PDA

View Full Version : Color Oops Tips and tricks?

iSuperHeroic
August 10th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Sorry, I know I post a lot about ColorOops:p

Later today I'm going to ColorOops my hair again, I was wondering if there would any little tricks that could help because the first time I did it my hair darkened a shade or two again and I want to avoid that.

Any special treatments you did to your hair afterwards?

akilina
August 10th, 2012, 11:31 AM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=98801

Check out my thread...
I just got done doing a TON of oopsing. It may help you.
I will sum it up for you though.

Go CONE FREE for a few days before, and about a week or more after you oops. I found that the cheapo suave works great for this- at a dollar a bottle.
Also, I would do a clarifying wash before you start going cone free.

Also, make sure you rinse a ton, and wash 2 or 3 times while you are rinsing. Your whole hair too. With shampoo.

And, do not let ANY peroxide go near your hair for a few days. I did a bleach soap cap thinking the bleaching action would really help. It was completely cancelled out and the peroxide in the mix caused my hair to re-oxidize. I really wish color oops had a neutralizer in the box too.

Hope my thread helps you a little :)

iSuperHeroic
August 10th, 2012, 11:39 AM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=98801

Check out my thread...
I just got done doing a TON of oopsing. It may help you.
I will sum it up for you though.

Go CONE FREE for a few days before, and about a week or more after you oops. I found that the cheapo suave works great for this- at a dollar a bottle.
Also, I would do a clarifying wash before you start going cone free.

Also, make sure you rinse a ton, and wash 2 or 3 times while you are rinsing. Your whole hair too. With shampoo.

And, do not let ANY peroxide go near your hair for a few days. I did a bleach soap cap thinking the bleaching action would really help. It was completely cancelled out and the peroxide in the mix caused my hair to re-oxidize. I really wish color oops had a neutralizer in the box too.

Hope my thread helps you a little :)

Guess I have to go buy Cone free products, because I just looked at all the stuff in my shower and they all have a 'cone in them. x.x

And thank you!

akilina
August 10th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Guess I have to go buy Cone free products, because I just looked at all the stuff in my shower and they all have a 'cone in them. x.x

And thank you!
Yes jojo suggested this to me and she removed henna completely over a long period of time with colour B4 (UK version of oops)
I think it really helped. It has been SO hard for me but my hair looks okay. For my its my leave ins that get me. They are all coney and i love them very much. Haven't been able to touch them though. :p