PDA

View Full Version : Tresemme naturals and coconut haters question

goldloli
August 11th, 2012, 03:19 AM
Hey :)

So i saw that my local shop sells everpure and a bunch of other goodies like tresemme naturals. I was going to pick up a bottle but there were 2 kinds of the tresemme, one with coconut oil as a main ingredient and the other without. The coconut one seems to have a slightly better ingredients profile bar the oil.

I didn't know which one was the one that gets raved about, also my hair reallllly hates coconut oil. Does anyone else with a coconut oil aversion use the coconut oil tresemme just fine? Do you find the coconut oil in it to be drying/volumising/protein like, as some dishes do? note: this question is directed at people who don't go well with the oil, not to people who have great success with coconut oil in general.

Also to everybody, how do you find the 2 products? which do you prefer? do you only cowash/cwc with it or are these conditioners hydrating enough to be main conditioner?

Opinions on everpure cleansing creme are welcome too :hmm: really getting into drugstore conditioners, over the past few years the availability of quality has improved... no more paying frikk loads for pureology or redken :D

Actually if you live in the uk, any recs are great. I'm tempted to try cowashing again.

goldloli
August 11th, 2012, 03:22 AM
Also last night when I washed my hair, I saw I'm only 1 inch from navel even after microtrimming <3

fridgee
August 11th, 2012, 03:28 AM
I get on well with coconut oil so can't answer you first question. I've tried both the coconut one and the aloe one and I prefer the coconut one although the aloe one is fine too. I've used both for COing. I used to use the coconut one as a one step CO, no need for second conditioner. The aloe one I find works best diluted pretty heavily to 'wash' with followed by another conditioner.

As for cheap own brands I love sainsburys watermint conditioner for dry hair as a washing conditioner. It's cheap, about 70p for 500ml, cleans well and is cruelty free. I have used a second conditioner after this in the past, but have found that if I add a bit of it back into my hair after rinsing and leave it in it works nicely.

ETA: yay for the length! :cheese:

Arashi
August 11th, 2012, 03:38 AM
Sorry that I can't exactly answer your question, but I will say I have a bottle of the aloe vera one and find it's OK. Not terrible, but not great either. The results are 'meh' enough that I wouldn't bother trying the coconut oil one, especially since my hair doesn't seem to prefer coconut oil.

goldloli
August 11th, 2012, 03:47 AM
Brilliant, reviews!!! I'm such a review fiend :D

fridgee: you seem to be a hair twin! what do you use for main conditioner?

arashi: you kinda did answer my question, tbh i dont think i'll bother with the stuff

fridgee
August 11th, 2012, 04:00 AM
When I use a second conditioner that's not just more of the same I like loreal triple resist (protein) or pantene ice shine (no protein). I recently tried fructis repair and shine (aka triple nutrition in the US) and LOVED it so am going to buy some of that soon if I can find it. All my second conditioners have non build up silicone in so if your cone free they might not be for you.

ETA: also hi twin! :D