PDA

View Full Version : Last night I dreamed I was practicing the Lazy Wrap Bun...

RubySlippers
August 12th, 2012, 04:14 AM
...and this morning I can do it.

:sleep:

Two responses.

1. ... What the heck!? Bizarro.

2. I think I have been spending too much time reading LHC, browsing etsy for forks and sticks and watching YouTube tutorials. My brain is saturated with hair obsessing, down to the subconscious!

cindy58
August 12th, 2012, 04:18 AM
It would make me want to get busy dreaming about other things I would like to master too!

Pretty cool!

RubySlippers
August 12th, 2012, 04:28 AM
As it turns out I can't do it perfectly. Dream Ruby didn't practice hard enough, the ends are coming out. But still.

If I had any way of directing my dreams I would be proficient at braiding by Christmas.

MaryMarx
August 13th, 2012, 01:11 AM
That is so cool. Reminds me of one time I was going to have a maths test (I really suck at math). I had looked really quickly at a pretty long formula but didn't bother to learn it. I dreamt about it and in the morning I knew it by heart. :D

Arakazi
August 13th, 2012, 01:49 AM
Hahaha that is awesome!! Something must have just clicked while you were sleeping.. Congratulations and keep on dreaming up updo's!

FrannyG
August 13th, 2012, 05:22 AM
Isn't that funny? I remember when I was learning how to do a particular braid, my husband told my that I was doing the fingering in my sleep. :D

Ticky
August 13th, 2012, 06:16 AM
That is very useful! My sister occasionally had dreams in which she practiced/repeated something for an upcoming exam, which cut down her studying time. I was always wondering how :D

Silver Swan
August 13th, 2012, 09:43 PM
Hehe, good going.

Last night I dreamed I was getting married to my beloved and the most significant part of the dream was that I had really long hair (perhaps fingertip or midthigh - I am at waist now) and I was super happy about it.

Now I think about it, the weird thing was my hair was almost blond in colour - I've got my natural virgin dark brown and don't think it would handle being bleached.

Five of Five
August 14th, 2012, 12:19 AM
Awesome, congratulations!

Some people believe that we evolved the ability to dream as a way to prepare us for dangerous or challenging situations in the waking world, a little bit like positive visualisation. We don't always remember it specifically, of course, but the effects are the same.

Maybe that's why we often 'sleep on' our problems?

misspurdy06
August 14th, 2012, 12:23 AM
This makes me wanna dream about law school.