PDA

View Full Version : Which one looks better on me?

digginit
August 10th, 2012, 04:13 PM
I have been getting mixed reviews on my hair lately and wanted you all to give me yours since you actually care about hair. Sorry the pictures aren't better. From the front it is basically exactly the same. I mean in the end I should just do what i want but I was still curious. Thanks in advance.

http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii512/fellow234/my%20hair/HPIM0896-3.jpg?t=1344636596

http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii512/fellow234/my%20hair/HPIM0888-1-2.jpg?t=1344636621

PS I am a guy if that makes a difference

SerinaDaith
August 10th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Number two?

IndigoOptimist
August 10th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Well you can't really tell, personally I think a side on view would've give more indication as to which suits you best. I think high ponies look better than low ones as a rule, but in my opinion they're one of the most boring hair styles ;)

Nae
August 10th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Well.....

As far as pony height goes, for some reason I always think that a lower one is more "professional" I suppose.

The mid-height one is more casual.

I am not sure exactly what you are asking. What kind of reviews are you getting?

digginit
August 10th, 2012, 04:23 PM
I am guy growing it out for the first time so people generally havent been overly positive. I was tying it up higher at first having seen my sisters do it that way but then was told that isnt how guys do it, then my mom said it looked better the other way. I am probably senisitive since I am new to the whole thing and I am sure it isnt a big deal.
Also I know ponytails are 'boring' but for now that is all I am capable of and it is still fun for me since it is relatively new. Thanks

Bene
August 10th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Ponytails? It's hard to say which one looks better.

Tristania
August 10th, 2012, 04:30 PM
They both look fine to me. What I choose to do personally depends on what will be more convenient that day: If I'm going outside, I'll be wearing a hat, so that means a low ponytail. I do try to vary what I do with my hair though, to avoid too much breakage in one spot. I have a pretty significant demarcation line from wearing ponytails regularly in the same spot, so that's something you'll want to consider.

Calaelen
August 10th, 2012, 04:32 PM
I was going to say the first one, if the bumps were smoothed out, but, after you shared that you're a guy, I really do think the second one is more unisex.

Your hair is gorgeous by the way, so healthy looking and natural! Seriously, do what feels best and makes you happy, and if that s long hair,in a high pony, power to you! I'd admire you hair either way, if I saw it in public.

Lostsoule77
August 10th, 2012, 04:37 PM
I thought the second one looked nicer. It is good to vary up styles to prevent wear in the same spot though. If all you can do is pony then why not alternate between both?

I really like your hair color and your hair looks really healthy so you have a good start for having long hair. :D

lapushka
August 10th, 2012, 04:55 PM
I was going to say the first one, if the bumps were smoothed out, but, after you shared that you're a guy, I really do think the second one is more unisex.

This. ^^ :)

IndigoOptimist
August 10th, 2012, 05:07 PM

This! Although I love to see guys with braided hair (just a simple braid, not a French one;)), try practising, I though they look cool on blokes ;)

BrightEyes
August 10th, 2012, 06:11 PM
I like the second one, so the lower pony tail. You have nice hair:)

Greenfire
August 10th, 2012, 06:24 PM
I don't like high pony's on guys, they just look funny unless your hair is shorter. I have seen a half up pony on a guy that looks good, you just pull the top back into a smaller elastic, I've even seen very thin braids from the temple to the pony in a half up on a guy that looked surprisingly masculine, kind of a medieval look I think. A single braid on a guy, I have to think of Willie Nelson, but lots of braids on a guy, a la Jason Momoa in Stargate Atlantis... wow and yum! Long hair that is too pretty on a guy just makes women jealous, but add in a little messiness and you're good to go.

blaketob
August 10th, 2012, 06:24 PM
I like the first picture better :)

linda g
August 10th, 2012, 06:26 PM
I'd say the second one (lower ponytail) is more typical for men. It's also styled more smoothly, which makes it look better.

Loveisaverb
August 10th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Like others have said, I prefer the 2nd one through I do usually like ponytails at the nape of the neck more. Through the first one could be wore too, since ponytails no matter were can be for both genders.

browneyedsusan
August 10th, 2012, 07:12 PM
IMHO: the second one is more gender-neutral.

raingirl
August 10th, 2012, 07:18 PM
I vote for the lower pony in the second picture.

And you have gorgeous hair! I love men with long hair. (recently my hubby cut his and I'm so sad!)

spidermom
August 10th, 2012, 07:27 PM
The first one looks kind of terrible because it's all scrunched up above the ponytail. So I'll have to go with #2.

blondie9912
August 10th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Second one, for sure.

Angela_Rose
August 10th, 2012, 07:46 PM
The second, lower, one absolutely.

Learn to braid, too- manbraids are hot.

Falcore
August 10th, 2012, 08:54 PM
I vote the second one.

italianamama
August 10th, 2012, 09:28 PM
I vote for the second one!

Learn to braid, too- manbraids are hot.

Manbraids are indeed hot, I was thinking the same thing.

Natalia
August 10th, 2012, 09:41 PM
im a vote for 2 myself

neko_kawaii
August 10th, 2012, 09:43 PM
They both look good.

