PDA

View Full Version : Curls

deltadeliquent
August 12th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Anybody know why my hair is quite curly when wet, but straight or barely wavy when dry?
Even if I dont touch it at all whilst drying the curls fall out.
I do use a light serum or leave in. Never found anything to counter act this.
Any solutions?

longcurlygirl<3
August 12th, 2012, 03:52 PM
I mean you're curl type is wavy, im not much of help but maybe try mousse?

jeanniet
August 12th, 2012, 04:07 PM
If your serum has cones, those could be weighing down the curls enough to pull them into waves. You might want to try using a gel or curling cream to scrunch your curls (do this when your hair is wet), and then plop with a t-shirt for half an hour or so before letting your hair dry. I've just started using Kinky Curly Curling Custard and it really makes curls pop. It's not cheap, but a little goes a very long way. Use it on very wet hair, just a bit (I use maybe 1/2 teaspoon for all my hair), rake through and scrunch. Or use a gel in the same way.

elea
August 12th, 2012, 05:21 PM
wow, mine curls-up as it dryes, never heard of the opposite.
you let it dry loose right? (if i stick it in or around anything when it is wet, it just takes "that" shape, often waves unless rolled)

spirals
August 12th, 2012, 09:07 PM
If your serum has cones, those could be weighing down the curls enough to pull them into waves. You might want to try using a gel or curling cream to scrunch your curls (do this when your hair is wet), and then plop with a t-shirt for half an hour or so before letting your hair dry. I've just started using Kinky Curly Curling Custard and it really makes curls pop. It's not cheap, but a little goes a very long way. Use it on very wet hair, just a bit (I use maybe 1/2 teaspoon for all my hair), rake through and scrunch. Or use a gel in the same way.This. I like Shea Moisture styling milk. It has a bit of hold in the form of sugar starch but no silicones. I've heard good things about the KCCC too. My hair will often look like cotton candy waves without some kind of leave-in.

SerinaDaith
August 12th, 2012, 09:14 PM
If I really want my curly wavy hair to keep more curl I use pure aloe just a dime sized bit then plop my hair in my turby twist for about thirty minutes, if I want my curl back after wash day I do a damp cloth and gently scrunch my hair and air dry. One of these daysiwill forget about the darned turby twist and wear it out to take my sonto school.