PDA

View Full Version : Do YOU have a hair video on You Tube?

WaitingSoLong
August 9th, 2012, 09:49 PM
I was wondering how many of our members have posted hair videos on You Tube. I know of a few, but I thought a thread where we could post our hair video links would be super fun! It is always neat to see our members in action! I don't have any myself because I have no idea what I would make a video of!

So...videos anyone?

CurlyCap
August 9th, 2012, 10:03 PM
I'll play!

It a "Big Chop" video, but I love it. It reminds me of my state of mind when I decided to cut my hair, and so I'll never forget how excited I was when I did cut. It makes it easy to have no regrets. I'm SO HAPPY I made this video with my cellphone. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWhUVoooE4Y

(Only warning for watchers: I mention that I was poor (college student!) and so I needed to cut it myself. Some people have said they found that a little sad for such an upbeat video , but I thought it was just an honest statement.)

sweetestpoison
August 9th, 2012, 10:08 PM
I have one but it's nothing special, just how to do a french twist secured with a fork :shrug:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuXovY60w-g

CurlyCap
August 9th, 2012, 10:18 PM
I have one but it's nothing special, just how to do a french twist secured with a fork :shrug:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuXovY60w-g

This was actually great to see! I've always wondered how those wooden forks slide into the hair. For some reason, I thought there would be more resistance than that. :D

Thanks for posting!

AJoifulNoise
August 10th, 2012, 02:15 AM
I have one. It's the only video on my channel. And, wow, I had a lot of hair. :lol:

http://youtu.be/Uy5_FULSoFw

WaitingSoLong
August 11th, 2012, 06:26 AM
Curlycap I love your video! It was funny to hear you talking to the camera and I can't believe you used kitchen shears! lol

WaitingSoLong
August 11th, 2012, 06:30 AM
AJoifulNoise...I have never been able to wear a figure 8 bun. I can do the infinity (it is one of my go-to buns) but I cannot seem to do any bun where the sticks are verticle instead of horizontal.

WaitingSoLong
August 11th, 2012, 06:31 AM
PS how do you edit the videos? Is it a certain software?

Allychan
August 11th, 2012, 06:31 AM
I am trying to do a 2part henndigo application youtube video, but I need my 11yo to put it together for me but she is at a party and I have to wait until she has time. How sad is that?!!:rolleyes:

Finally published it, the audio was shockingly bad so I dubbed over it with music

WaitingSoLong
August 11th, 2012, 06:32 AM
Don't worry Allychan, I couldn't do it either!

Bene
August 11th, 2012, 06:34 AM
No, but I'm considering making a lazy wrap bun video. The ones I've seen don't address the full length the way I think it should be. Or the variations to accommodate length kind of make it something other than a lazy wrap bun.

WaitingSoLong
August 11th, 2012, 06:45 AM
Bene, now I am curious...I have only seen it done one way and that is the way I do it.

I thought about making a braid video for the way I do my braids (I start with 4 strands). My camera CAN do videos but I would have no idea how to edit it or anything. Plus I have never made a YouTube account. Also, I HATE my voice. It's so throaty. lol

Bene
August 11th, 2012, 07:11 AM
I notice that people will make a lazy wrap bun, then insert the stick, and continue to wrap the length around the base area. This doesn't seem very sturdy. My variation finishes up the bun entirely BEFORE inserting the stick. I wrap the length around the base a few times, under the thumb. It holds up indefinitely

Updating my video card driver. Also waiting for my b/f to bugger off because he tends to make snide comments when I'm doing the hair thing. A video would drive him to fits of hysterical giggles :D Hopefully, I'll have something up on youtube this week.

haibane
August 11th, 2012, 07:28 AM
I notice that people will make a lazy wrap bun, then insert the stick, and continue to wrap the length around the base area. This doesn't seem very sturdy. My variation finishes up the bun entirely BEFORE inserting the stick. I wrap the length around the base a few times, under the thumb. It holds up indefinitely

Updating my video card driver. Also waiting for my b/f to bugger off because he tends to make snide comments when I'm doing the hair thing. A video would drive him to fits of hysterical giggles :D Hopefully, I'll have something up on youtube this week.

Oh wow, I never even thought of putting the stick in first. I always wrap completely around the base before inserting the stick/fork. And sometimes I wrap it twice around my hand to make it really lazy. :p

Looking forward to the video.

FrannyG
August 11th, 2012, 07:54 AM
I just have six videos. I haven't been in a photo/video/styling frame of mind for quite a while. Here is my French Twist (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYarMswUg40).

This is a link to all of my videos (http://www.youtube.com/user/frannyshairstyles/videos).

Danyelly
August 11th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Just watched it Franny, now I know how to do that mysterious French twist! Thanks! :)

sharonluvscats
August 11th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Great idea for a thread. I'm addicted to youtube hair videos.

FrannyG
August 11th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Just watched it Franny, now I know how to do that mysterious French twist! Thanks! :)

Well, you've just made my day. Thank you. :flowers:

FrannyG
August 11th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Bene, now I am curious...I have only seen it done one way and that is the way I do it.

