PDA

View Full Version : Going out hairstyles you wish you had tried sooner

Rose Petal
August 11th, 2012, 06:31 PM
I have been braiding my hair for some time now, but I usually only do it for work, or when I'm at home. Last night I wore a braid out (to a gig) for the first time, and I can't help wishing I had tried it sooner.
I have always avoided doing so because I usually get a frizz/halo effect, which does not look 'done'. This time instead of just going straight over the back of my head with no part, I brushed it sideways, a bit like those side parts Veronica Lake always did, and then plaited the bottom part over my shoulder. I also started the braid lower than I usually do, which I think helped with the halo effect.

Anything you wish you had tried sooner?

blondie9912
August 11th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Unfortunately, all hairstyles that I wear to go out are not hair friendly (curling, teasing, etc). I can't do sock bun curls on my hair because the highlighted parts get way too awkwardly kinked, since their texture is a bit different from virgin hair. I'll be watching this thread, though!

Rose Petal
August 11th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Me too, which is why started it ;)

blondie9912
August 11th, 2012, 09:37 PM
If you have virgin or henna-ed hair (as long as it hasn't been bleached) try out sock bun curls! I think they look beautiful, though they do turn out best on hair that hasn't been bleached. When they fall out they look even better, like awesome Victoria's Secret model hair :D

DancingQueen
September 2nd, 2012, 10:28 AM
*bumping thread up. I wish I tried a dutch braid eralier - it makes me look a bit more edgy, which is rare for me. :)

dawnss
September 2nd, 2012, 10:39 AM
If my hair was longer, I would have tried fish tail braids. Oh, I wanted to mention Rose Petal that if you tie a silk or satin scarf around your hair after braiding it that will eliminate some of the frizz you experience. The scarf should stay on though for at least ten minutes (I usually place a scarf on my head while sleeping to keep frizzy hair at bay).

millyaulait
September 2nd, 2012, 11:07 AM
I did a crown braid, I thought it might look silly, but I got a lot of compliments on it! :o

jacqueline101
September 2nd, 2012, 02:15 PM
I don't know I do any style I'm in the mood for trends don't stop me.

EtherealDoll
September 3rd, 2012, 12:18 PM
I wish I had tried rope braid and cable braid sooner. They look really pretty and it's easier for me to pin a rope braid into a bun than a simple braid, it looks more neat.

Finnenna
September 3rd, 2012, 01:44 PM
Pincurls. I wish I'd known about them sooner - I love love love how my hair looks with them taken out and fluffed up. They do take some dedication, though - overnight and for the day, unless you're wearing them to school. :D