This. I have no idea how low aspirations those journalists must have if they write about such things. But, after all, if someone pays you and you have never wanted to change the world with your writing, just earn money, maybe they are happy and feel fulfilled with this :D Poor Miley, though. I would hate to be a celebrity. So much attention and picking on things...

The cut itself... I do not like it. Just a matter of taste. Neither on her nor I'd like to have it myself. But if she likes it, it's really the only thing that matters.

neko_kawaii
August 15th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Having done similar dramatic things with my hair, go Miley! It really doesn't matter what anyone on the planet thinks about it, it is her hair.

vanillabones
August 15th, 2012, 11:00 AM
I like it, I think it looks great and it's a cool cut, her face can definitely pull anything off... Idk if it suits her though? I'm not a big Miley person or anything but I'm glad I don't have this style anymore lol, especially if it becomes the new 'thing'. I had a pixie all through my teen years, and white bleached.

Neneka
August 15th, 2012, 11:11 AM
I like her new hair. :) It looks good on her and it's cute.

KahRistAhn
August 15th, 2012, 11:14 AM
My thoughts on the matter are as follows:

http://totallylookslike.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/ihlxc6l76eioh5wsronl1q2.jpg

:cheese:

long&blonde
August 15th, 2012, 11:14 AM
I shocked myself by Not liking Miley's new do. Thought I always liked the new and extreme. I agree with all those who said it's her hair,as long as she's happy. Really everyone who makes a big change in appearance gets the racket and attention from coworkers/friends/fam. I've always hated that. Feel sorry for Miley's extra attention as a celeb. But she'd be getting grief out here anyways,even as one of us. I'm not a big fan of the color with that do, nor the long top layers, would have probably loved a natural color buzz cut.

spidermom
August 15th, 2012, 11:38 AM

Too funny. True though.

AnnaB
August 15th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Its cute but its not very 'womanly'. She just made her self look like shes a teen. I know shes like 19, but she looked 'classy' before. And shes engaged, what wedding do is she going to make with that? who knows. Celebs have to much time and money on their hands to experiment with hair.

Diamond.Eyes
August 15th, 2012, 12:00 PM
:bigeyes:. I thought she was pretty with her long ombre hair. She has the face for pretty much any cut, but that stylist did a terrible job...Who cuts hair while it's in a bun? I'm not a fan of the whole "boy-cut" on a woman trend, but to each their own. She's still beautiful. :flower:

Tia2010
August 15th, 2012, 12:04 PM

That made me laugh. :D

I had an almost identical style back in the 90's so I can't say much :p She pulls it off well but I don't like the color on her... too harsh.

She will probably have extentions back in before the year is up.

MintChocChip
August 15th, 2012, 12:24 PM
:shrug: Eh, she's not someone I particularly notice all that much so I can't say I have much of an opinion either way. I think it looks okay. All the pixie's I've loved from celebrities have been a little more feminine, that's the way I like them personally. But she can do whatever to her hair, it's not mine so who I am to judge! As long as she likes it and is happy then good on her! :D

Lady Neeva
August 15th, 2012, 12:30 PM
I am wondering what her stylist was thinking when he massacred her hair.

mrs_coffee
August 15th, 2012, 12:30 PM
I love the new hair so much I can't take it. If I was her age and hadn't spent the last year and a half growing mine out, I'd chop it off tomorrow. She reminds me of Kate Lanphear with that look.

For reference, Kate L, whose hair I also adore.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm215/tackyblueeyeshadow/kate-L-1.jpg

MonaMayfair
August 15th, 2012, 12:34 PM
I like it, though I liked the waist length extensions she had in the last series of Hannah Montana better.

sharonluvscats
August 15th, 2012, 12:34 PM

lmao agreed. Personally, I hate this haircut. I just think it looks terrible. I'd go bald before I'd do that to my hair, but to each his own.

