PDA

View Full Version : Have damaged hair? Anyone use Garnier?

SilverMcFly17
August 14th, 2012, 12:53 AM
I noticed on t.v that Garnier has a new product, Fall Fight. I also had a coupon so I thought I'd try it. I don't see many people talk about it here. But if this experiment works it was made for those of us who are damaged!

"Notice strands in your bathroom sink or brush? Improve hair's resistance to everyday hair-fall due to breakage." - Their website.

I have been using it for about a week on and off with length and strength. I work out every day. I can't get away without washing my hair almost daily.

My hair feels amazing. Even my DH commented on how soft my hair is. I do notice less shedding and much less frizzies too.

Is there anyone out there who has tried it and loved/hated it?

dollface
August 14th, 2012, 02:13 AM
I haven't tried it but I've had tons of success with other Garnier products so once I use up my existing stash I'll have to hunt down a coupon and try it myself.

Any input on the scent and consistency of the conditioner? Curious since my leave-ins are all Garnier.

Silverbrumby
August 14th, 2012, 02:26 AM
Garnier works well for my hair and the frizzies so I try it once my stash is down.

lmfbs
August 14th, 2012, 04:36 AM
Repair? I guess it's protein laden then?

SilverMcFly17
August 14th, 2012, 10:16 AM
I haven't tried it but I've had tons of success with other Garnier products so once I use up my existing stash I'll have to hunt down a coupon and try it myself.

Any input on the scent and consistency of the conditioner? Curious since my leave-ins are all Garnier.

I LOVE the scent!! My DH never says "gee your hair smells good" now he tells me all the time. (he really hates my vinegar rinses.) lol

The consistency is great. I find that I use LESS than I normally would because even though it's thick it spreads really well and I can cover everything.

SilverMcFly17
August 14th, 2012, 10:23 AM

Repair? I guess it's protein laden then?

My bottle says: " Energizing Caffeine, Fortifying Biotin, Fruit Vitamins" I know that many people around here, myself included, take biotin as a supplement for hair growth.

I can write out an ingredients list if you're interested. I don't know right off hand what they call protein. :)

MissPetite2010
August 14th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Once my stash is down, I may have to try it. :) Haven't tried garnier yet.

SilverMcFly17
August 14th, 2012, 12:27 PM
You all should report back on your findings. I will keep up to date on mine. My hair will usually start out loving something and then hate it in about 3 weeks. I am seriously hoping that doesn't happen. I usually have to clarify when that happens and start all over with something new because the old stuff doesn't do what it used to. It's a terrible cycle. I wish I could find something reasonably priced that I love long term!!!!

ratgirldjh
August 14th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Here is the ingredients to the shampoo and conditioner. I don't see protein (or glycerine) in them unless it is in some form I don't know of.

shampoo:
Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Glycoldistearate, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance, Dimethicone, Sodium Benzoate, Pyrus Malus Extract/Apple Fruit Extract, Apple Fruit Extract (Pyrus Malus Extract), Salicylic Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Carbomer, Pyridoxene HCl, Menthol, Hexylcinnamal, Citric Acid, Sugar Cane Extract (Saccharum Officinarum Extract), Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Amyl Cinnamal, Caffeine, Biotin, Lemon Peel Extract (Medica Limonum Peel Extract), Camellia Sinensis Extract, Sodium Hydroxide

conditioner:
Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Amodimethicone, Fragrance, Isopropyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Apple Fruit Extract (Pyrus Malus Extract), Benzoic Acid, Trideceth 6, Potassium Hydroxide, Niacinamide, Pyridoxine HCL, Menthol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Cetrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Sugar Cane Extract (Saccharum Officina Rum Extract), Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Amyl Cinnamal, Caffeine, Biotin, Lemon Peel Extract (Citrus Medica Limonum Peel Extract), Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract

I might try the conditioner since it doesn't appear to have glycerine or protein and has amodimethicone. The shampoo has dimethicone and so I wouldn't try it but I don't use shampoo anyway.

SilverMcFly17
August 14th, 2012, 12:45 PM
I might try the conditioner since it doesn't appear to have glycerine or protein and has amodimethicone. The shampoo has dimethicone and so I wouldn't try it but I don't use shampoo anyway.

What does dimethicone do? What are your concerns about it?

