PDA

View Full Version : Recognized for my hair - and hairtoys!

Alvrodul
August 14th, 2012, 01:38 PM
I was in a bead shop, buying some small beads. When I went over to the checkout counter and started rooting through a basket of sale items there, one of the ladies remarked to the other that this was the lady she had mentioned, the one who has such loooong hair, and who wears those beaded stick thingies in her hair. :p;) (It was said in a nice way, really! :D)
I told her that I was wearing a hairstick today as well, and turned my hair so that she could admire it. She said that the last time I had been there, I had been wearing two sticks.
I think I had made an impression on them! ;):D

ravenreed
August 14th, 2012, 01:57 PM
I have a few people around town who are apparently paying attention to what jewelry I wear. I make my own, and tend to wear fairly bold beaded pieces. My pharmacist always asks if I made the latest thing I am wearing. It feels good to be recognized for something nice like that!

I was in a bead shop, buying some small beads. When I went over to the checkout counter and started rooting through a basket of sale items there, one of the ladies remarked to the other that this was the lady she had mentioned, the one who has such loooong hair, and who wears those beaded stick thingies in her hair. :p;) (It was said in a nice way, really! :D)
I told her that I was wearing a hairstick today as well, and turned my hair so that she could admire it. She said that the last time I had been there, I had been wearing two sticks.
I think I had made an impression on them! ;):D

pink.sara
August 14th, 2012, 02:16 PM
That's a really lovely thing to be recognised for. And you do have rather a stunning collection of hair toys :)

Amber_Maiden
August 14th, 2012, 02:37 PM
haha! :D That's awesome!!

whylime13
August 14th, 2012, 03:28 PM
That's great that they remembered you for that! I think that bead shop ladies in particular are good about noticing and remembering little details like that.

Lostsoule77
August 14th, 2012, 03:30 PM
I'd say that's a pretty cool thing to be remembered for. :)

piffyanne
August 14th, 2012, 04:25 PM
If I met you IRL, I'm pretty sure I'd recognise you by the back of your head, too. You've got quite a few hairtoys I have Rabidly Serious Hairtoy Envy for.

I'd probably steal whatever hairtoy you were wearing that day and lead you in a mad car-chase towards the nearest emigration-allowing airport/border BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :flower:

In a nutshell, I'm finding it lovely they recognised you, but not surprising! :cheese:

spirals
August 14th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Haha, I'm recognized for matching my lip color to my shirt.

Tisiloves
August 14th, 2012, 05:39 PM
I'm not suprised, you give me serious hair toy envy. ;)