PDA

View Full Version : Henna Inused Oil but don't want Colour Change

White Lavender
August 13th, 2012, 02:14 PM
I found this recipe to make a henna leaf infused oil but only want to try it if it doesn't change my hair's colour. What do you think?
Ingredients

coconut oil: 2 large cups
fresh henna leaves: approximately 2 stems full with leaves
fenugreek seeds: 2 tblsp
nigella seeds/ black seeds: 2 tblsp

In a large saucepan heat the coconut oil, as soon as the first boil comes turn off the heat.
Immediately add the henna leaves with the stems
Leave the contents in the saucepan until the oil has cooled down.
Strain the oil in a glass jar in which you want to store the oil.
Add the fenugreek and nigella seeds in it and also a few burnt henna leaves.
Place the jar in sunlight for 3-4 days.
Apply after warming a small amount of oil; massaging gently onto scalp. This infused oil is supposed to help the following problems: hair loss, dandruff, lack of shine, bald patches, dryness.

*I have never used henna before.

cmg
August 13th, 2012, 04:29 PM
I think it is intended for dark hair. Anyways, where will you get the fresh henna?

For what its worth: The lawsone blends more redily with water than with oil, but I dont really think that has any impact on this reciepe. I think it will give stain. However, the reciepe might not aim for the lawsone molecules. It could be something else instead, like tannines or resins of the twigs/leafs. Or even something else or all of it :confused:

/ CMG

White Lavender
August 13th, 2012, 04:56 PM
Hi, cmg.
I haven't bought the henna leaves yet. I am planning on visiting an Indian market this week. I've never been to an Indian store before so probably I will get a few things :o

Not sure what lawsone is.
Hmm, maybe I shouldn't attempt this recipe, I'm in over my head.
I have light reddish brown hair with a few highlights and I like the colour as is.

I've had lovely luck with Cassia so maybe will just stick with that (I had ordered the Cassia online.)
Thanks