PDA

View Full Version : You know you're a short or medium hair when?

dawnss
August 11th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Just as support for all of our shorties and medium length members, and a spinoff. At one point did you know that you're hair is/was super short, short, or medium length?

Madora
August 11th, 2012, 11:44 AM
You long to do the styles you USED to be able to do when you had long hair! Been there and couldn't wait to get past it.

domisimone
August 11th, 2012, 11:45 AM
I thought it was kinda long, until I joined LHC!

neko_kawaii
August 11th, 2012, 11:46 AM
You know you are a short hair when your stubble sticks to your pillowcase and everyone wants to pet your head. Fond memories!

Schefflera
August 11th, 2012, 01:37 PM
I thought it was kinda long, until I joined LHC!

*chuckles* Despite all LHC efforts, I still think of anything past shoulder-length (or sometimes anything you can ponytail!) as long hair. And mine's pushing classic.

domisimone
August 11th, 2012, 01:40 PM
*chuckles* Despite all LHC efforts, I still think of anything past shoulder-length (or sometimes anything you can ponytail!) as long hair. And mine's pushing classic.

I'll call myself a longhair when I reach BSL, hopefully within the year. I think other people have long hair, just not me. I don't know why. :confused:

Van D.
August 11th, 2012, 01:46 PM
When I created my account here and measured my length after my big chop...and also my excitement over my hair "stub" turning into a sprouting pony tail. I needed to cut off all of that damage, but my oh my I have a long way to go to get my hair back!

giovanna93
August 11th, 2012, 02:04 PM
when you stare at your hair in the mirror for ten minutes as though doing that is going to make it grow, or is that just me lol :p

PrettyFit
August 11th, 2012, 02:15 PM
When no one ever stops you in public to ask if you are part of the Long Hair Community! Hahaha!

Tisiloves
August 11th, 2012, 02:20 PM
When you spend ages trying to work out how to get buns meant for a foot more hair to work for you.

Ginger Kitteh
August 11th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Well, this isn't a funny answer, but every shortie or midi knows that feeling when you try to pony your hair and the hair in the back starts falling slowly back to your neck until it looks like a half-up 'do!

SerinaDaith
August 11th, 2012, 03:28 PM
I'll call myself a longhair when I reach BSL, hopefully within the year. I think other people have long hair, just not me. I don't know why. :confused:

I have had a max length just past BSL, I never thought of it as being long now that I have had 1/4 inch hair that seems fairly long but not as long as I would like, problem being that my mom's terminal length for the last three years is right around MBL granted my hair is thicker and I have never been a heat styling fan and she hasn't even done a trim in three years. My brain is seriously having trouble contemplating the lengths I truly desire, the oh my gosh your hair is how long hair!?! Iam currently in a stall (probably stress related) just teasing the shoulder line. Oh how I wish for hair long enough to put up and forget about for the next three to five years!

spirals
August 11th, 2012, 03:42 PM
--you badly want to heat-style every day because it just won't behave.
--you can find a viable hairstyle in a hair magazine.
--you only need 1 box of dye.
--your hair doesn't stick out of the towel.
--you don't have to put your hair up to do stuff.
--you don't get winter scarf dreadlocs.
--chunky layers look good.

Miss Catrina
August 11th, 2012, 05:46 PM
- You buy hair toys even though you know you can't use them/they won't work.
- Your hair is dry twenty minutes after a shower
- It feels like an absolute miracle every time you figure out something you can actually do with your hair

mzBANGBANG
August 11th, 2012, 08:57 PM
-- You run your fingers through your length and think, that's it?!
-- You take over-the-head mirror pictures because they add some extra length *guilty*
-- You buy cheap extensions to clip in your hair and they don't look right because... your hair is too short. lol

Littlewing13
August 11th, 2012, 09:02 PM
When no matter what you do, it just keeps kinking in all of the wrong places, but you know that you either have to cut it short again, or put up with it till it grows out. So you persist.

Diamond.Eyes
August 11th, 2012, 09:11 PM
When the weight of your hair doesn't hold down your natural wave pattern haha. My hair used to be quite wavy when it was short. :p

freznow
August 11th, 2012, 09:49 PM
When you feel the urge to trim because it never looks *quite* right at its new length.

