PDA

View Full Version : Sally's: No love for strawberry blondes?

dandylioness
August 10th, 2012, 01:12 AM
Confession: While I am waiting for my magnificent storybook hair to grow in. I have fun making many long faux hair braids to clip in or 2 4 ft long jumbo braids to tie into real hair buns. I hope no one will shun me for this--it's still playtime for hair.
Anyway I contacted Sally's and they discontinued #27 strawberry blonde in their faux hair line. I was hope to make clip in bangs to try them out before cutting.
So...is strawberry blonde unfashionable, just not a good seller? I admit my feelings were a wee bit hurt.

pocketfulla
August 10th, 2012, 02:06 AM
So many girls bleach their hair these days & I can tell you now that white bleach 'blonde' will be selling like mad because all their hair falls out. I'd be happy if I were you! Strawberry blonde is beautiful & you're crazy if you're doubting that! Which position would you rather be in - growing out beautiful, healthy hair the natural way or pulling out chunks of your breaking, bleached hair?

Bit extreme, but you get the picture.

DaniVerde
August 10th, 2012, 03:49 AM
So many girls bleach their hair these days & I can tell you now that white bleach 'blonde' will be selling like mad because all their hair falls out. I'd be happy if I were you! Strawberry blonde is beautiful & you're crazy if you're doubting that! Which position would you rather be in - growing out beautiful, healthy hair the natural way or pulling out chunks of your breaking, bleached hair?

Bit extreme, but you get the picture.

I'd like to point out that it's perfectly possible to have healthy bleached hair. Just ask several members of LHC! Not all people with bleached hair have it "falling out in chunks". This is really offensive to assume that.

Also, it's perfectly possible to have virgin hair that's damaged and breaking off. (Not that I'm saying that OP's hair is).

Finally, nowhere did OP say her hair color was natural, although her wording does lead us to think so.

Quixii
August 10th, 2012, 03:51 AM
Huh. Bummer. I think strawberry blonde is one of the most beautiful of hair colours.

pocketfulla
August 10th, 2012, 05:48 AM
I'd like to point out that it's perfectly possible to have healthy bleached hair. Just ask several members of LHC! Not all people with bleached hair have it "falling out in chunks". This is really offensive to assume that.

Also, it's perfectly possible to have virgin hair that's damaged and breaking off. (Not that I'm saying that OP's hair is).

Finally, nowhere did OP say her hair color was natural, although her wording does lead us to think so.

Oh no no I didn't mean it like that! Sorry, I should have worded it better :p

I'm 15, if you went to my school you'd understand what I meant. Obviously anyone who is on this forum has or is on their way to healthy hair.

elea
August 10th, 2012, 06:26 AM
it is a rare and beautifull hair color
hold on... you are not happy about getting a discount???

Rufflebutt
August 10th, 2012, 07:39 AM
Strawberry blonde is even more uncommon than red hair naturally. And it's a very hard color to achieve with dye. I'm guessing it just never sold because not many people have that color.