PDA

View Full Version : Phyto Phytonectar Oil

PinkyCat
August 12th, 2012, 12:25 PM
I received this in my sample box this month from the Beauty Bar Sample Society.

http://www.beautybar.com/p/phyto-phytonectar-oil-76602

Ingredients:
-Egg Yolk Oil: Contains proteins lipids and vitamins to nourish hair.
-Soybean: Restructures the hair fiber.
-Sunflower Extract: Neutralizes free radicals and prevents oxidation.

Zea Mays (Corn) Germ Oil (Maïs), Peg-33 Castor Oil (Dérivé D'huile De Ricin), Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean)Lipids (Soja), Egg Yolk Extract / Ovum Oil (Huile D'œuf), Melaleuca Leucadendron Cajaput Oil (Essence De Cajeput), C10-30 Cholesterol / Lanosterol Esters, Fragrance / Parfum, Hydroxystearic Acid, Lauryl Pyrrolidone, Bha, Bht, Methyl Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate.

I made a mixture in my spray bottle of this stuff, olive oil, Suave condish & water, and have it in my hair as a deep treatment right now. It smells great and is a bit tingly. I'll probably leave it in all day and overnight in a high top knot, even though I look like oil-slick hair (and I have to go out in public today). I'll let you know what my results are tomorrow and if I'll be buying the full-size product.

Bunnysaur
August 12th, 2012, 01:44 PM
I had a sample of that or something very similar from the same brand, but it was in a glass vial and I broke it all over the floor before I got to use it in my hair :(
I'm interested to see how this goes for you, I'd like to try it again!

PinkyCat
August 13th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Nope not great. Not buying. And a tad annoyed actually.

Not only did the smell get to me after awhile, I kept dreaming that other people in my dreams smelled it too. And on top of that - it LEACHED SOME OF MY COLOR!!! :mad: Now my nice rich black is a dark dark brown. I just colored it two weeks ago too. All of it - all three freakin' wrap-myself-in-a garbage-bag-and-stand-in-the-tub-for-45-minutes feet of it!!

Ugh! Now that I wrote that out, I'm mostly pissed. :demon::demon::demon:

Bunnysaur
August 13th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Nope not great. Not buying. And a tad annoyed actually.

Not only did the smell get to me after awhile, I kept dreaming that other people in my dreams smelled it too. And on top of that - it LEACHED SOME OF MY COLOR!!! :mad: Now my nice rich black is a dark dark brown. I just colored it two weeks ago too. All of it - all three freakin' wrap-myself-in-a garbage-bag-and-stand-in-the-tub-for-45-minutes feet of it!!

Ugh! Now that I wrote that out, I'm mostly pissed. :demon::demon::demon:

That does sound awful! I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with it!

ravenreed
August 13th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Oils have a tendency to remove color. Happens to me quite a lot. I have to avoid anything that lists Parfum as an ingredient because I am viciously allergic to it.