Quixii
August 15th, 2012, 12:36 PM
When I first saw it, I thought it looked very amateurish, like she had pulled a Britney Spears and cut it herself. But from other angles and now reading that article, I'm glad that she's so happy with it. Not my thing, but if she's really happy I'm sure it's good for her.
Here (http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/miley-cyrus-new-hair-cut.jpg)'s an angle that looks a lot better.

lapushka
August 15th, 2012, 12:44 PM
It looks horrendous on her, IMO, way too short at the sides, and too uneven. Not my cup of tea, but well, if she likes it, that's all that matters really isn't it?

FrannyG
August 15th, 2012, 01:00 PM
I think it looks beautiful. It's one of those cuts that most people can only pull off at that tender age. I suppose she's pretty much been pressured to keep her hair long up until now.

If I were her age, and in a job that allowed that type of look, I'd definitely do something like that. Hair grows back.

pepperminttea
August 15th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Not my thing, but she seems to really like it, so more power to her. :)

misspurdy06
August 15th, 2012, 01:09 PM
I've have seen this behavior before. In depressed people.

battles
August 15th, 2012, 01:11 PM
I saw the picture ..yesterday, I think. But I didn't know it was her. That may be the only time I've found her attractive. :laugh: She looks way better now.

Arashi
August 15th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Honestly, I think it looks pretty awful. Makes me think of what a cockatoo would look like with a bad hair(feather) day.

But, hey, if she likes it.. good for her. I have to join in with the people wondering why it's breaking news, though.

bunnylake
August 15th, 2012, 01:55 PM
I think it looks absolutely adorable. She reminds me of a punk Twiggy or Edie Sedgewick.

march_sun
August 15th, 2012, 01:58 PM
I'm not a fan of the hair it, but it's nice to see a celebrity who chose to go against the norm.

march_sun
August 15th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Its cute but its not very 'womanly'. She just made her self look like shes a teen. I know shes like 19, but she looked 'classy' before. And shes engaged, what wedding do is she going to make with that? who knows. Celebs have to much time and money on their hands to experiment with hair.

I forgot that she's engaged :confused:I started growing my hair out the minute my hubby proposed!

Unofficial_Rose
August 15th, 2012, 02:09 PM
I saw the picture ..yesterday, I think. But I didn't know it was her. That may be the only time I've found her attractive. :laugh: She looks way better now.

Totally agree. It looks cool and edgy. Before she looked pretty but bland. It's not everyone that can carry this sort of thing off.

WaitingSoLong
August 15th, 2012, 02:22 PM
I like her statement "my hair is attached to my head and no one else's and its going bye-bye"

Good for her. I feel bad for celebrities because they can't sneeze withotu someone accusing them of something (that they probably did).

I didn't read the rest of the replies but she acn do what she wants. Who cares what anyone else thinks.

I am all for drastic changes if you can handle it. I, personally, would never have a cut that required styling like that.

Mayflower
August 15th, 2012, 02:30 PM
I've have seen this behavior before. In depressed people.

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/9426/facepalmzd.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/715/facepalmzd.jpg/)

Toadstool
August 15th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Please can someone ask a mod to help me? My display of LHC has gone all strange. Signature pictures and avatars have disappeared, and all the text has gone very basic. And I can no longer work out how to start new threads (even though it says I am allowed to) or PM anyone. Thanks.

einna
August 15th, 2012, 02:41 PM
I like it. She probably needed to do something different with her looks. Like Emma Watson, when she cut her hair after several years with "Hermione hair".

mckenzie
August 15th, 2012, 02:47 PM
I like that she changed it up from the fake "extensions/wigs" barbie-doll look that is so prevalent amongst young celebs. In my opinion it's a breath of fresh air. I don't know much about her, but she looks cute & real with her new do.

vanillabones
August 15th, 2012, 02:52 PM
The Butters comparison is hilarious!! But I'll have to agree I like this better than her hair before. I never really liked her hair. The color always bothered me and it was extensions (not that I'm against extensions I've just never liked her hair). Heh. Her face really stands out now and she has great features.