When you'd like to oil your ends but you'd end up getting too much on your scalp.

blondie9912
August 11th, 2012, 10:22 PM
When no one ever stops you in public to ask if you are part of the Long Hair Community! Hahaha!

Lol, good one!

tambalina
August 11th, 2012, 10:33 PM
When all you want to do is put up a ponytail and need to use an entire box of bobby pins at the nape of your neck . . . I don't miss those days at all.

CurlyCap
August 11th, 2012, 11:03 PM
When your entire hair routine takes 5 minutes.

When your most complicated hair toy and style is a clip.

When you know you have hair ends, but there is no way you can see any of them. :p

jojo
August 12th, 2012, 01:55 AM
When all you want to do is put up a ponytail and need to use an entire box of bobby pins at the nape of your neck . . . I don't miss those days at all.

2005 I remember this feeling well, when my goal was to get all my hair into a pony without clips, then medium when I wanted to get all my hair into a bun without it escaping, then long when I can do a bun without any clips ( my stage at present!) and extra long when I can sit on it.....working on the latter!:)

mzBANGBANG
August 12th, 2012, 08:48 AM
-- You run your fingers through your length and think, that's it?!
-- You take over-the-head mirror pictures because they add some extra length *guilty*
-- You buy cheap extensions to clip in your hair and they don't look right because... your hair is too short. lol

eta: uh, mods, how did I double post the same thing on two different days? Lol, sorry y'all.

cldunzie0215
August 12th, 2012, 09:06 AM
all your friends ask you to do beautiful hairstyles(you're obsessed with hair so you're always finding how to do new styles no one else at school can do such as 5, 4, 7, katniss braid, double dutch, etc braids) and your hair isn't long enough to do them on yourself ):

and that i don't have enough hair for a double waterfall braid! )': but that's just because my hair's thin.

XcaliburGirl
August 12th, 2012, 10:09 AM
You use the same amount of shampoo as you do conditioner.
You walk around with a ridiculous amount of hair hanging out of your ponytail or updo, but you don't care because you FINALLY got it to stay up (mostly).
You make weird faces and crane your neck around trying to check for split ends in the back.

jojo
August 12th, 2012, 11:56 AM
When it curls in your ears and not your backside!!!!

jacqueline101
August 12th, 2012, 01:22 PM
When you long for your hair to be longer. When you go to the store non lhc people tell you your hair is long.

spirals
August 12th, 2012, 09:41 PM
non lhc people tell you your hair is long.True story. The other day my friend told me my falling-at-BSL was long. I consider it medium until it hits hip when curly.

elea
August 12th, 2012, 09:56 PM
none: when all you need for it is a sponge
super short: when people cannot stop rubbing your head with their hand
short: when you wake-up with most of it sticking up on one side
medium: when you eat it on a windy day
long: when untangling it takes longer than doing it up
very long: when you accidently walk around with it cought inside your skirt
super long: when it can be next door

lundmir
August 13th, 2012, 12:24 AM
When you can't curl it with a bun, you just get a weird kink!

You can't do your(my) favorite rope braid because it won't stay twisted.

When you try vintage hairdos and they take very little effort and look great! This is the only good one so far for me.

dawnss
August 29th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Really wish I would have replied sooner but I have been busy, these are great.
I know that I have short hair because I have so few styling options, when my hair is longer I will have way more hairstyles (buns lol) that I can do!!! So excited for my hair journey to continue.

rtree721
August 29th, 2012, 10:18 AM
When everyone tells you just how *cute* your hair is. That got old fast....

millyaulait
August 29th, 2012, 10:29 AM
When people tell you that your hair is getting long but you literally have to bicker with them because your hair is not long!!! :lol:

dawnss
August 29th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Same here, mine is only SL and I do not think it is long. Yes it is getting longer, but it is not long.

spirals
August 29th, 2012, 10:37 AM
super long: when it can be next doorOh my goodness, this made me :laugh: :rolling:

Shouldalistened
August 29th, 2012, 10:40 AM
--you badly want to heat-style every day because it just won't behave.
--you can find a viable hairstyle in a hair magazine.
--you only need 1 box of dye.
--you don't have to put your hair up to do stuff.
--you don't get winter scarf dreadlocs.
--chunky layers look good.

