PDA

View Full Version : Victorian Hair Brush

jennescence
August 13th, 2012, 11:47 PM
I have wanted a beautiful Victorian hair brush for as long as I can remember. Trouble is, I cannot find any unused replicas. If any of you know where I can find one I would be very very grateful!

minxe
August 14th, 2012, 01:22 AM
I have two ideas that might help you.

Google: Victorian hair brush "unused"
Make sure you include the quotation marks so that only pages with the term unused show up. You could also try "new" instead of "unused," or include the term replica in your search.

Also, if you do a search on ebay for vintage or victorian hair brushes, there are boxes you can tick on the side to specify the condition you'd prefer. In your case, I'd tick "new" and peruse the results from there. :)

Hope I helped x

bettylibertine
August 14th, 2012, 02:12 AM
Oooohhh! I'm no help but.. please post if you find one!

Arakazi
August 14th, 2012, 02:20 AM
Yes definitely post a picture if you find one!! Good luck!

Aeltt
August 14th, 2012, 05:33 AM
Check out "Anna Sui Hair Brush". You won't find any replicas as awesome as the real ones but these are cute.

Madora
August 14th, 2012, 07:05 AM
I have wanted a beautiful Victorian hair brush for as long as I can remember. Trouble is, I cannot find any unused replicas. If any of you know where I can find one I would be very very grateful!

I'm curious. Why do you want a Victorian hair brush? Is it for the workmanship or some other aspect?

jennescence
August 30th, 2012, 04:54 PM
They are beautiful and big lol

spidermom
August 30th, 2012, 05:09 PM
I found a soft BBB with an ornate silver-plated handle in a thrift store. I brought it home, cleaned and washed it, then left it in direct sunlight for a couple of weeks to be sure nothing icky remained. It's soooooooooooo nice to use. I don't know if it's Victorian or not, though.

jennescence
August 30th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Scratch that lol. I want this one now: http://www.brushlab.com/brushlab-black-label-hair-brush-96911.html

katfemme89
August 30th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Scratch that lol. I want this one now: http://www.brushlab.com/brushlab-black-label-hair-brush-96911.html

I'm not trying to be a poo-pooer but the brush you linked has nylon bristles mixed in with the boar bristles... I have heard that nylon can cause breakage and more static... but that's just my two cents. I don't know if the breakage is a fact but I know from experience that the static is. But hey if you want it, get it and let us know how it works out :-)

jennescence
August 30th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Oh man:( Never mind lol That stinks:(

katfemme89
August 30th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Yeah. LadyLongLocks (also known as JJJlonghair4u2c on youtube) has lots of pictures and vids of good BBBs... the issue I have with mine is it doesn't penetrate all the way through my hair to my scalp, so I'm going to have to find one with longer, coarser bristles. The narrow ones seems to be better at penetrating through thick hair, from what I've heard. I have a wooden paddle BBB but I still like it. I just section my hair off to make sure I get each section.

BlazingHeart
August 30th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Can you give us more of a description than 'Victorian'? Do you want a silver brush? Are you looking for one with a decorated back? Or do you just want a classic looking boar bristle brush? Something else?

~Blaze

Norman
August 31st, 2012, 05:30 PM
I bought my wife a Mason Pearson brush. Expensive but a great gift and a super brush. For a genuine Victorian/Edwardian heirloom try e-bay. They always have the genuine article.