FrannyG
August 15th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Some of you are pretty harsh. It's no wonder members here feel that they have to apologize if they cut their hair or they quietly slink off into the sunset. :shrug: Her hair, her choice; good for her.

Nedertane
August 15th, 2012, 02:57 PM
It's... Okay, I guess. I don't know, maybe any positive feelings I might have for it are cut off by my generally negatively apathetic reaction to anything involving her. It doesn't seem to suit her, since it looks like some teenage "sk8r" style. Plus, short hair on anyone (not just women) just tends to make me kind of sad.

HOWEVER, if reddit is at all to believed, and she actually is this science-loving atheist who actually thinks for herself, then yeah, maybe it does suit her, and it's at least good for her that she can have a change that she feels happy with and makes her feel more like herself. :) I will agree though, that she does have the features for a short cut in general, at least.

As for the actual STYLE, though, I can't tell if the color really suits her, as that's kind of a grainy instagram-style photo. I don't care for the way the layery bits fall, but it seemed to look better in a couple other pictures I saw, and it looks more aestherically nice

This might become a trend, but to a degree, I hope not. If a bunch of young girls decide to chop off a lot of hair to emulate her on a whim, weeelllll, a fair few of them might end up regretting it. A lot.

Bah. Two cents inserted into the coin slot. :p

oktobergoud
August 15th, 2012, 04:33 PM
I like it! I feel it might have gone a bit more ehr.. gradually from short to longer, if you know what I mean, but further than that it's awesome! It makes me miss my short platinum pixie! I think she rocks it :)

(Also made me realize that what she says 'I have never felt so much like me' or something... made me think of myself. With short hair I felt like me.. with longer, I don't know. But I won't cut it!! .. yet ;))

neko_kawaii
August 15th, 2012, 04:50 PM
(Also made me realize that what she says 'I have never felt so much like me' or something... made me think of myself. With short hair I felt like me.. with longer, I don't know. But I won't cut it!! .. yet ;))

I know this exactly! I felt myself and very feminine when I shaved my waist length hair. Maybe a lack of hair to hide behind made me realize that it is not my hair that defines me. I am me and my hair is a slow moving accessory I can change at will. Right now I want to know how long this accessory can get. It is approaching tailbone and I'll take it all the way to the floor if it will go that far.

Unless people are putting their hair trimmings in your food why should it concern you what they do with it? If it isn't your wedding, why do you care what the bride's hair looks like?

dwell_in_safety
August 15th, 2012, 04:57 PM
I love her cut. It's cute, and I think it suits her.

TazM
August 15th, 2012, 05:06 PM
I really don't like it, but I'm glad she does and it's good to experiment with your hair, especially when your young. I remember Liv Tyler cutting all her hair off, and Anne Hathaway recently, and they (more so Liv) talked about how much they hated it and wanted to cry when they looked in the mirror so I'm glad it's not one of those situations, for her sake!

chou
August 15th, 2012, 05:20 PM
It cute, but she's got some way weird layers on the top there. I thought Emma Watson's pixie cut was much more stylish and classic. I wouldn't want to have to deal with styling those layers everyday. Just maintaining a pixie cut with monthly trims was enough hassle for me!

spookyghost
August 15th, 2012, 06:20 PM
I love the fact that she loves it. And the fact that she feels like herself with the short hair is awesome. I, personally, dont like it. Maybe because I love long hair or because short hair looks hideous on me. I dont know. But what I think doesnt matter. Or what anyone else thinks doesnt matter either. As long as she loves it and she is happy with it is all that matters!;)

LoveAngelBeauty
August 15th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Looking at more pictures of the cut, I kinda like it now. Mostly, I love that she had the balls to cut her hair like that. Makes her someone I'd wanna be friends with.

Chimom79
August 15th, 2012, 07:40 PM
I love the fact that she loves it. And the fact that she feels like herself with the short hair is awesome. I, personally, dont like it. Maybe because I love long hair or because short hair looks hideous on me. I dont know. But what I think doesnt matter. Or what anyone else thinks doesnt matter either. As long as she loves it and she is happy with it is all that matters!;)

I agree. I loved her long hair, but it isn't about what I want. If she is truely happy that's what matters. Strange to see her in that new cut though.

