PDA

View Full Version : I think I've found a routine

spirals
August 12th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Posting because I'm satisfied and maybe this will help a curly.

Day 1: wash with soap and use a rinse-out conditioner that I've acidified. (I tried citric acid rinse, but it was a bit drying.) Finger-detangle while conditioner is in hair. Rinse and scrunch leave-in into wet hair before toweling. Wear down, allowing it to air-dry. Run very lightly oiled palms over it after it has dried if needed.

Day 2: lightly oil surface and either put hair up, or mist with curl spray and gently scrunch if wearing down. The pre-oiling is a revelation for me, as misting with any kind of water-based spray at all will cause frizz. The oil helps prevent that.

Day 3: repeat day 2 if scalp feels clean. Otherwise, it's a wash day.

Throughout week: brush at night if scalp needs it. If hair's a bit tangly, brush may be misted with oil spray.

Dang3rousB3auty
August 12th, 2012, 11:49 PM
Awesome! I sure hope I can find my perfect routine/shampoo/conditioner/leave-in etc soon! It will definitely be easier on the wallet and easier on my hair.

RedJen
August 12th, 2012, 11:56 PM
Thanks for posting! My scalp loves combing and brushing, but since I'm trying to encourage my curls/wurls, I'm nervous about brushing. Do your curls tolerate the brushing well?

spirals
August 13th, 2012, 10:25 AM
I have loose spiral about the diameter of a big dry erase marker, or a hot dog. Lol. So if I spray the brush with oil first, and gently start at the ends, I can get a brush through it. I do it before bed because it will look like cotton candy. That can be fixed the next day by a wash or putting it up. I brushed last night and this morning I oiled again and brushed and got smooth waves. It looks nice. I'd leave it down if I weren't going to the dentist. I'll have to braid for that. Dang3rousB3auty, I like Shea Moisture as a leave-in. There's a thread around here somewhere, started either by curlycap or curlycurves.