PDA

View Full Version : Annoying hairdresser (mini rant)

Kaelee
August 11th, 2012, 08:34 PM
I was at an event today and this hairdresser was trying...the ENTIRE DAY...to convince me to let his salon (they had a booth set up) chalk my hair. :mad: I said no. It will dry out my hair, and I'm VERY CAREFUL about what I put in my hair.

He insisted that it wouldn't. Over and over again. I still said no.

And every. Time. I walked by his booth, he pestered me AGAIN to let him chalk my hair.

:mad::mad::mad:

I'm like, really dude? I don't care if your salon is eco-friendly. I don't care if it looks cool (it really, truly did. If it weren't for the drying effect, I would have done it. I was even tempted to do it "just once" except, he was so obnoxious I didn't want to give him any of my business. :tmi:)

Gah. I didn't get to speak to the girls he had working for him, and I don't know how knowledgeable they all actually were. They could be a great salon for all I know.

But...when someone says no, they don't want your service, for gosh sake, don't keep pestering them!!!! Sheesh. Three or four separate occasions he approached me to try to talk me into letting him chalk my hair.

RubySlippers
August 13th, 2012, 04:10 PM
What's hair chalking?!

(and also, that is a total pain, I hate when that happens!)

joflakes
August 13th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Argh! How annoying. The more someone pesters me like that, the less I want to use them.

Dziip
August 13th, 2012, 04:20 PM
How can you relax when someone like that treats you ?

leslissocool
August 13th, 2012, 04:26 PM
I get REALLY pissed at those people! I REALLY hate it when I say no, and they keep insisting!

They always want to mess with my hair at the mall :justy: I don't go there anymore because of it. One, I made an ACTUAL scene after the 7th time they cornered me. In front of all their costumers, I told them that their oil sucked and that Coconut oil worked way better on my hair and was cheaper at the store. All the girls there just dropped the products and left.

The worse part was they still approached me, even when I wore a hood and had sunglasses. I have a box full of free samples, they gave me like 7 in less than an hour.

So I just don't go there, problem solved.

lmfbs
August 13th, 2012, 04:38 PM
leslissocool - totally get you on the mall people. There are ones here who curl and straighten. They're always saying 'oh, this is great, it doesn't damage your hair, your hair is so beautiful'. Yeah, it's beautiful because I don't damage it, it's MY hair, and NO.

spidermom
August 13th, 2012, 04:42 PM
That does sound like a pain. I must have deadly laser eyes because they never, but NEVER, bother me unless I actually stop at a booth and show interest.

AineMuirne
August 13th, 2012, 05:01 PM
I hate the mall hawkers. They don't usually bother me, because I walk fast and avoid eye contact. But I get a lot of the hair curling people attacking me. Once a hair straightening guy attacked me. I don't think he looked at my hair before asking...

I, too, am wondering what hair chalking is, lol.

EDIT: Hair chalking! http://thebeautydepartment.com/2012/01/chalk-it-up/

Actually does look pretty neat, but I would never do it. I like the natural look and wouldn't want the drying effect!

Shepherdess
August 13th, 2012, 05:05 PM
A hairdresser student at my college once kept complimenting me on my hair and how I got it so long and then was trying to get me to have a perm done. I laughed and said no thanks! :laugh:

But if someone were being that persistent, I am sure I would be very much annoyed. I'm sorry he was bothering you like that. :(

Dziip
August 13th, 2012, 05:13 PM
There is a guy I have to meet every week and who keeps bugging me to cut off my hair :(
But I want more hair !!! (laughs)

Mesmerise
August 13th, 2012, 05:30 PM
I just remember being pestered when we were in the Bahamas... we were trying to chill out on the beach, and soooooo many people kept coming by offering to braid our hair :rolleyes:. Now I'm not saying the braiding wasn't nice, but we were a bunch of poor students lol. I ended up letting one lady give me 4 small braids just to get them to back off! (Besides which, I had quite short hair, maybe just chin length... certainly could NOT braid it all no matter what!!).

Once I had the 4 braids do you think it stopped? Nope, I just had people come by and ask if they could braid more of it :(. I get that they make their income that way, but not everyone there was flush with heaps of cash... and in my hair it would just be silly because it was short!

That's the only time I've really been harassed about my hair, thankfully!! I would be really really annoyed if I kept saying NO to something and the person kept asking me...

xltorresx
August 13th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Grrrrr. I hate it when sales people are pushy, and I hate their fake totally see-through compliments too. No means no, be respectful and accept that.

truepeacenik
August 13th, 2012, 05:41 PM
I work in a spa. We don't do hair at this location, but the estheticians are also cosmetologists and do all those things at another location.
If I let my hair down in front of them, I see the scissor dreams in their eyes. I smile and say, oh, no, never.
(why is my hair down? Because I found that a quick down-fluff-rebun is great on 100 degree days. Usually I get enough privacy, but sometimes I'm leaving and let it stay down.)

akilina
August 13th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Ugh he seriously should have just backed off!