Jenni

Carolyn
August 15th, 2012, 07:53 PM
I hate it. I think it's one of the most dreadful cuts I've ever seen. But hey, Miley Cyrus isn't someone I pay much attention to. I've never found her interesting in the least. If she's happy then cool. She's 19. At that age you can be young and stupid :shrug:

Mesmerise
August 15th, 2012, 07:57 PM
The important thing is that SHE loves it.

However, it must be said... that article, plus the slide show of other celebs who have chopped off their long locks... has made me resolve to NOT do the same, no matter how much my hair is p***ing me off!!

(Sorry, but I think for the majority long hair just looks prettier :)).

MagicAndMayhem
August 15th, 2012, 10:19 PM
The photo that is going around really isn't that flattering, but she looks adorable in this one that she posted on twitter: https://p.twimg.com/A0PGedACYAEG8e4.jpg
I liked her light blonde shoulder length she had prior the most, but liking anything Miley Cyrus-related is a bit of a stretch for me. :frog:

ETA: please don't kill me...
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8oa748Jir1rxpi1io1_500.jpg

lundmir
August 15th, 2012, 10:22 PM
I did a similar thing last year! Went from hip/tb to a 1 inch pixie. I loved it for like two months, and was miserable on the hair department until now that I reached APL. But I wanted to go short once again before remaining a longhair.

I'm glad she likes it, though. I also think she pulls it off, in my opinion she looks super cute.
Also, if she wants to look different later, she has access to great products, extensions, and stylists. Good for her.

ravenreed
August 15th, 2012, 10:49 PM
I love it. Good for her for doing what makes her happy. She will hopefully have a long life ahead of her and plenty of time to try lots of hairstyles.

Simone_Fatale
August 16th, 2012, 01:04 AM
It's very cute, and I love that she gave her hair away to charity. I do wish it wasn't bleached blonde, though, but... Her choice. :)

MeowScat
August 16th, 2012, 01:29 AM
It's cute on her, she has the face to pull it off. I wish I had had the face and the guts to do that as a teenager.

But two things came to mind right away:

1. The blonde color is a little too light for her and the dark brows
only accentuate that.

2. It looks like it might be a nightmare to grow out that particular cut. I remember when Kate Gosselin was growing out her short haircut and she had to get extensions.

I agree with bunnylake, it looks like a punk Twiggy cut! :D

oktobergoud
August 16th, 2012, 02:19 AM
http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/9426/facepalmzd.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/715/facepalmzd.jpg/)

Lol I had exactly the same reaction! :P

I know this exactly! I felt myself and very feminine when I shaved my waist length hair. Maybe a lack of hair to hide behind made me realize that it is not my hair that defines me. I am me and my hair is a slow moving accessory I can change at will. Right now I want to know how long this accessory can get. It is approaching tailbone and I'll take it all the way to the floor if it will go that far.

Unless people are putting their hair trimmings in your food why should it concern you what they do with it? If it isn't your wedding, why do you care what the bride's hair looks like?

Ah yes, this exactly! I've been looking at old pictures.. sometimes I want to chop it all off! And it's not even shoulder length yet, but growing out a pixie is unbearable so I won't give in yet ;)

MintChocChip
August 16th, 2012, 02:34 AM

:laugh:

Too funny! :D

joflakes
August 16th, 2012, 02:45 AM

:spitting: :laugh: :lol: That's awesome!!

4C4rly4
August 16th, 2012, 02:56 AM
The photo that is going around really isn't that flattering, but she looks adorable in this one that she posted on twitter: https://p.twimg.com/A0PGedACYAEG8e4.jpg
I liked her light blonde shoulder length she had prior the most, but liking anything Miley Cyrus-related is a bit of a stretch for me. :frog:

Ahh you beat me to the Harry Potter picture hahahah!