Hahahahaha, your hair doesn't stick out of the towel. This happened to me after a six inch trim recently!!

Vampyria
August 29th, 2012, 10:57 AM
- your conditioner lasts for a year
- you try to do a braid and it just falls apart
- BSL seems years apart
- almost every metalhead guy has longer hair that you do
- you can't do heat-free curling methods that require just one or two braids or buns

dawnss
August 29th, 2012, 11:01 AM
- your conditioner lasts for a year
- you try to do a braid and it just falls apart
- BSL seems years apart
- almost every metalhead guy has longer hair that you do
- you can't do heat-free curling methods that require just one or two braids or buns

Yeah BSL seems like it will never come, and my braids do fall apart sometimes.

browneyedsusan
August 29th, 2012, 11:04 AM
*You can only see your hair in the mirror.
*All of your friends want to touch it.
*None of your friends has your haircut because they are afraid to go "that short"!
*You can't remember what a tangle is.
*Never need a pony tail.
*You style it in 30 seconds: wet it down, comb it, you're done!
*It never gets in your eyes.
*You color it every 4 weeks with no damage.
*You can grow a brand new head of hair in 3 months.
*You feel edgy and super-feminine--like Jamie Lee Curtis or Halle Berry.

I loved my pixie! :D

ClodaghO
August 29th, 2012, 11:09 AM
when you stare at your hair in the mirror for ten minutes as though doing that is going to make it grow, or is that just me lol :p

Nope, me too!:)

Artisticat
August 29th, 2012, 11:26 AM
When everyone tells you just how *cute* your hair is. That got old fast....

I agree! I hate that one comment! Ugh - had someone say that to me after my last chop this past January. Not something you want to hear on (ahem) a mature lady. :D

dawnss
August 29th, 2012, 02:14 PM
The replies are funny, please keep them coming!!

Merope
August 29th, 2012, 07:47 PM
When your hair still shrinks up to your chin if not stretched out by braids, twists, or blow drying. *sigh*

Redhead Rebel
August 29th, 2012, 08:51 PM
almost every metalhead guy has longer hair that you do

You run your fingers through your length and think, that's it?!

Every guy I know outside of work has longer hair than me :(

dawnss
August 29th, 2012, 08:59 PM
When your hair still shrinks up to your chin if not stretched out by braids, twists, or blow drying. *sigh*

At least yours is that long, it my hair gets past my ears then I am good! Lol. I seriously hate shrinkage.

vanillabones
August 29th, 2012, 09:06 PM
When you wear a collared shirt and your hair down or in a ponytail slowly finds its way to creep down your neck and down your back to hide :P

MaryO
August 29th, 2012, 11:40 PM
When you puuuuullll your hair to get it hooked over your ear and it just doesn't happen! :cry:

akilina
August 30th, 2012, 12:23 AM
I hate how I stress every day over the fact that my hair is not long enough, has never been long enough, and I wonder if it WILL ever even get to BSL!

I saw a few posts saying that they won't feel their hair is "long" until it is at least to BSL. I feel exactly the same.
It is funny that the "normal" world thinks APL hair is *sooo loooong.*

dawnss
August 30th, 2012, 12:43 AM
I hate how I stress every day over the fact that my hair is not long enough, has never been long enough, and I wonder if it WILL ever even get to BSL!

I saw a few posts saying that they won't feel their hair is "long" until it is at least to BSL. I feel exactly the same.

Yeah I know what you mean. I've only had my hair close to APL a few times in my life and when my hair reaches BSL then I will be overjoyed!

Luminaria
August 30th, 2012, 01:20 AM
When you have the tiniest bun. Or when you can barely make a ponytail.

millyaulait
August 30th, 2012, 05:52 AM

Exactly! I'm APL & people keep telling me my hair is so long & that I should cut it (which is just another issue all together!), but I feel like BSL is just the start of long hair on me.

I keep thinking that once I reach BSL I can start being happy with my hair & officially join the long hair club and just let it groooooow happily.

Fethenwen
August 30th, 2012, 06:06 AM
When it takes half an hour to style your hair. And it still looks BORING :p

God, I'm so glad I'm not at that length anymore.

Also, when some guys suddenly are not as flirty with you anymore as they used too.

