PDA

View Full Version : Get rid of it!

Dang3rousB3auty
August 10th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Yesterday I decided to go through these drawers I had in my closet. The bottom one was just filled with hair stuff I hardly ever used. I needed to get rid of them now! I got rid of probably 25-30 products that were just wasting space and most were hardly used.

I think I had a period of time where I was obsessed with coney hair serums. I had 3 bottles of the stuff hardly used haha. Guess I didn't like them much.

I put them all in a bag and wrote on it "Free. Take what you will use." I put it in my laundry room. I went and checked today and the whole bag was gone. There was another bag in there that replaced it. The contents: fish slippers.

I am assuming my sign was ignored because I don't think one person "needs" all the crap I put in there, but maybe they had a HUGE family with lots of hair.

I hope they enjoy them :P and I feel so much better saying bye bye to that stuff! I think this has taught me a lesson to quit buying so much hair crap that I will never use. How many bottles of "shine spray" does one person need???

Anyways, maybe this will motivate some of you out there to get rid of unwanted crap that just sits there collecting dust. It doesn't even have to be hair stuff. Your life feels so much better somehow when you get rid of stuff.

You make room for other things, and I am sure someone else will love the things you give away.

I think I need to do this with my makeup next. Not sure if I will give it away, because who wants used makeup??

:kitten:

spidermom
August 10th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Unfortunately, my unwanted crap is just that - crap.

Wildcat Diva
August 10th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Makeup is not supposed to be any good after one year, some stuff six months. Chuck it in the trash.

My used stuff is mostly crap too.

Lostsoule77
August 10th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Good for you! Most of the stuff I don't want would be garbage too.

We used to just leave our unwanted stuff in the common hallway of my building and if it was still there a few days later the owner of the stuff chucked it. It was a great system. Then the complex manager moved into out building and forbid it. :( I got some nice stuff and others got stuff they needed from me too.

julliams
August 10th, 2012, 05:54 PM
I just did a major clean out like this and I decided it was time to put things in the rooms where I actually use them. It has made a big difference to my life because now I know exactly where to find everything and I know what I have.

Dang3rousB3auty
August 11th, 2012, 12:45 AM
Makeup is not supposed to be any good after one year, some stuff six months. Chuck it in the trash.

My used stuff is mostly crap too.

If you keep your makeup appropriately, powders can last a very long time. I find liquid products, like mascara and foundation need to not be kept for too long though.

MaryMarx
August 11th, 2012, 01:27 AM
I had to google 'fish slippers' and got a good laugh. :D

akilina
August 11th, 2012, 02:43 AM
Blahahah....FISH slippers. -__-
O geez
Good laugh :]
I would have loved to pillage your free give away bag of hair goodies!