Uhlizubeth
August 16th, 2012, 03:28 AM
It's adorable! Thank god she has a stylist though, keeping it blonde and cutting it sounds pretty darn annoying and expensive.

infinity_girl
August 16th, 2012, 03:35 AM
I absolutely LOVE her new hair! I think it is very cool, young and fresh and it suits her so well!

Obviously I am a big fan of long hair but I think her new cut makes her much edgier, more interesting to look at (her hair before was a bit too Barbie doll for me) and just gives off a completely new vibe.

Also, she does seem quite vain but it's nice to see a young girl apparently being really happy with her looks and having fun! I wish I had been a bit more risky and adventurous when I was her age (am 37 now).

Louise148
August 16th, 2012, 03:46 AM
I think it really suits her.

I have never has long hair like a lot of people on here have long hair, at its longest my hair was almost APL but I've cut that off to a pixie with long bangs a couple of times. Each time I loved having short hair. I am growing it out again now and want long hair again but who knows a few years from now I might do it again. Depends how I feel. :)

gnome82
August 16th, 2012, 04:58 AM
Wow that's a big change for her, I guess she felt she needed it, good on her for doing what she wanted (I hope it was her choice). :puppy:

Allychan
August 16th, 2012, 05:33 AM
Holly crappola!! I posted this last night just before going to bed and opened it today expecting it to be another 'dead end thread' not 9 pages long.
I read thru all the responses and it seems it's pretty much divided into the 'I hate it' camp and 'Her hair and it looks great on her' camp.
I get nervous when I see hair cuts this drastic, they usually happen after a 'dramatic event' like a divorce, friendship breakup, new school etc or as one poster mentioned depression or just a cry for attention.
I am not too concerned about Miley as a celeb but she is on my radar because I have a 'tween' daughter who grew up watching Hannah Montanna.
Personally I think the style suits her face and age, and she is lucky to have a stylist so they can keep it (the hair) looking good. Up until posting this thread I thought her hair was real I was not aware she had extensions :o Maybe she needed to hack it all off because of the bleach and extension damage. Who knows?
I hope the novelty is long lived and she does not regret her decision. Although it is hair and it will grow back...or will it?!!

Allychan
August 16th, 2012, 05:42 AM
I thought she looked like Madonna from when she did the 'Papa don't preach' song (showing my age now)
https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoS_b02iQwV8Po_d0cd8pBN8-Os2xAhNawdbD1pLIZJChU0AFRKQhttps://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRALzJUuh52NsLwUmetBkKKBvJDNo-4aX-F4amcLv_SkkyIXiOBow
Yep it is officially a trend now :> https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQHDqOLWbTTa84jxqK5cYWxouddLJp7t QWwbFh2z_5jlTY2Fih5

Cirafly24
August 16th, 2012, 07:13 AM
I think it looks cute. It's important to note, though, that haircuts/colors are not permanent or limiting to most celebrities...if they want a different look, they get extensions or wear wigs. When she gets married, she's probably not going to worry much what her real hair looks like, because she can make it look however she wants.

Miley's long hair was mostly extensions to begin with.

mrs_coffee
August 16th, 2012, 07:31 AM
That Ellen picture is so funny!

I've grown my hair out just to chop it off so many times, I guess the drastic change doesn't seem odd to me. I've never grown it out super long before, but the number of times I grew it out to shoulder length just to turn around and chop it into a pixie or some kind of buzz cut are too many to count.

swearnsue
August 16th, 2012, 08:10 AM
I think Stevie Wonder did a great job cutting her hair!

rtree721
August 16th, 2012, 09:01 AM
I would have to say she is brave. I could never cut all my hair off like that. The style looks high maint. too... which I am against. If my hair stlye requires more than a little oil and air drying, then forget it.