WickedLady
August 14th, 2012, 01:23 PM
I've also seen the commercial for Fall Fight and wanted to try it but have been hesitant after reading negative reviews. The positive reviews however are far more. I also would like to hear about everyones experiences before i decide to try them. The only garnier product i use is the fall fight leave in spray.

Amber_Maiden
August 14th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Here is the ingredients to the shampoo and conditioner. I don't see protein (or glycerine) in them unless it is in some form I don't know of.

shampoo:
Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Glycoldistearate, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance, Dimethicone, Sodium Benzoate, Pyrus Malus Extract/Apple Fruit Extract, Apple Fruit Extract (Pyrus Malus Extract), Salicylic Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Carbomer, Pyridoxene HCl, Menthol, Hexylcinnamal, Citric Acid, Sugar Cane Extract (Saccharum Officinarum Extract), Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Amyl Cinnamal, Caffeine, Biotin, Lemon Peel Extract (Medica Limonum Peel Extract), Camellia Sinensis Extract, Sodium Hydroxide

conditioner:
Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Amodimethicone, Fragrance, Isopropyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Apple Fruit Extract (Pyrus Malus Extract), Benzoic Acid, Trideceth 6, Potassium Hydroxide, Niacinamide, Pyridoxine HCL, Menthol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Cetrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Sugar Cane Extract (Saccharum Officina Rum Extract), Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Amyl Cinnamal, Caffeine, Biotin, Lemon Peel Extract (Citrus Medica Limonum Peel Extract), Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract

I might try the conditioner. I don't use anything with SLS in it.

WickedLady
August 14th, 2012, 03:10 PM
right now i use this stuff to help with my dandruff until it goes away and then i will switch over to SLS free shampoo and try the the Garnier conditioner.

http://www.clearhaircare.com/

whylime13
August 14th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Thanks for the info, I do well with Garnier products (currently using length and strength) so I'll have to check this one out. I'll report back when I do

SilverMcFly17
August 14th, 2012, 03:16 PM
I can't wait to see everyone's reviews on it!! I'm such a product junkie! I love trying new things. Sadly more often than not they wind up under the sink somewhere or given away because I don't like them.

The SLS doesn't bother me as my hair tends to build up with gunk fast. I just try not to use too much at a time. About a quarter size drop works for me.

lmfbs
August 14th, 2012, 05:04 PM
What does dimethicone do? What are your concerns about it?

Dimethicone is a silicone - so cone free people will probably tend to avoid. However, I find it's a silicone that builds up super slowly in my hair so I don't mind using it.

Personally, I find garnier leaves my hair gunky, but I might try it - you never know when you'll be pleasantly surprised!

gillybeanxo3921
August 14th, 2012, 05:21 PM
I think I'll try this too, I needa finish up my stash of shampoo's and conditioner's though before I can give it a shot.

I also wanna try the new Herbal Essences Honey I'm Strong shampoo, so I'll have to decided which to try first :D

lmfbs
August 14th, 2012, 05:30 PM
I think I'll try this too, I needa finish up my stash of shampoo's and conditioner's though before I can give it a shot.

I also wanna try the new Herbal Essences Honey I'm Strong shampoo, so I'll have to decided which to try first :D

I have so many in my bathroom cupboard. I hate throwing them away, so give them 3 shots then give them to friends/family. Then I don't feel like I'm wasting them!

SilverMcFly17
August 14th, 2012, 05:32 PM

I usually go with whatever smells best. Haha.

Thank you for answering my question about cones. I really should have known that by now. lol.

BambooBeauty
August 14th, 2012, 11:15 PM
Next time im out ill have to look for it, ill try it and report back...i have horrible horrible shedding.

SilverMcFly17
August 17th, 2012, 12:01 AM
So far I have noticed a decrease in shedding. My drain isn't getting clogged as fast with little fur balls.:cheese:

Talk about softness!!!!!!! My hair used to be so soft before I started dying it. People had actually asked if they could touch my hair. The last few years have been hell for it and I've paid for it. Using the fall fight my hair is so soft!! I sound like an ad. I just get so excited when I find something that works.

vanillabones
August 17th, 2012, 12:43 AM
I hate Garnier so I'm glad this one doesn't tempt me. My stash is out of control and I rarely ever buy anything! New HE Honey I'm Strong? That I may be interested in as a conditioner :P *lurking not hijacking*

BeautifullHair
August 17th, 2012, 12:44 AM
I also suffer from shedding :(

But this stuff sounds pretty good. And i love that fact that people say it smells good.
I loove when my hair smells good :o

Debra83
August 17th, 2012, 01:11 AM
When I saw the first thread I saw about it...a different one than yours....I looked for it in the store because I LOVE their triple nutrition for the last couple of years....but I wanted to give this a shot. Is it in Canada yet?

