PDA

View Full Version : Should I highlight?

kitcatsmeow
August 11th, 2012, 01:30 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s720x720/423394_10150539604670811_1637646425_n.jpg

Bleached out.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8442/7760670944_431bbac681_z.jpg

Grown out.

I was thinking about putting just a few highlights in the front. What do you think?

I gave up bleaching but always said I'd add a few highlights if I couldn't take it.

Rocket22
August 11th, 2012, 01:49 PM
I have to say I really like the blond. I personally think if your hair can take it yes!!!! I love dark hair but for some reason looks terrible on me, and I have tried. I do think you pull off the darker hair but the blond just has more pop... (to me) just my opinion of course. :) good luck and if you do highlight, I would completely recommend using the coconut oil first. I have had wonderful success with it and my hair is super duper fine and broke off horribly one highlight but last time with the coconut oil had much better results. (pics. in album)

akilina
August 11th, 2012, 01:51 PM
I definitely like your natural color on you the best. Some highlights in there might be kinda cute, especially if you are needing a change.
:)
Thats funny your location says Nevada. I lived there the last 3 years near Reno :]

kitcatsmeow
August 11th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Thanks girl! I love blonde hair too. I'm an addict. Bleach is like my crack! hahaha. I used to bleach and highlight my own hair and never had any problems. I did the coconut oil pre treat as well and it def helps! The dark blonde is ok it's just too dang dark. So I'm thinking some highlights will give me the blonde I crave but still let the bleach damage grow out.

How are ya Rocket??

kitcatsmeow
August 11th, 2012, 01:54 PM
I definitely like your natural color on you the best. Some highlights in there might be kinda cute, especially if you are needing a change.
:)
Thats funny your location says Nevada. I lived there the last 3 years near Reno :]

Thank you! And I lived in Vegas. Might still go back to see some friends. I miss the west coast!

akilina
August 11th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Thank you! And I lived in Vegas. Might still go back to see some friends. I miss the west coast!
Awwh. Im back in California again.
If you are worried about the bleach damage, you could go get yourself a tube of permanent color in a very light platinum shade that you like and some 20 vol. :]

kitcatsmeow
August 11th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Awwh. Im back in California again.
If you are worried about the bleach damage, you could go get yourself a tube of permanent color in a very light platinum shade that you like and some 20 vol. :]

My sister used to live in Rancho!

Not too concerned about the damage as long as it's just a couple highlights and not a full head. That's what really causes some breakage.

ladylowtide
August 11th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Honestly I think your natural color is much better. (And I love blonde hair) I just think you look like a regular person with the blonde, whereas you your unique beauty shows with the darker hair. You look like a model with your natural hair. Does that make sense?
Just my opinion.

kitcatsmeow
August 11th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Honestly I think your natural color is much better. (And I love blonde hair) I just think you look like a regular person with the blonde, whereas you your unique beauty shows with the darker hair. You look like a model with your natural hair. Does that make sense?
Just my opinion.

Thanks and yes it does! That's why I'm only highlighting. I'm hoping to keep it natural and subtle but just lighten up a little. Thanks for your opinion!!

Lostsoule77
August 11th, 2012, 03:08 PM
I like the darker hair on you. If you feel like you want some highlights in there to break it up a bit then go ahead and do so. Just do the coconut oil before & baby your hair after. I'm sure highlights will look good too, as long as they're done right. :)

palaeoqueen
August 11th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Just my opinion.

I completely agree with this but if a few subtle highlights are what you fancy then why ever not? You can always grow them out again with fairly minimal pain if you change your mind.

lapushka
August 11th, 2012, 04:57 PM
IMO, you look much better with your natural color, it's much softer next to your face.

BrightEyes
August 11th, 2012, 05:00 PM
I think you look beautiful either way. But I do like your hair blonde, it gives a wow factor. But I am partial to blonde:D

rach
August 11th, 2012, 05:03 PM
i like the dark hair on you - brings out your eye colour more.

pocketfulla
August 11th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Much prefer your natural colour, but highlights would look great! You're beautiful! Seriously model material.

blondie9912
August 11th, 2012, 07:00 PM
I much prefer your natural colour. It's still blonde, but much more flattering and softer. I definitely think you should grow your hair out! I was constantly highlighting my hair before as well, and it doesn't seem to damage your hair at first, but bleached hair is so susceptible to mechanical damage, it really keeps it from growing long.

justgreen
August 11th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Hey I'm one for usually voting for the bleach. It's really up to you and your personal likes. Me? I like to be blonde. I was given my paternal grandmother's auburn dark hair with my mother's olive complection. Both my parents are blonde. I highlight roots from the ears up every 4-6 weeks. My hairdresser brushes conditioner on the length before she brushes the bleach on my roots.

Sarahlabyrinth
August 11th, 2012, 08:38 PM
I like the natural colour on you better than the first photo. It really suits your skin colour.

lmfbs
August 11th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Personally, I prefer your natural colour and think highlights would look silly. However, your hair, so you have to do what you want!

spookyghost
August 12th, 2012, 03:51 AM
Since you want opinions I think your natural color looks the best and the highlights would just interfere with how natural and pretty you look in your natural color. I know everyones hair is different and maybe your hair is stronger than mine but my highlights have damaged my hair enough that I wont get them again-ever. Im just saying because I wish I would have never got mine.

kitcatsmeow
August 12th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Thank you everyone for the opinions! It really helped. I think I'm gonna leave it alone for now and maybe just add some low lights to my already bleached hair and leave the natural virgin hair alone. :)

jojo
August 12th, 2012, 04:14 PM
I like the brown haired picture best dunno you look kinda like Angelina in that photo, it shows your lovely bone structure off too. The blonde is pretty too but not as striking IMHO as the darker haired photo.

Bianca
August 12th, 2012, 05:14 PM
I think your natural color suit you better. But I understand the urge for some highlights. It wont do too much damage, and if you did it kinda ombre, face framing, it would look natural :)

mzBANGBANG
August 12th, 2012, 07:27 PM
I vote chunky highlights, I love your natural color so much and I think some thicker highlights would accentuate your lovely features!

kitcatsmeow
August 12th, 2012, 08:26 PM
I vote chunky highlights, I love your natural color so much and I think some thicker highlights would accentuate your lovely features!

Thanks girl! How ya been?

Artisticat
August 12th, 2012, 10:36 PM
I like the darker...more mysterious. You look like a young Liv Ullmann to me with your natural hair.

Come to think of it - natural hair is a bit more "rebellious" these days - don't you think?

Best of luck on whatever you decide!

Yozhik
August 12th, 2012, 11:28 PM
You are so pretty! I was struck by how much more striking you look with your natural hair color.

Just my personal opinion, though. :)

jellycatty
August 12th, 2012, 11:33 PM
I think it will look pretty :3

Alexblue
August 13th, 2012, 08:28 AM
I'm a big fan of blonde, and last year had ombre dark blonde ends paired with my dark brunette hair. However, I will chime in and say your natural hair colour looks wonderful with your skin and especially your eyes. I wouldn't change it :-)