PDA

View Full Version : Mane 'n Tail hair dressing

curlyhair
August 12th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Hi, first I would like to thank all LHC users for your support, all inspirational hair journeys and for all fantastic updos.
Today I saw mane and tail hair dressing pomade and I would like to buy it but it has long ingredients list on the label and I don’t know all these ingredients are good for my hair or not. Then when I got back home I searched for the product to check the ingredients I found the ingredients on the main website are only those (Petrolatum Dimethicone Isopropyl Myristate Fragrance Beeswax Propylparaben Lanolin Oil D & C Yellow #10 Mineral Oil) so I want to ask those who use this product
1.What are the ingredients of mane & tail Hair dressing written on the product label (Not the shampoo or the conditioner) and why the complete list doesn’t appear on the website?
2. Is this product used for hair styling only or can be used for scalp massage (I think it will depend on the ingredients)
3.If this product can be used for scalp massage does it help to increase growth rate (as I have been using castor oil mixed with rosemary and myrtus communis oils for about 3 months now and I still get my regular growth 1cm/month)
Thank you all.

jacqueline101
August 12th, 2012, 01:30 PM
I've never tried it I did use the mane n tail shampoo and conditioner and loved it. I'd try it. I'd use it as package indicated.

jeanniet
August 12th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Be cautious. The first two ingredients are petrolatum (vaseline) and dimethicone (a silicone), which are both pretty heavy and will build up. Ingredients like these can really weigh curls down, and will require an SLS shampoo to remove. I definitely don't think you'd want to use it for scalp massage! If you do decide to try it, use just a very tiny bit at first until you're sure of how much to use--if you use too much, it may be pretty hard to wash out. It won't hurt your hair, but it may be too much for it.

curlyhair
August 12th, 2012, 03:15 PM
I've never tried it I did use the mane n tail shampoo and conditioner and loved it. I'd try it. I'd use it as package indicated.

Be cautious. The first two ingredients are petrolatum (vaseline) and dimethicone (a silicone), which are both pretty heavy and will build up. Ingredients like these can really weigh curls down, and will require an SLS shampoo to remove. I definitely don't think you'd want to use it for scalp massage! If you do decide to try it, use just a very tiny bit at first until you're sure of how much to use--if you use too much, it may be pretty hard to wash out. It won't hurt your hair, but it may be too much for it.
I thought about using it as scalp massage because the label i read contains no dimethicone or any silicone of any kind and also contains natural oils like castor oil, almond and other oils i don't know

Wildcat Diva
August 12th, 2012, 03:23 PM
I thought about using it as scalp massage because the label i read contains no dimethicone or any silicone of any kind and also contains natural oils like castor oil, almond and other oils i don't know

But look at the first ingredient you mentioned in your first post. Dimethicone, right?

curlyhair
August 12th, 2012, 03:27 PM
But look at the first ingredient you mentioned in your first post. Dimethicone, right?
yes on the label there was no dimethicone but the website shows that contains dimethicone , if it really contains dimethicone i would never thought about it as i'm cone free and conditioner only sincejuly2012

Asprettyasme
August 12th, 2012, 03:43 PM
#error

#An error occurred.

curlyhair
August 12th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Mane 'n tail has cone in it. So if your hair likes cone then get it but if it doesn't then leave it alone. I have the shampoo and conditioner because I read online it made your hair grow like crazy! But it did not make my hair grow, it just made it super soft and untangled. Which was nice. It made my ma hair shed though. She didn't shed and then when she used it she started to shed a lot. I still have it but I stopped using it because I wasn't sure whether it was healthy for my hair. But a lot of people seem to love there products so knock yourself out! It might work for you. I have a suggestion, how about you go to amazon.com and look up the product there. I bet they have loads of reviews on it. Thats where I look up all my products and if it isn't there then I look on LHC and try and find mane 'n tail reviews here because it has to be some on here. No way that this site wouldn't have a thread about mane 'n tails. so try that! Good luck!
Thanks for your reply , tomorrow i will check it again and take my time reading the ingredients and if it contain no silicones of any kind i will get and give it a try

PinkyCat
August 12th, 2012, 04:04 PM
I used to use that stuff on my ends before I found out about coconut oil. I bought a case of it 5 years ago and still have a couple jars left! It was OK, but once I started CO it was out of the question. Coconut oil works much better IMO.