Edit: actually this thread doesn't seem that supportive to short hair members at all o_O

Simone_Fatale
August 30th, 2012, 06:09 AM
You know you're a short hair GUY when your manhood is longer than your hair :D

RubyTuesday
August 30th, 2012, 06:43 AM
When you catch sight of yourself in a mirror or shop window and think there is a twelve year old boy staring back at you.

When you spend hours looking at hair products and accessories online fantasising about what you will buy/use when you have long hair again.

Mischamiu
August 30th, 2012, 06:53 AM
Whan you tell people you are growing your hair and they look at you with a weird face because it is short

dawnss
August 30th, 2012, 09:42 AM
You know you're a short hair GUY when your manhood is longer than your hair :D

Wow, you win the award for the most unexpected reply! That's classic, granted I am a woman so I do not have that problem.

dawnss
August 30th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Whan you tell people you are growing your hair and they look at you with a weird face because it is short

Yeah, that's why no one knows how long I want to grow out my hair. They'd look at me crazy if I told them that I want to grow my type four out to classic length, so sad but true. You'd think people would support you in an action that will not hurt anyone lol. It's not like you told that you are going to eat new born babies.

dawnss
August 30th, 2012, 09:45 AM
When you catch sight of yourself in a mirror or shop window and think there is a twelve year old boy staring back at you.

When you spend hours looking at hair products and accessories online fantasising about what you will buy/use when you have long hair again.

Yeah I am guilty of the second one the most. When I look in the mirror that's what I think sometimes!

dawnss
August 30th, 2012, 09:51 AM
When it takes half an hour to style your hair. And it still looks BORING :p

God, I'm so glad I'm not at that length anymore.

Also, when some guys suddenly are not as flirty with you anymore as they used too.

Edit: actually this thread doesn't seem that supportive to short hair members at all o_O

Sorry if this thread doesn't seem that supportive to short hair members, I never really had any intentions of this thread being anything other than a collection of things that short haired people think. Would it be best if I made this into a more supportive thread? It doesn't bother me, but I do think frankness is something that can be supportive if someone values honesty.

Now do some of the replies make me think that for many people short hair is seen as less feminine, and somewhat worthy of berating, yes. Is that troubling, well yes it is. So I have no problem changing this into a more supportive thread, but I really think that all of the venting on here is somewhat nice and many of us on here have some of those same experiences/feelings.

Can't we say some of the things about the Long Hair threads because members on their vent about having long hair as well?

You do make a valid point, so if someone finds this thread as non-supportive then type away so we can change the direction of the thread!

ALorraine
August 30th, 2012, 11:22 AM
When the side layers give a slight flip under your ears and neck.

CurlyCurves
August 30th, 2012, 11:27 AM
When you purposely go into your local hair shop to try on wigs and flick them about, pretending it's your hair, while they stare at you suspiciously :D

dawnss
August 30th, 2012, 11:31 AM
When you purposely go into your local hair shop to try on wigs and flick them about, pretending it's your hair, while they stare at you suspiciously :D

Hey I've never done that, but I used to put a towel over my head and pretend that I had long hair.

browneyedsusan
August 30th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Sorry if this thread doesn't seem that supportive to short hair members, I never really had any intentions of this thread being anything other than a collection of things that short haired people think. Would it be best if I made this into a more supportive thread? It doesn't bother me, but I do think frankness is something that can be supportive if someone values honesty.

Now do some of the replies make me think that for many people short hair is seen as less feminine, and somewhat worthy of berating, yes. Is that troubling, well yes it is. So I have no problem changing this into a more supportive thread, but I really think that all of the venting on here is somewhat nice and many of us on here have some of those same experiences/feelings.

Can't we say some of the things about the Long Hair threads because members on their vent about having long hair as well?

You do make a valid point, so if someone finds this thread as non-supportive then type away so we can change the direction of the thread!

