PDA

View Full Version : Should I or shouldn't I? (peroxide question)

IndigoOptimist
August 14th, 2012, 01:49 PM
I was shopping today and bought this (http://www.superdrug.com/hair-colourants/b-blonde-cream-peroxide-12-40vol/invt/42293/) cream peroxide. It really was just an impulse buy, but I've been thinking about using some sort of lightening product on my hair for a while. I used to be a natural blonde till I dyed my hair at 13 and now my natural colour is growing out it's more red. Now I would LOVE real red hair, but it's just dirty blonde/light brown with a red tint and I don't like it. Blonde suits me nicely and I've wanted my blonde hair back for years! I wanted some highlight type things, not to dye my whole head (I'm not doing the whole dying thing again!)
My question is, what does everyone think about me diluting this cream peroxide and using it in spray bottle, almost like a sun-in type thing? How can I best avoid damage? (I know I will have damage, but would like to minimise it as much as possible)
I still may not use this, like I said, it was an impulse buy and was only £1.50. I've looked for some reviews, but I can't find anything remotely useful, only from people who're dying their whole head, so I thought I'd asked the lovely ladies (and gents) here :)

Many thanks!

P.S., I've tried honey lightening, camomile, lemon and just being in the sun. Nothing has done anything:( Though I don't think we've has enough sun here this year for it to make a difference hehe :)

spidermom
August 14th, 2012, 01:52 PM
In my inexperienced opinion (but I've observed a lot), the peroxide is likely to make the red tones more orange, and you're going to get a brassy result.

IndigoOptimist
August 14th, 2012, 01:54 PM
That's a very good point, thanks for the incite, I hadn't thought about that ;)

Amber_Maiden
August 14th, 2012, 02:43 PM
I agree with spidermom, I think it may make your hair orange.

I think, if you really want to go blonde, get some actually chemical hair dye or make an appointment at a salon to dye it. Then just keep up the maintenance by doing your roots. Yes, it will cause some damage, but if you want your blonde hair, then it may be worth it for you :)

IndigoOptimist
August 14th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Maybe. I have never been to a salon and to be honest I can't afford it on my less-then-minimum-wage paid job ;) I also don't want to have to retouch my roots too much ;)
I would like to just accept that I no longer have blonde hair, but I just can't because I think it suits me :/ I may try honey again first and see if it will work for me, I've read about so many people who have had good results so I can't see why it can't work for me ;)

elea
August 14th, 2012, 03:20 PM
i use it to bleach my hair before i put the "crayola" color on.
it needs the powder to work (same brand).

i use that brand because it is VERY strong, i wouldn't advise to use it to just lighten hair color.

spidermom
August 14th, 2012, 03:31 PM
You could get a few highlights around the face maybe? Save up for a special treat.

IndigoOptimist
August 14th, 2012, 03:38 PM
i use it to bleach my hair before i put the "crayola" color on.
it needs the powder to work (same brand).

i use that brand because it is VERY strong, i wouldn't advise to use it to just lighten hair color.

Ah, thank you very much! Like I said, I couldn't find anything online about it really ;)

IndigoOptimist
August 14th, 2012, 03:39 PM
You could get a few highlights around the face maybe? Save up for a special treat.

Maybe :) I might get my mum to pay for my birthday as I know she'll forget to get me anything :p