PDA

View Full Version : Curly Girl Method

Redhead Rebel
August 14th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Hi All,

I just started the curly girl method last night, I won't be able to continue it properly as I do have to use medicated shampoos for my scalp. . ..

My hair feels the best it has in years this morning. I shampooed as usual, then conditioned and pressed it into my hair and repeated then rinsed it out with cold water, I didn't dry it with a towel like I usually do, instead wrapped an old t-shirt on my head and went to bed. This morning I have some curls instead of frizzy waves and my hair feels soft instead of the usual hay texture :joy:

Thanks everyone for your advice on my other posts. :bowtome:

Can anyone recommend a good leave in conditioner thats in spray form? My hair needs lots of moisture, it seems to hate oils and love cones.

lmfbs
August 14th, 2012, 05:12 PM
You can still follow an almost-CG method with medicated shampoos. Just modify it as you need.

In terms of a spray conditioner, I used to use my normal conditioner diluted in a spray bottle. I know those products work well for my hair, so I was happy using them.

What oils have you tried? I find the more cones I use, the less my hair likes oils, except coconut and castor/EVOO mix.

Redhead Rebel
August 14th, 2012, 05:20 PM
I was using mineral oil. It makes my hair really greasy and dirty looking even when i use a tiny bit and it stops a bit of frizz but i lose my curls. Leave in conditions in cream form also make it appear greasy.

lmfbs
August 14th, 2012, 05:24 PM
I was using mineral oil. It makes my hair really greasy and dirty looking even when i use a tiny bit and it stops a bit of frizz but i lose my curls. Leave in conditions in cream form also make it appear greasy.

Mineral oil is unlike most other oils - don't judge whether your hair likes oil from just one!

Try coconut - generally (with exceptions, as always) curly people with dry hair seem to find their hair LOVES coconut oil.

I get mine at the supermarket in the oils section - it's about NZ$9 for heaps. It comes sold, but just scrap a bit out and melt it in your hands. The one I buy from the supermarket has been de-scented, but you can buy normal scented stuff from other food stores (mediterranean food warehouse is good if there's one near you).