IMHO: I don't feel "bashed". Hair does not define the person. Is a chemo patient ugly because they have no hair? What about someone with a blue foot-long mohawk? Waist length dreads? We all make the best of what we've got, don't we? :rockerdud (No comments about my mullet, please. It will pass...:D)

--If posts are intended to bash short hairs: nana nana boo boo! I can't hear you! :lala:

dawnss
August 30th, 2012, 11:44 AM
IMHO: I don't feel "bashed". Hair does not define the person. Is a chemo patient ugly because they have no hair? What about someone with a blue foot-long mohawk? Waist length dreads? We all make the best of what we've got, don't we? :rockerdud (No comments about my mullet, please. It will pass...:D)

--If posts are intended to bash short hairs: nana nana boo boo! I can't hear you! :lala:

Thanks! I can see why the poster I responded to thought the thread was not supportive, especially because many people think that long hair is feminine (which is really sad I think, but it is reality). Overall though, I really like this thread, yes some people like having short hair but for people on a forum about Long Hair it can be pretty annoying when we have short hair.

Nellon
August 30th, 2012, 12:05 PM
you know your hair is short when you keep buying bobby pins and never finding them when you need them ever! *true story* ;)

Altariel
August 30th, 2012, 01:12 PM
when your BF has way longer hair than you.

akilina
August 30th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Hey I've never done that, but I used to put a towel over my head and pretend that I had long hair.
LOL me too!! I still do it. Whats funny is that I still use the same towel I used...10 years ago to pretend my hair was long. Its a medium brown colored hair towel. Its just not the same as real hair though :) This just gave me the idea to put my black towel over my head and pretend.

akilina
August 30th, 2012, 01:29 PM
And as for the "non supportive" issue...
Even though it is not what OP intended...it feels like you are supported in a way when you have a change to rant out about our not long enough hair and share the little things that bother us all and discuss them. To me, the fact that my hair is not "long" yet is very very frustrating to me. I feel plenty supported reading replies that others feel the same way and have the same issues of being worried their hair will NEVER be past bsl.
I found it very funny to read about playing with wigs and having people look at you like O_O or pretend that a towel is your hair.

dawnss
August 30th, 2012, 03:35 PM
And as for the "non supportive" issue...
Even though it is not what OP intended...it feels like you are supported in a way when you have a change to rant out about our not long enough hair and share the little things that bother us all and discuss them. To me, the fact that my hair is not "long" yet is very very frustrating to me. I feel plenty supported reading replies that others feel the same way and have the same issues of being worried their hair will NEVER be past bsl.
I found it very funny to read about playing with wigs and having people look at you like O_O or pretend that a towel is your hair.

Thanks I just wanted this thread to be a place where we could all just joke, vent, and share some honesty! I really think that we are supporting each other in our humor, were being honest enough with ourselves to recognize that were not at our ideal length. For that very reason, we are supporting each other. Besides, laughing really does wonders for people. I hope that we have all at least laughed a whole lot while reading this thread (:

dawnss
August 30th, 2012, 03:37 PM
LOL me too!! I still do it. Whats funny is that I still use the same towel I used...10 years ago to pretend my hair was long. Its a medium brown colored hair towel. Its just not the same as real hair though :) This just gave me the idea to put my black towel over my head and pretend.

Oh wow, that poor towel probably wants you to stop playing make believe with it and for your hair to grow to BSL! Trust me your towel will be very happy when you retire it and it is solely used for it's proper duties: drying you off after a long hot/warm soak in a bath, in which you washed and conditioned your BSL hair!

I guess we all just have to be patient, which is really annoying.

dawnss
August 30th, 2012, 03:42 PM
you know your hair is short when you keep buying bobby pins and never finding them when you need them ever! *true story* ;)

That's why I have to keep them in my drawer lol, if not I am liable to lose all 150+ (I use the really big one's from Sally's for my rollersets).

dawnss
August 30th, 2012, 03:44 PM
when your BF has way longer hair than you.

I try to remind myself health over length (granted I do not have a significant other, but I can see why something like this would suck).

BrightEyes
August 30th, 2012, 03:56 PM
When getting your hair into an itty-bitty stub of a pony tail is a huge achievement.

dawnss
August 30th, 2012, 04:35 PM
When getting your hair into an itty-bitty stub of a pony tail is a huge achievement.

Don't even mention how we've all felt when we get it into a bun. Only to sigh in defeat because we can't do all of the really awesome intricate styles. But yeah, it is a huge sense of accomplishment.

