PDA

View Full Version : Question about this article/blog entry

iSuperHeroic
August 10th, 2012, 06:46 PM
http://scienceyhairblog.blogspot.com/p/recipes-and-projects.html

So, it's a link to a protein treatment, I myself have never done a protein treatment on my hair before but I want to try it after I'm done Color Oopsing my hair.

For those of you who have done this treatment, can you do it on wet hair? Or should it be dry?

Pearly~91
August 10th, 2012, 06:53 PM
I have looked at this recipe before, and unless I am mistaken it says to apply on damp hair.

ETA: Yes, I just looked. If you scroll down past the new recipe on the page there are instructions for how to apply. It says to use on clean damp hair.

iSuperHeroic
August 10th, 2012, 06:55 PM
I have looked at this recipe before, and unless I am mistaken it says to apply on damp hair.

Oh, you're right it does!

Sorry for not paying attention. :(

Pearly~91
August 10th, 2012, 06:57 PM
No worries, it happens to the best of us. :)

Wildcat Diva
August 10th, 2012, 06:57 PM
I just did this last night, and I used catnip infusion instead of water.

iSuperHeroic
August 10th, 2012, 06:59 PM
I just did this last night, and I used catnip infusion instead of water.

How did it work for you?

Arden
August 10th, 2012, 07:03 PM
I've not tried this exact thing but from trail and error in the past I have found that my hair has a love hate relationship with protine. For me a little protine treatment once in awhile seems to work nice but too much of a good thing and my hair starts to get straw like and crunchy.... So I very very RARELY do anything like this... just went my hair starts to feel "stingy" or "weak"

Wildcat Diva
August 10th, 2012, 07:08 PM
How did it work for you?
Sorry I guess I just left ya hanging there didn't I? The catnip with gelatin worked just fine, seemed conditioning. I added a couple of drops of tea tree oil, and a bit of vinegar. I left it in in a shower cap for about an hour, sometimes I use a heating cap, but didn't last night. It was pretty drippy, I had eyeballed it and didn't measure, so maybe I used too much liquid.

Next time I think I will leave it in the fridge and try to get it to thicken up more so it's less drippy.

I rinsed out really good in the shower, and then I also rinsed at the end with some more catnip infusion for good measure to condition. Then I did a big cup full of distilled water as a final rinse. I still needed to add some kind of leave in for my ends (too dry). I used Nightblooming winter Panacea for this, but have also used mineral oil.

Hair today (next day) feels pretty soft and shiny. I am not sure how often I should do this with regard to the protein.

PolarCathy does this method, and she told me about it. So thanks to her for that.

iSuperHeroic
August 10th, 2012, 08:02 PM
Sorry I guess I just left ya hanging there didn't I? The catnip with gelatin worked just fine, seemed conditioning. I added a couple of drops of tea tree oil, and a bit of vinegar. I left it in in a shower cap for about an hour, sometimes I use a heating cap, but didn't last night. It was pretty drippy, I had eyeballed it and didn't measure, so maybe I used too much liquid.

Next time I think I will leave it in the fridge and try to get it to thicken up more so it's less drippy.

I rinsed out really good in the shower, and then I also rinsed at the end with some more catnip infusion for good measure to condition. Then I did a big cup full of distilled water as a final rinse. I still needed to add some kind of leave in for my ends (too dry). I used Nightblooming winter Panacea for this, but have also used mineral oil.

Hair today (next day) feels pretty soft and shiny. I am not sure how often I should do this with regard to the protein.

PolarCathy does this method, and she told me about it. So thanks to her for that.

I might try this. Never thought of putting catnip in my hair though, what benefits does it have? o:

Wildcat Diva
August 10th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Catnip leaf and flower infusion is used to condition hair, and is thought to prevent split ends from forming. There are whole threads about it. I try to leave my catnip infusion on for an hour after I shampoo at least one time a week as a DT, but some people just use it much as you would use an ACV rinse, and also most people do rinse the catnip infusion out. There is an article about it in the Articles section, if you want to read more: Ktani is the author.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=118