PDA

View Full Version : Desperate times call for desperate measures...

Kat
August 12th, 2012, 03:36 PM
This is the only place I can admit this...

Hopped in the shower to wash my hair today.... wet it down... discovered that I was out of shampoo. Last time I washed I noted I was mostly out and needed to buy more... and... forgot to do so this past week.

Got one lather in, mostly, assisted slightly by my bottle of Dr. Bronner's. Not enough for two lathers. Look around... well, I had not taken the cat shampoo out of the tub from when we washed the :kitten: kittybeast :kitten: a few weeks ago. You know where this is going. :)

I'll let you know once it dries if I entered a big error. :)

It was the "Scratchy Cat" shampoo so maybe it'll be good for the seborrheic dermatitis too. :)

http://www.amazon.com/Bobbi-Panter-Scratchy-Cat-Shampoo/dp/B0020N8MAA

AineMuirne
August 12th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Lol!

You're probably better off using it on your head than on your cat- I can't believe they'd make a cat shampoo with tea tree oil AND lavender oil in it! @_@

Nae
August 12th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Yeah buddy! We want to hear reviews!

swearnsue
August 12th, 2012, 03:48 PM
That's funny, but you know those ingredients sound really great. pH might be off for humans, idk, conditioner would take care of that though. I'm amazed that there are cats that let people bathe them. I would not try it even if I lived next door to a plastic surgeon!

jojo
August 12th, 2012, 04:09 PM
That's funny, but you know those ingredients sound really great. pH might be off for humans, idk, conditioner would take care of that though. I'm amazed that there are cats that let people bathe them. I would not try it even if I lived next door to a plastic surgeon!

LOL! Ha ha yeah the claws would be truly out!!! I'm using megatek pet shampoo at moment it's actually really good, I've had no fleas but an incontrollable urge to scratch my ear with my foot:D

CurlySasha
August 12th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Awesome! I hope it works out well for you :)

Kat
August 12th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Lol!

You're probably better off using it on your head than on your cat- I can't believe they'd make a cat shampoo with tea tree oil AND lavender oil in it! @_@

I've always been nervous using it for that reason, too. So I won't feel bad if I end up stealing it from her. :)

Doesn't feel too bad so far. I only shampoo my crown/some of the hair at the back of my neck that tends to get oily (I CWC). Must remember the real people shampoo this week, though.

Our kitty's only been bathed twice... both times were a fiasco. :) She doesn't take well to it at all.

Asprettyasme
August 12th, 2012, 04:42 PM
#error

#An error occurred.

brave
August 12th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Lol!

Augh! You are right. I know tea tree oil is toxic to cats, is lavender as well?

Kaelee
August 12th, 2012, 05:48 PM
LOL! That's not so bad. One time (before I took super good care of my hair) I ran out of shampoo and used...Lava soap. The kind with pumice in it.

I can honestly say I do NOT recommend it! :blueeek:

AineMuirne
August 12th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Augh! You are right. I know tea tree oil is toxic to cats, is lavender as well?

Yes. :( Most essential oils are. I guess they can tolerate oils in very small, very dilute amounts and it can be used to treat some issues, but you really need to know what you're doing with it. I don't think I'd trust myself to have any oils anywhere near my kitty, though!

piffyanne
August 12th, 2012, 07:15 PM
LOL! That's not so bad. One time (before I took super good care of my hair) I ran out of shampoo and used...Lava soap. The kind with pumice in it.

I can honestly say I do NOT recommend it! :blueeek:

If you make something idiot-proof, they'll make a better idiot. That idiot is apparently me, in this case. Your post was unexceptionable, but it left me wondering for maybe five seconds why a person would need to wash a volcano, and then HOW said person would go about accomplishing this task.

Then I realised what you meant. :rolleyes:

Looking forward to the results of your experiment!

misspriss
August 12th, 2012, 08:06 PM
If you make something idiot-proof, they'll make a better idiot. That idiot is apparently me, in this case. Your post was unexceptionable, but it left me wondering for maybe five seconds why a person would need to wash a volcano, and then HOW said person would go about accomplishing this task.

Then I realised what you meant. :rolleyes:

Looking forward to the results of your experiment!

Or why your average person would be washing lava off of something? LOL

I'm sure your hair will be fine. I can't imagine washing the cats would go well. I have two cats, one has been washed 3 times in her 5 year life, the other 1.5 times in her 4 year life (we didn't make it through the bath).

spirals
August 12th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Well, soap isn't terrible for hair. Pumice particles are!

trolleypup
August 12th, 2012, 10:02 PM
Well, soap isn't terrible for hair. Pumice particles are!
Lava would probably be bad too, all that heat!

heidi w.
August 12th, 2012, 10:06 PM
I rather doubt that using a leftover shampoo from anyone, kitty or humanoids, is going to be helpful for Seborrheic Dermatitus, which I also have.

heidi w.

SerinaDaith
August 12th, 2012, 10:20 PM
I have had to use soap in my hair but it left me so dry that when I went to brush it out post shower(pre lhc) I could hear the snapping of hair, my conditioner was not good either, it took days of washing to make my hair manageable again. Stupid me, now I would just co or wo.

Kat
August 13th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Well, the hair I used the kitty shampoo on is quite soft, really. :)

ddiana1979
August 13th, 2012, 08:03 PM
I washed my hair with dog flea shampoo once, before a party (I didn't have time to run to the pharmacy, and my hair *really* needed to be washed). I got several compliments on my hair that night. ;)

Amber_Maiden
August 13th, 2012, 08:45 PM
lol! I hope your hair turns out ok!

Lostsoule77
August 13th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Well, the hair I used the kitty shampoo on is quite soft, really. :)

Glad to hear it! :D I guess sometimes shampoo is just shampoo no matter who it's made for.

As far as washing cats, my one used to be an outdoor kitty. He got washed all the time no problem. I figured it was because I did it since he was a kitten. Then we tried to do it to out other kitty. Not so easy with him. It took 2 of us and he'd scream bloody murder so bad that the other cats would run to the door to make sure he was ok!

Just have to make sure their claws are trimmed first. Plus it helps to put a towel on the bottom of the tub so they can dig their claws in. Helps them feel more secure. Also you only put the water leg height, as in not quite up to their belly. You also don't run the water. Use a cup to wet/rinse them and stay away from their face. It's a pain, but sometimes it has to be done.

Sorry for the hijack