PDA

View Full Version : 2 1/2in in 6 months: Slow growing hair

MeMyselfandI
August 6th, 2008, 05:38 PM
It has been six months since I used chemical tints. My hair has grown 2 1/2 inches since I stopped using the chemicals.

I hope I am in a slow stage or sleep or whatever, because this is discouraging. On the bright side, the roots have been slower to appear last two times I hennaed.

Is there a way to boost hair growth?

Anyone know the link that gives info on hair growth?

My overall hair length is now the same at 26 1/2 inches, since I self trimmed a bit of the ends. I still need to go get an even trim for the longest of the hairs. For some reason I had some hair that had grown more and they looked as if they had been left over from a bad trim.

squiggyflop
August 6th, 2008, 05:44 PM
vitamins? um i used vitamins and went from a little past shoulder to bsl in 2 months.. perhaps vitamins would work for you?
i used natrol skin hair nails
and centrum

i also ate alot more protein during those 2 months because i was too lazy to make side dishes.. (dad will usually cook meat but ive got to cook anything else i want)

Arctic
August 6th, 2008, 05:44 PM
That's not really very little, that growth rate is only slightly less than avarage (1/2" per month). I think it's normal that

a) different hairs grow at different rate
b) that sometimes hair grows faster, and sometimes it takes things more easy :)

Hang in there, don't get encouraged, and pamper those ends so there would be minimal breakage :)
(I'm also a slow grower btw :face:)

spidermom
August 6th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Your growth rate is actually pretty close to normal. You'll get a better idea when you average your growth out over a year or two. Sometimes I grow like this: +0.5, +0.25, 0, 0, +1.25 ... and so forth. Six months may not be long enough for you to know your average growth rate, but it seems good to me so far. Patience.

feralnature
August 6th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Mine seems to be growing very fast. I am on a good diet of fresh raw fruit and veggies and plenty of meat, nuts, and seeds. I also consume one tablespoon of coconut oil by mouth each day. I take a good multivitamin with minerals without fail. I do not eat any flour, sugar, potatoes, corn, rice or oats. I may add oats and brown rice back in in the winter.

Anyway, to get good growth and shine, you need to treat yourself like a show animal. A show horse or dog or whatever is fed the best food possible and supplimented with vitamins and groomed. It is glowing in health and it's coat is shiney. Same will work for humans.

anna1850
August 6th, 2008, 06:13 PM
I'd say that's a pretty normal growth rate. I know sometimes I feel like my hair is taking forever to grow but I think hair just does take quite a while. I get 0.5" a month which is perfectly average and it seems slow but 6" a year is still quite a lot.

If you want to speed it up you could try biotin pills (although I take them and I haven't seen much of a difference) or if you're feeling particularly adventurous take a look at the Monistat thread. (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=156)

FrannyG
August 6th, 2008, 06:34 PM
Your growth rate sounds really quite normal to me. An average would be 1/2 inch per month, so you're very close. Also, don't forget that you may experience a growth spurt at some time soon. While many people find that they experience more growth in the summer than at other times of the year, I find that I have spurts randomly.

Wait until a year has passed. Then you'll be amazed at your growth!

Just hang in there. :flowers:

spidermom
August 6th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Mine seems to be growing very fast. I am on a good diet of fresh raw fruit and veggies and plenty of meat, nuts, and seeds. I also consume one tablespoon of coconut oil by mouth each day. I take a good multivitamin with minerals without fail. I do not eat any flour, sugar, potatoes, corn, rice or oats. I may add oats and brown rice back in in the winter.

Anyway, to get good growth and shine, you need to treat yourself like a show animal. A show horse or dog or whatever is fed the best food possible and supplimented with vitamins and groomed. It is glowing in health and it's coat is shiney. Same will work for humans.

Why take 1 tablespoon of coconut oil by mouth per day? Isn't it just fat? And saturated fat at that.