SilverMcFly17
August 17th, 2012, 08:33 AM
Not sure if it's in Canada yet. I'm in Michigan. I didn't know there was another thread about it. Whoops. My bad. That's what I get for being excited.
@VanillaBones, my stash is out of control as well. I just bought 2 huge bottles of moisturizing something or other. Talk about BUILD UP! I could NOT get that to rinse out. Now I have to find someone to give it to. I also have a set of Mane and Tail that I keep trying. I really should know better by now. I've tried it probably 5 times over the last 10 years. I keep that around to wash the dog. lol

Debra83
August 20th, 2012, 01:01 AM
Not sure if it's in Canada yet. I'm in Michigan. I didn't know there was another thread about it. Whoops. My bad. That's what I get for being excited.
@VanillaBones, my stash is out of control as well. I just bought 2 huge bottles of moisturizing something or other. Talk about BUILD UP! I could NOT get that to rinse out. Now I have to find someone to give it to. I also have a set of Mane and Tail that I keep trying. I really should know better by now. I've tried it probably 5 times over the last 10 years. I keep that around to wash the dog. lol

LOL LOL LOL I went to search the other thread.....it's a double post of yours!!!! It has only one response though!!! How funny!!1
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=99035&highlight=garnier+fall

SilverMcFly17
August 20th, 2012, 11:10 PM
Haha that is funny. I had no idea it double posted. I'm still loving it past where I usually fall out of love with shampoos and condish. All is well. Also I feel like my pony tail is thicker. I will have to measure tomorrow if I think of it.

akilina
August 20th, 2012, 11:17 PM
I only use GF triple nutrition.
I guess they added a cone recently. This particular cone apparently only builds up where your hair needs to be filled in?
Correct if wrong. I believe it works for me. It feels nice and light, yet leaves my hair feeling great.
I did a CO wash with it today and my hair is satisfied!

WickedLady
August 21st, 2012, 08:11 AM
So far I have noticed a decrease in shedding. My drain isn't getting clogged as fast with little fur balls.:cheese:

Talk about softness!!!!!!! My hair used to be so soft before I started dying it. People had actually asked if they could touch my hair. The last few years have been hell for it and I've paid for it. Using the fall fight my hair is so soft!! I sound like an ad. I just get so excited when I find something that works.

Let me know how well it does in a few more weeks and then i may try it. but i use both the S&C every 3-4 days.

Firefly
August 21st, 2012, 08:59 AM
I noticed the conditioner has isopropyl alcohol-- isn't that rubbing alcohol? Wouldn't it dry out the hair?

Also, what is the smell like? I find the smell of most GF products too overwhelmingly fruity/sweet. Hoping this one might be different... TIA!

mallorykay13
August 21st, 2012, 09:11 AM
I have had a lot of success with Garnier's Triple Nutrition line. They are my go-to shampoo/condish, although I haven't tried this product.

SilverMcFly17
October 13th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Okay, so. It has been almost 2 months. I still love it!!!! I ran out of conditioner and it was out of stock at the store for about a week. But I'm back with it and I still LOVE it.

Regarding the questions. Someone says it has alcohol in it and asked if it was drying. I do not find that it is. My hair seems to LOVE it. SO soft!

Someone else asked about the smell. It does smell fruity but I don't find it to be hugely overwhelming after it dries. Just a gentle whiff here and there.

I am still shedding less. I have some shedding but it is less. Not that I've counted every strand I've lost. I measure it by how often I have to clean out my boar hair brush. It used to be about every 2 or 3 days. Now i've gone a week- week and a half before I have to clean it out.

All in all, I've had great results. If you want to try it I'd love to hear others opinions on it. Happy growing.

Silverbrumby
October 13th, 2012, 09:36 PM
I love Juice Organics PomSmooth for my hair now. I found the Garnier did weigh it down a bit. Juice Organics also do this fabulous Brightening Shampoo which I swear clarifies my build up out without drying it. Big Fan of this range now.

Debra83
October 15th, 2012, 12:05 AM
Still haven't found it yet where I am......haven't looked EVERYWHERE yet though. Still have a huge bottle of GF3N to go through before I get serious looking.