PDA

View Full Version : Hair training and styles help :]

PurpleLauren
August 12th, 2012, 06:49 AM
Hello :] Im trying to train my hair and have been for a month or so, however I have been using dry shampoo like, the day before I wash it because it is just to oily to go to work with, is this slowing down the transition period? and what hair styles cover up oily hair well?

Also what is your best hairstyle for growing out hair - Im kinda new to all this still haha!

Thanks in advance!! :face:

Tisiloves
August 12th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Buns tend to hide the greasies well, just smooth your hair back with a BBB and it looks like sleek product rather than grease.

MissCoco
August 12th, 2012, 06:59 AM
Buns are great and usually easier to do with greasy hair, but I also find that braids-- especially French or Dutch braids-- look beautiful with oily/greasy hair. A simple English braid down your back also works well. :)

Welcome to the LHC! :waving: Hope you have a wonderful hair growth journey! :flower:

Dziip
August 12th, 2012, 09:11 AM
On my hair, a french braid is better to hide that your hair are oily than a bun. Even if I use the BBB on the front.

sarah112786
August 12th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Definately french braids. I usually do a tucked french braid on really greasy days but it doesn't seem to stay at all unless its kind of greasy.

Madora
August 12th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Hello :] Im trying to train my hair and have been for a month or so, however I have been using dry shampoo like, the day before I wash it because it is just to oily to go to work with, is this slowing down the transition period? and what hair styles cover up oily hair well?

Also what is your best hairstyle for growing out hair - Im kinda new to all this still haha!

PurpleLauren, forgive me, but "training" your hair to do what? Do you mean you are trying to stretch washes?

I don't understand the necessity of using dry shampoo the day before you wash it. Why not just find a shampoo that is formulated for oily hair and use that? The dry shampoo usually takes more rinsing to get rid of the dry shampoo which means more chances of damage.

If you have an oily scalp, then you'll just need to wash more often and forget about stretching washes.

In between washes, you can try removing some of the oil by putting a cotton sock over your hairbrush, then brushing through the hair.

Dziip
August 12th, 2012, 09:28 AM
If you have an oily scalp, then you'll just need to wash more often and forget about stretching washes.

Just about that ( I thumb up to the rest of Madora's post), I do/did have a very oily scalp and since I started WOing (1 mounth ago) it's seems to get better. hope streching washes works :)

Madora
August 12th, 2012, 10:44 AM

The "best" hairstyle is one that does not pull on your strands. Braids in updos are great for protecting your hair. Buns can do the same, provided you don't have to pull your hair tightly in order to get it in the bun.

Use hair friendly hairpins, not bobby pins to secure your updos. Never criss cross (X) bobby pins as that puts too much pressure on your scalp. Bobby pins are meant to hold tiny bits of hair in place and are not meant to anchor anything remotely heavy.

If you are into hairsticks/forks, be sure you vary the spot where you place them.

Above all, avoid ponytails as much as possible. Not hair friendly for many reasons.

PurpleLauren
August 13th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Thanks guys!