Sarahlabyrinth
August 30th, 2012, 07:19 PM
When you really want to be able to do a self-trim but no hope of that because you can't even see your ends, let alone bring them around to the front to trim...

HairFaerie
August 30th, 2012, 07:30 PM
You know you have short hair when you see someone else with short hair and you can't wait until yours gets that long!

I see people with certain short styles and it seems long even though it's short. I think it's because theirs is all one length or minimum layers. I am growing from pixie and there is a million layers in it. I am trying to get it mostly all one length now before i start growing to shoulder. It's going to be a long journey! :(

dawnss
August 30th, 2012, 08:19 PM
You know you have short hair when you see someone else with short hair and you can't wait until yours gets that long!

I see people with certain short styles and it seems long even though it's short. I think it's because theirs is all one length or minimum layers. I am growing from pixie and there is a million layers in it. I am trying to get it mostly all one length now before i start growing to shoulder. It's going to be a long journey! :(

We know how you feel.

TheMechaGinger
August 30th, 2012, 09:07 PM
When you save hairstyle tutorials on youtube because you'll be able to do them someday. I can't tell you how many of Torrin's updo's I have bookmarked so I can do them like a year from now haha

dawnss
August 30th, 2012, 09:21 PM
When you save hairstyle tutorials on youtube because you'll be able to do them someday. I can't tell you how many of Torrin's updo's I have bookmarked so I can do them like a year from now haha

Oh I thought I was the only one who did that!!!!

SerinaDaith
August 30th, 2012, 09:27 PM
I have a hair toy drawer for future use. I also have had to stop youtube watching because I keep loosing all track of time drooling over torrin's hair knowing that even if I can get my hair that long it will not be as thick or straight especially if I did occasionally blowfry it. Heat and my hair are diametrically opposed.

knhess
August 30th, 2012, 10:12 PM
I kept a hair toy drawer for future use too! I don't miss those days...

Mountaingrrl
August 31st, 2012, 01:07 AM
- When you can cook without getting hair in the food.
- When you needn't give any thought to what to do with your hair when you sleep.
- When you don't need to do anything with your hair to exercise.
- When no-one tells you your hair is an "unprofessional" length.
- When your hair doesn't get caught on buttons, zippers or the car window.

- When your hair is growing out but not yet down.
- When you wear a supertight bra to take a length picture because it looks like less distance to BSL.
- When your hair is long enough to get in your eyes but it's too short to easily keep it back.
- When you lack a layer of head insulation in winter.
- When you check LHC constantly for growing tips.

RubyTuesday
August 31st, 2012, 01:57 AM
Mountaingrrl you said it!

PixieKitten
August 31st, 2012, 03:16 AM
*When you do an extended happy dance all around the house because your bangs finally go behind your ears and stay there.

*When you judge how much longer your hair is by swooshing your head from side to side in the bath and trying to see the ends of your hair. (I used to do this when I had long hair as a kid, so starting to see the ends again feels AWESOME xD)

*When morning hair is an issue.
(When mine's at APL and longer I can just get out of bed, throw clothes on and leave without looking at my hair most days.. Short hair... Noooot so much x])

*When you have a folder in your bookmarks full of youtube tutorials, AND a folder/notebook with intructions and photos for when you leave for a few days or the computer breaks down... Or at least you plan to have one once your dad fixes your printer -_-
(ALWAYS be prepared, my friends!)

*When you stay up until 1 in the morning making parandi so your hair can feel longer!

*When your crown braid looks like a hedgehog. -_- I don't care! I managed the damn thing and spiky or not I AM KEEPING IT IN.

I just won't leave the house. It's fine. =D

Clem_Dela
August 31st, 2012, 07:55 AM
When you judge how much longer your hair is by swooshing your head from side to side in the bath and trying to see the ends of your hair. (I used to do this when I had long hair as a kid, so starting to see the ends again feels AWESOME xD)

THIS! I did this so much as a kid pretending to be Ariel. :P

When I was very young, my mom cut my hair so i looked like a mushroom...

dawnss
August 31st, 2012, 09:07 PM
Mountaingrrl you said it!

Yes Moutaingurl did!

dawnss
August 31st, 2012, 09:10 PM
*When you do an extended happy dance all around the house because your bangs finally go behind your ears and stay there.