For whatever reason, the low pony is currently considered to be more acceptable on men. *shrug* Its all culturally subjective. I'd say do what ever is appropriate for what you expect to do during the day, ie if you know you will be outside and wearing a hat put it low and if you don't expect to wear a hat have it high. Variation will help prevent damage from the elastic building up in one location.

Sarahlabyrinth
August 11th, 2012, 01:24 AM
I like the second one better.:)

MaryMarx
August 11th, 2012, 01:29 AM
I like the first one better.

wooliswonderful
August 11th, 2012, 01:47 AM
I think the second lower style looks better. :)
DH has been wearing his mid back length hair in a low pony tail daily for 12+ years. He receives lots of compliments as his length is visible, it's easy and quick for him to do, and it's able to be tucked into his shirt or under a hat easily if need be.

Arashi
August 11th, 2012, 03:47 AM
I don't like ponytails in general, so I can't really say, but I do notice it's much more common to see men wearing lower ponytails as in the second one. But indeed, do it the way you like best!

spookyghost
August 11th, 2012, 04:20 AM
If think the second one looks best but you can still pull off the first one if smoothed out. And you do have really nice healthy hair! Oh and try a braid. I dont know how you are with braids but it would look really rough and tough if you know what I mean.

3azza
August 11th, 2012, 05:28 AM
both are nice because your hair is beautiful. I don't know who has universally decided that high ponytails are more girly, i think they look awesome on guys and so do buns :)

MintChocChip
August 11th, 2012, 05:42 AM
I think the first one looks better. Even if the second one is seen as probably more unisex, I just think the first one is nicer. But, of course, like others have said, do the one which makes you feel better! :)

Vampyria
August 11th, 2012, 05:50 AM
I think low ponytails look better on guys.

AineMuirne
August 11th, 2012, 06:28 AM
Definitely a low ponytail. My half-brother has spent the last 20 years growing his hair out to waist length, then shaving it and donating it (he's 46 with no grey hair- my family is like that, lol). He takes really good care of it and he always wears it in a low ponytail with an elastic that doesn't have metal. I'm sure he has a halo from keeping it in a ponytail all the time, but he works in construction, so it's necessary. The length still always looks ultra healthy, though.

jacqueline101
August 11th, 2012, 09:35 AM
I like the 2nd one.

Tota
August 11th, 2012, 09:43 AM
I think low ponytails look better on guys. We have this very famous and influential journalist in my country that is wearing his hair like this (http://beta1.finance-on.net/pics/cache_F2/F27ZS_perovic_stefancic1_xx.1246821449.jpg) for the last 20+ years and I think it's a cool look for a dude ;)

DancingQueen
August 11th, 2012, 10:03 AM
I like both of them, though I like the high one best. But I tend to think low ponytails is a little boring compared to the slightly higher ones, so maybe that's why.

ETA: You might want to be careful about putting it higher than number 1. It have a very good height, but anything higher might look a little funny. Guys look good in high ponytails, but not too high if that makes sense. :)

AnqeIicDemise
August 11th, 2012, 10:49 AM
i personally enjoy a high pony on a male but i like my men to blurr the gender line a tad. eyeliner on a man? yes! a kilt? heck yeah! high pony? oh baby!

when dhs hair was longer, he liked doing a mid height top knot. it was smexy as all hell.

in The end, its your hair. do what you want.

misspurdy06
August 11th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Either one would look better with a clear elastic band.

http://www.amazon.com/Goody-Clear-Elastic-Bands-52/dp/B00122CP30/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1344704049&sr=8-1&keywords=clear+elastic+hair+bands

Arden
August 11th, 2012, 10:56 AM
I am guy growing it out for the first time so people generally havent been overly positive. I was tying it up higher at first having seen my sisters do it that way but then was told that isnt how guys do it, then my mom said it looked better the other way. I am probably senisitive since I am new to the whole thing and I am sure it isnt a big deal.
Also I know ponytails are 'boring' but for now that is all I am capable of and it is still fun for me since it is relatively new. Thanks

First of all, YAY FOR MAN!!! ....guys on here are like rare exotic herloom herbs... We love you! Please stay and ease the estrogen levels!!! LOL

Oh... now on to business. I personally like the low pony. but as someone else said the profile view would be helpful (sorry if you already posted that I sort of jumped into the convo on the first page cause I was excited to see a guy!)

My husband had long hair when we dated. He cut it right after we got married. At first I thought the new look was so sexy. But after awhile I really missed the hair. It was nice to run my hands threw and I really enjoyed brushing and trimming it for him.

I know there is alot of stigma about guys with long hair. I'll be hounest, on some dudes it does kind of look creepy. But one some it's super duper hot.

Anyway, unless you've got other pictures at diffrent angels, low pony is my vote.

And YAY!! I'm so glad your here :)

digginit
August 11th, 2012, 11:08 AM
thank for the comments and suggestions and especially for the compliments. I had kinda felt like a lower one too, in part to blend in a bit more since I have been really self conscious lately, but I think I will mix it up a bit sometimes too. And for those who suggested a braid I have been trying to learn a bit, but I have bad layers from growing it out that wont stay back like that yet even if I could, but I hope to be able to. thanks