Bonkers57
August 16th, 2012, 01:24 PM
She does look like Madonna as a matter of fact, color and all! Just goes to show there's nothing new under the sun. ;)

I thought she looked like Madonna from when she did the 'Papa don't preach' song (showing my age now)
https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoS_b02iQwV8Po_d0cd8pBN8-Os2xAhNawdbD1pLIZJChU0AFRKQhttps://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRALzJUuh52NsLwUmetBkKKBvJDNo-4aX-F4amcLv_SkkyIXiOBow
Yep it is officially a trend now :> https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQHDqOLWbTTa84jxqK5cYWxouddLJp7t QWwbFh2z_5jlTY2Fih5

PinkyCat
August 16th, 2012, 02:22 PM
I think Stevie Wonder did a great job cutting her hair!

:lol: LOL - thats awesome!
Now only if Linda Bove would stop producing her music...:scared: :couch:

Embrace1913
August 16th, 2012, 02:57 PM
I think it looks like she got ran over by a lawn mower but as long as she's happy. . . . lol

Lunadriael
August 16th, 2012, 03:04 PM
I so could not wear this haircut. I would look horrendous. She might regret that later. Everyone I know who has shaved part of their head regrets it. Especially if half the hair is still long, I had a friend who did that. She found it novel for maybe a week, then was just like, why, why did I do this? Then it takes so long to grow out again... that's the problem.

Not that I care too much, Miley can do what she likes with her own hair. Not bothering me. Don't know why people make such a fuss about these things.

MrsGuther
August 16th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Good for her if she likes it. I would never ever ever cut my hair like that though!!

shutterpillar
August 16th, 2012, 03:27 PM
I think it looks great on her, and I am glad she likes it.

I cannot imagine what it would be like to have everyone - people who dont even know you - criticizing your personal look. Especially if it is one she clearly loves. I guess that is part of the celebrity life, but I can keep dreaming of a world where everyone is left to be themselves and look however they want to look without anyone criticizing it, right? ;)

FrannyG
August 16th, 2012, 03:36 PM
I think it looks great on her, and I am glad she likes it.

I cannot imagine what it would be like to have everyone - people who dont even know you - criticizing your personal look. Especially if it is one she clearly loves. I guess that is part of the celebrity life, but I can keep dreaming of a world where everyone is left to be themselves and look however they want to look without anyone criticizing it, right? ;)
I couldn't agree more. We here at LHC get all in a twist when we read an article about people criticizing long hair. It all seems a bit hypocritical to me. She is a teenager for heaven's sake, on top of that.

LoveSnap
August 16th, 2012, 04:12 PM
I actually like the new look. It's edgy and young. When I first saw it it was attached to a message on Facebook telling people not to bash Miley because she donated her hair.

I'm glad that I clicked the link at the beginning of this thread though because I saw that her hair was colored BEFORE it was cut. They say she donated it, but I don't think any of the hair donation organizations take colored hair.

ratgirldjh
August 16th, 2012, 05:19 PM
I really like her hair cut. But then I was around during the 'punk' and 'new wave' era (the first one). We used to want our hair to look like a dog chewed on it :D lol I still like that look!

Bonkers57
August 16th, 2012, 05:53 PM
:p Hey, the dog-chewed look was the point! :laugh: Punk wasn't about being "pretty" until it went (sort of) mainstream. Tho I'd look pretty stupid in it these days, I still like the look - takes me back.

I really like her hair cut. But then I was around during the 'punk' and 'new wave' era (the first one). We used to want our hair to look like a dog chewed on it :D lol I still like that look!

Miss Catrina
August 18th, 2012, 10:45 AM
It looks really good on her, and I'm sure she had some extensions going on previously anyway so it's not like we lost a long hair idol. :p

ravenreed
August 18th, 2012, 11:38 AM
I shaved part of my head at that age and never regretted it. In fact, I don't know anyone who has done it and regretted it, but that was a thing when I was younger. (Yay 80's!) Yeah it's a pain to grow out, but it's worth it. That's what hats are for. :D

I don't get why people care about what Miley or any other celeb is doing to their hair or any other part of their own bodies. My goodness, I get tired of seeing these people in the news for doing random, stupid stuff that you wouldn't blink twice if your neighbor did the same thing. Oh well. I don't get the whole fandom thing, I guess. I had a crush on a band when I was like, 13, since then I am kind of bored by celebrities as a whole. If I enjoy their work, then I enjoy their work. I don't care one bit about their personal lives.