*When you judge how much longer your hair is by swooshing your head from side to side in the bath and trying to see the ends of your hair. (I used to do this when I had long hair as a kid, so starting to see the ends again feels AWESOME xD)

*When morning hair is an issue.
(When mine's at APL and longer I can just get out of bed, throw clothes on and leave without looking at my hair most days.. Short hair... Noooot so much x])

*When you have a folder in your bookmarks full of youtube tutorials, AND a folder/notebook with intructions and photos for when you leave for a few days or the computer breaks down... Or at least you plan to have one once your dad fixes your printer -_-
(ALWAYS be prepared, my friends!)

*When you stay up until 1 in the morning making parandi so your hair can feel longer!

*When your crown braid looks like a hedgehog. -_- I don't care! I managed the damn thing and spiky or not I AM KEEPING IT IN.

I just won't leave the house. It's fine. =D

No leave the house, your hair looks great in your avatar pic!

Ok I have to say that you are the first person to post that you keep back ups of your hairstyles, which is a really cool thing. The only thing that goes in, my binders, besides my school work, are crochet and knitting patterns lol. I have yet to designate a binder for hairstyles (so I guess you win the award for the most prepared lhc member lol). Now remember to laminate (do people still even know what that is still lol) those pages, just in case you live in a rainy place and they happen to get wet lol jk.

dawnss
August 31st, 2012, 09:14 PM
I have a hair toy drawer for future use. I also have had to stop youtube watching because I keep loosing all track of time drooling over torrin's hair knowing that even if I can get my hair that long it will not be as thick or straight especially if I did occasionally blowfry it. Heat and my hair are diametrically opposed.

Yes we all watch her beautiful red hair and think to ourselves, "when I can do that...!".
Maybe you can try rollersets instead of heat styling it, wait is your straight it looked like your a type 1 in your avatar pic? If you are, then please disregard my comment, unless you use super big rollers you will have really nice waves not straight hair. I would suggest that you wrap your hair if you want it smooth.

SerinaDaith
August 31st, 2012, 09:27 PM
Yes we all watch her beautiful red hair and think to ourselves, "when I can do that...!".
Maybe you can try rollersets instead of heat styling it, wait is your straight it looked like your a type 1 in your avatar pic? If you are, then please disregard my comment, unless you use super big rollers you will have really nice waves not straight hair. I would suggest that you wrap your hair if you want it smooth.

I had damp hair styled for that picture, my hair is naturally curly/wavy. I don't actually want it smooth now that I have (thanks to lhc) found my natural texture is not white girl afro poof. If I style gently while damp and lightly oiled I can get pretty sleek though without heat or too much fuss. I really am 2c 3a when I leave it to it's own devices. If you look at my nape where the hair is still too short to be caught up it is curling.

dawnss
August 31st, 2012, 09:48 PM
I had damp hair styled for that picture, my hair is naturally curly/wavy. I don't actually want it smooth now that I have (thanks to lhc) found my natural texture is not white girl afro poof. If I style gently while damp and lightly oiled I can get pretty sleek though without heat or too much fuss. I really am 2c 3a when I leave it to it's own devices. If you look at my nape where the hair is still too short to be caught up it is curling.

Wow, that is awesome!! I have to beat my hair into submission to make it look somewhat smooth. My afro makes it way too voluminous.

SerinaDaith
August 31st, 2012, 09:58 PM
Wow, that is awesome!! I have to beat my hair into submission to make it look somewhat smooth. My afro makes it way too voluminous.

I am learning to love what I have since I don't want to damage my very breakable hair trying to make it be something it isn't that and we have three kids, I have to be wash and go as much as possible. I cannot wait to get to benign neglect length which for me if this stupid stall would end would be just another two inches or so so with luck I will be there by the end of the year.

dawnss
August 31st, 2012, 10:54 PM
I am learning to love what I have since I don't want to damage my very breakable hair trying to make it be something it isn't that and we have three kids, I have to be wash and go as much as possible. I cannot wait to get to benign neglect length which for me if this stupid stall would end would be just another two inches or so so with luck I will be there by the end of the year.

