PDA

View Full Version : newbie

kite runner
August 13th, 2012, 06:45 AM
Hi all,

I just started growing my hair 1 and a half years ago. just before i started growing it i cut it into layers, 1 and a half years later the longest layer is at mid-back length and the shortest between shoulder and BSL. My hair is wavy/curly with a bit of frizz i have tried most of the shampoos out there to manage it but only thing thats working is oiling with vatika coconut oil once a week it make my hair suuuuuper soft :D recently i tried the no shampoo method and CO wash (but i was washing it out with hot water) but my hair just got too sticky and greasy after about a week and a half. Any tips? Also does anyone have any tips on how to style my hair i find using bands in a ponytail pull on my hair too much so usually its in a real loose bun.

Thanks

gillybeanxo3921
August 13th, 2012, 06:56 AM
I'm with ya! I started growing my hair over a year ago, and I just recently decided my layers needa go if I'm ever going to get rid of all this damage.

Anywho, I lot of members on here use hair forks and sticks you can find on etsy.com. My favorite is grahtoe studio, they sand their forks so they're catch free, and won't damage your hair. I have yet to buy anything, though.

Good luck! :D

Madora
August 13th, 2012, 07:21 AM
Welcome to LHC, kite runner!

You might be interested in this style:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPHEzUr5bWQ

Also, check out the Articles (see the grey menu bar, above) for more hairstyling suggestions.

kite runner
August 13th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Thank you all so much for your replies. I'll look into getting those hair sticks, thats crown braid is awesome!!

jacqueline101
August 13th, 2012, 10:43 AM
There is a hair style of the month section you can look at them for inspiration.