I so could not wear this haircut. I would look horrendous. She might regret that later. Everyone I know who has shaved part of their head regrets it. Especially if half the hair is still long, I had a friend who did that. She found it novel for maybe a week, then was just like, why, why did I do this? Then it takes so long to grow out again... that's the problem.

Not that I care too much, Miley can do what she likes with her own hair. Not bothering me. Don't know why people make such a fuss about these things.

aspartame gram
August 20th, 2012, 07:23 PM
I like it! I feel it might have gone a bit more ehr.. gradually from short to longer, if you know what I mean, but further than that it's awesome! It makes me miss my short platinum pixie! I think she rocks it :)

I definitely know what you mean! I had been growing my hair out from a pixie cut three years ago. Platinum, too. I miss having funky hair! Ahh, it's killing me! I think I might end up cutting it off again... I just recently chopped from BSL to shoulder, so who knows... :D

I love the cut she has. It's definitely not traditional, and I think it's fantastic. Hair grows. Women shouldn't have to feel like they need to adhere to certain ideals in order to consider themselves feminine. Long hair, short hair, who cares? Do what makes you happy, I say!

spirals
August 20th, 2012, 10:07 PM
I didn't like her with long hair; it drowned her. But this went beyond edgy to weird. Oh well; she didn't do it for my approval, so meh.

akilina
August 20th, 2012, 10:51 PM
I think it is cute.
I do not give a #*)#^#)* about celebrities, but I can appreciate a cute style :)

The haircut in its self is a little confusing to me. It just does not look that well done.
Especially how they show a picture of him seriously chopping off all the hair on top of her head. I almost think that particular photo was just taken for fun. If he cut it that close...it doesn't seem that her hair would be as long as it is.
I was also baffled to see the guy wearing rubber gloves to cut her hair too!
Either way, it is cute on her, a nice "young" look but fun and gives her more personality.

I hate to hear so many people bashing her though over the net! You can never win I guess, especially in a big spot light.

duchesswannabe
August 21st, 2012, 05:06 AM
I think that even more exciting than the gutsy haircut (which takes her out of the Disney cookie-cutter cutie scheme) is the color.

redtuss
August 21st, 2012, 12:27 PM
I'm no fan of the girl (never heard her songs, dunno who she is really) but she has a cute new hairstyle :) Suits her well and in my opinion better on her then the long hair.

redtuss
August 21st, 2012, 12:30 PM
I shaved part of my head at that age and never regretted it. In fact, I don't know anyone who has done it and regretted it, but that was a thing when I was younger. (Yay 80's!) Yeah it's a pain to grow out, but it's worth it. That's what hats are for. :D

This! :D I've had parts shaved and also completely shaved during my younger years, it was the bomb and I'm happy I did it ^^ There was not a colour I've not had in my hair..
Even tho I know wish to have it long, I didn't before.

Pandora.
August 21st, 2012, 01:00 PM
I absolutely loved her super long waist-hip length hair (despite it being hair extensions!) but I also love this new style she has. She just knows how to rock it.

CaitlinMarie93
August 22nd, 2012, 09:18 PM
I adored her blonde bob. But if she wasn't feeling it then of course she shouldn't have kept it. Not my favorite hairstyle, but if she is happy with it then why shouldn't we be? Go Miley! :)

MaryO
August 22nd, 2012, 10:00 PM
Oh dear, that short style is going to be a nightmare to grow out! But I suppose extensions would do the trick a bit later on?

hermosamendoza
August 29th, 2012, 05:39 PM
I think it looks really cute on her and she seems to feel really comfortable with it. The long hair from hannah montana just seemed a bit much to me (but i think that's because we all knew it was bad hair extensions for at least the last season)

brownpaperbag
September 3rd, 2012, 11:21 PM
What's wrong with long flowing hair - I far preferred her long hair over short. :(