PDA

View Full Version : How do i know if i have build up and how can i remove it?

lole18
August 12th, 2012, 04:11 PM
most of my products have wax and silicon but i cant tell if what i feel is build up. and they say acv doesnt remove silicon or wax build up? any other solution other than a claryfing shampoo? :)

earthnut
August 12th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Vinegar won't work against waxes and silicones. Shampoo will, and it doesn't need to be a clarifying shampoo. Any shampoo with "sulfate", "sulfonate", or "betaine" in the ingredients can remove waxes and silicones.

Madora
August 12th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Well, if you've never clarified your hair...or it has been several months since you did so, you'll have buildup.

Buildup can sometimes be detected by the way your hair appears...lank, stringy..or perhaps the ends are giving you trouble (i.e. crunchy ends).

Neutrogena Anti-Residue Clarifying shampoo has received good reviews here. It delivers the goods. Be sure and condition after your clarify.

For the sake of your hair, try to limit what you put on it.

Thenolegirl
August 12th, 2012, 08:22 PM
For me, buildup means tangly, crunchy, straw-like ends and my hair looks dull. Also, when my hair dries, I have very little volume and my hair hangs flat with no waves. My scalp also seems to get greasier faster when my hair has buildup.

If you don't want to buy Nuetrogena's clarifying shampoo (which works well), you can use VO5 Kiwi Lime Clarifying Shampoo. It does the exact same thing for just $1. It also lathers better than Nuetrogena so it's easier to spread around on the scalp and the length.

What's funny is that I once used my mom's expensive salon clarifying shampoo to get rid of the cones and crunchy ends. It had cones in it!! It just dried out my hair and made my ends feel worse. :P Now if I have to clarify, I use Sauve Naturals shampoo (no cones).

Arakazi
August 12th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Mix 3teaspoons of shampoo with 1teaspoon of baking soda and voila, clarifying here we come! You should deff clarify your hair :) and then do an SMT! Heaven in your hair. (Or some kind of DT).
Good luck :)