Understandable, with children I'd imagine that a lot of your time is eaten up especially if they are young.

dawnss
September 1st, 2012, 01:15 PM
Someone tells you that your shoulder length hair is long and you brush off their compliment.

neko_kawaii
September 1st, 2012, 05:04 PM
Someone tells you that your shoulder length hair is long and you brush off their compliment.

I remember looking at a salon hair style book some time in the 80's and it was divided into super short, short, medium, and long hair styles and long started about waist length (at least that is the way I remember it). I could never understand the comment, "Oh, your hair is getting long," applied to shoulder length hair. Then again I also knew a handful of women with ankle length hair, so they might have skewed my perception of long, LOL.

dawnss
September 1st, 2012, 05:56 PM
I remember looking at a salon hair style book some time in the 80's and it was divided into super short, short, medium, and long hair styles and long started about waist length (at least that is the way I remember it). I could never understand the comment, "Oh, your hair is getting long," applied to shoulder length hair. Then again I also knew a handful of women with ankle length hair, so they might have skewed my perception of long, LOL.

Lol, yeah perception sure is a funny thing.

BrownEyedBeauty
September 4th, 2012, 07:26 AM
When I didn't have to put it up when I worked out at the gym.

alexis917
September 4th, 2012, 09:57 AM
When you're so jealous of your friends who can chop off their hair then grow it right back. I wish I could do that so badly -_-

dawnss
September 4th, 2012, 10:11 AM
When I didn't have to put it up when I worked out at the gym.

Wow! You know, I'm sure you like having longer hair now, but that seems kind of convenient. If you're working out, having to stop and fix your hair is not something that is very fun to do in the middle of a workout. So, for me that would seem like an advantage. Yet it is a disadvantage because you don't have to worry about it falling out during your workout.

dawnss
September 4th, 2012, 10:12 AM
I know that I have short hair because my french braids go down to the bottom of my neck ):

BrownEyedBeauty
September 4th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Wow! You know, I'm sure you like having longer hair now, but that seems kind of convenient. If you're working out, having to stop and fix your hair is not something that is very fun to do in the middle of a workout. So, for me that would seem like an advantage. Yet it is a disadvantage because you don't have to worry about it falling out during your workout.

I totally agree with you about it being a convenient advantage to have. In fact, its one of the things that I miss about having shorter hair, but it also made havng shorter hair that much more obvious to me. There are pros and cons to having both short and long hair. Shorter hair is definitely an advantage when you are exercising and this has become increasingly obvious to me the longer my hair has grown. Oh well, I am patient enough to put up with it since I see it as a small sacrifice in my journey to longer hair.

Tisiloves
September 18th, 2012, 07:10 PM
A u pin completely spans your bun.

beautifulending
September 19th, 2012, 12:03 AM
When you try to braid your hair and all you end up with is messy little braids that reach your shoulders.

melusine963
September 19th, 2012, 04:57 AM

Yep. I still haven't found a good way around this problem. Maybe I'll invest in a hair turban/microfibre towel thing.

- Your hair is dry twenty minutes after a shower

I miss those days. :(

- When your hair is growing out but not yet down.

I definitely don't miss this! I cringe everytime I look at childhood photos now.

twoLs118
September 19th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Well, this isn't a funny answer, but every shortie or midi knows that feeling when you try to pony your hair and the hair in the back starts falling slowly back to your neck until it looks like a half-up 'do!

THIS! I hated this sooooo much when i had short hair!!

browneyedsusan
September 19th, 2012, 07:44 AM
THIS! I hated this sooooo much when i had short hair!!

*sigh* Lots of bobby pins and TEENSY "bear cub ear" ponytails.

dragonfly90
September 19th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Well you know your hair is EXTREMELY short when its dry before you even get out of the shower :D

celebriangel
September 19th, 2012, 11:43 AM
When your wave pattern looks all weird and wonky cause you haven't got enough hair for it to show properly yet.

terylenerose
September 19th, 2012, 01:11 PM
When you realize it's a bad idea to put your hair in a single English braid for sleep because the shorter bits all fall out and rub on the pillow, causing them to split more. :rolleyes: I can't wait until I can put all my hair in the same braid at the same time.

Clem_Dela
October 14th, 2012, 09:34 PM
when you don't have to move your huge mane out of the way when you put your bra on in the morning...
when you can actually feel the chair behind your back

can you tell i'm a new shorty? :)