It reminded me of those people in the mall who usually have funny accents who try to use their "special" flat iron on your hair, or some stupid hand cream, or some stupid hair serum that sucks.
And THEY DO NOT BACK OFF!!! Its like NOTHING you can say will make them leave you alone -______-
Of course, when you stop by someones booth you risk them pestering you, but they need to know they point where its time to give up and back off on you and try for someone else who is willing if you are CLEARLY uninterested. Blehhhhh.

LoveAngelBeauty
August 13th, 2012, 06:48 PM
That's the nature of sales. It's a tough job. A lot of people say no at first, you find out why, use a different approach and keep going until they say yes. or if they're adamant, you keep going through other people until you get a yes. When it comes to sales, you can't just stop at the first no or you'd never make any profit.

AineMuirne
August 13th, 2012, 07:34 PM
I just remember being pestered when we were in the Bahamas... we were trying to chill out on the beach, and soooooo many people kept coming by offering to braid our hair :rolleyes:. Now I'm not saying the braiding wasn't nice, but we were a bunch of poor students lol. I ended up letting one lady give me 4 small braids just to get them to back off! (Besides which, I had quite short hair, maybe just chin length... certainly could NOT braid it all no matter what!!).

Once I had the 4 braids do you think it stopped? Nope, I just had people come by and ask if they could braid more of it :(. I get that they make their income that way, but not everyone there was flush with heaps of cash... and in my hair it would just be silly because it was short!

That's the only time I've really been harassed about my hair, thankfully!! I would be really really annoyed if I kept saying NO to something and the person kept asking me...

Oh. My. Goodness. I would flip out. I don't think I could remain calm while being interrupted like that.

Dorothy
August 13th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Clicking on the hair chalking link froze my computer, FYI. I googled it, looks like it's temporarily coloring your hair with wet sidewalk chalk.

Tiny hijack - I went to my doctor today and she totally supported my using coconut oil as deodorant as someone on here recommended, as I have had months of rash in one armpit whenever I put anything else on there. What's the connection? Thousands of LHC people engaging in years of research, trial and error, beat your one hour of training on how to sell chalk, salesperson. Plus I smell better now too without raging infection in that armpit. Wash it twice a day, coconut oil, agony ended, thanks to whatever LHC person recommended, I can't even find the thread with searching to thank them.

Lostsoule77
August 13th, 2012, 09:13 PM
I would hate that! Like Spidermom, I don't get harrassed like that. DH does & always falls for it! Guess how many presents I get from the middle of the mall! LOL I just walk by fast & ignore them or give them the evil look. Guess my evil eye is really evil because it tends to work. ;)

CurlyCap
August 13th, 2012, 09:16 PM
GUH. Mall hawkers. They see my curls and descend like vultures. When it was long, I could see them all turn like trained ballet troop. It got to the point where I had to be preemptorily rude to them all just to be allowed to walk by.

And then there was the hairdresser, who apparently lived in my neighborhood, who had the nerve to walk into my yard, insult my curls, and say that "with [her] help, I could be beautiful." I told her to kindly get off my lawn. She said that "being stubborn never helped a woman be beautiful". I told her I liked my hair as it grew out of my head, and that if she didn't get off my lawn I'd call the cops. She had the nerve to act like I'd insulted her.

Kaelee
August 13th, 2012, 10:16 PM
Wow, I guess I'm not the only one who's had this experience! I rarely get badgered by anyone, except very occasionally mall salespeople (and that's never been about my hair.)

I didn't even STOP at his booth, I just walked by on the way to my car!!! But he wasn't at the booth when he mostly pestered me, he left the booth to come to where I was to pester me twice! Gah!

akilina
August 13th, 2012, 10:35 PM
Wow, I guess I'm not the only one who's had this experience! I rarely get badgered by anyone, except very occasionally mall salespeople (and that's never been about my hair.)

I didn't even STOP at his booth, I just walked by on the way to my car!!! But he wasn't at the booth when he mostly pestered me, he left the booth to come to where I was to pester me twice! Gah!
Ahah thats why I walk and just say "No, no thanks" as I walk by when they try to suck me in and I just keep walkin on! :D
The first few times I felt really bad about it, but now I don't feel as bad. I do feel bad though that they are just doing their job, and rely on their sales.