I thought about making a braid video for the way I do my braids (I start with 4 strands). My camera CAN do videos but I would have no idea how to edit it or anything. Plus I have never made a YouTube account. Also, I HATE my voice. It's so throaty. lol

I am patiently waiting to see Bene's video too. :popcorn:

WaitingSoLong, nobody hates their own voice more than I do. I just made the videos, watched them once and never looked at them again. Our voices don't sound as bad to others as they do to ourselves, I've discovered.

Do you have a Windows OS? They have a movie maker that is dead easy. If I can do it, anyone can. I'm not kidding.

Moloik
August 11th, 2012, 09:28 AM
I must also thank you Franny! Finally I know how to do a beautiful French twist :)

WaitingSoLong
August 11th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Oh wow, I never even thought of putting the stick in first. I always wrap completely around the base before inserting the stick/fork. And sometimes I wrap it twice around my hand to make it really lazy. :p

Looking forward to the video.

Ditto only I never wrap it around my HAND, only my thumb and index fingers. I just looked to see if I still had the instrux for it to show you but I don't. Let me look on youtube...ok it took me a few tries but this person (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTt771qkO24)does it the way I do it.

I am patiently waiting to see Bene's video too. :popcorn:

WaitingSoLong, nobody hates their own voice more than I do. I just made the videos, watched them once and never looked at them again. Our voices don't sound as bad to others as they do to ourselves, I've discovered.

Do you have a Windows OS? They have a movie maker that is dead easy. If I can do it, anyone can. I'm not kidding.

I ABHOR my voice. Seriously.
Yes I have Windows 7.

WaitingSoLong
August 11th, 2012, 09:56 AM
OMGosh Franny you need to do more videos that was the most CLEAR instrux on a French Twist I have ever seen. My hair is too long, though! You have a nice clear speaking voice that I found pleasant to hear :)

jojo
August 11th, 2012, 10:28 AM
I have one on screw pins, my hair looks so short on it! But it was taken 15 months ago and I hate my voice and facial expressions *cringe!* but anyway here you go!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e62FQC1kFb8

Fairlight63
August 11th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Oh, I can't see your video jojo, it says that it is private:(

Neecola
August 11th, 2012, 10:55 AM
*subscribes* What a great idea for a thread!

I agree -- Franny your video is so clear and easy to follow; thank you for sharing. Also, FAB earrings!

jojo
August 11th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Oh, I can't see your video jojo, it says that it is private:(

That's strange, try again and see if it works. If it doesn't does anybody know how to get rid of the private thing? :confused:

FrannyG
August 11th, 2012, 02:14 PM
I must also thank you Franny! Finally I know how to do a beautiful French twist :)

I'm so happy that I actually helped you learn something! :flower:

Yes I have Windows 7.

Well, I feel the same about my own voice. Seriously.
The Windows Live Movie Maker is so easy to use. Shockingly easy.

OMGosh Franny you need to do more videos that was the most CLEAR instrux on a French Twist I have ever seen. My hair is too long, though! You have a nice clear speaking voice that I found pleasant to hear :)

Thank you, WSL! Yes, your hair is too long for that style. I did try to be slow enough and descriptive enough in my videos so that people could do the styles along with me. Some people do things so quickly that it's hard to reproduce. See, you like my wretched voice! :silly: As I say, no one else will dislike yours. :)

*subscribes* What a great idea for a thread!

I agree -- Franny your video is so clear and easy to follow; thank you for sharing. Also, FAB earrings!

Thank you, Neecola, on both counts. :flower: I can't remember which earrings I'm wearing in the video; I just know for sure that they are made by Little Seven, as are all the earrings I wear. They have a great website. (http://littleseven.com/) ETA: I just looked and in the French Twist video, I'm wearing Nine Spirals in Large.

That's strange, try again and see if it works. If it doesn't does anybody know how to get rid of the private thing? :confused:

It is set to private, Jojo. Log in to your YouTube account, and look at your video. You may find some instructions there. I can't remember how to do it; it's been awhile.

Rosethorn
August 11th, 2012, 02:49 PM
I just have six videos. I haven't been in a photo/video/styling frame of mind for quite a while. Here is one of them (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYarMswUg40).

I've never been able to do a french twist but your instructions are very good. Your earrings are awesome. Are those all one piece or is the back separate?

FrannyG
August 11th, 2012, 02:56 PM
I've never been able to do a french twist but your instructions are very good. Your earrings are awesome. Are those all one piece or is the back separate?

Thank you, Rosethorn. :blossom: The earrings are just one piece. I just looked at the video (with the sound turned down :wacko:), and the earrings are Little Seven (http://littleseven.com/) Nine Spirals in Large. Mine are 12 gauge.

Bunnysaur
August 11th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Franny, that video was perfect! I've never understood the purpose of a "French twist comb" until now :o

If only that were true... When I'm caught off guard and made to speak, my voice just sounds... squeaky, choked, and... like how a baby duck would sound, if it were left out in the rain and kicked a few times. When I was in high school, girls made fun of me constantly for it.

If it makes either of you feel any better, the sound on my laptop is broken and I can't hear a word you're saying :p

Rosethorn
August 11th, 2012, 03:09 PM
FrannyG: Yay! Online shopping! Very cool. Thanks. :)

FrannyG
August 11th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Franny, that video was perfect! I've never understood the purpose of a "French twist comb" until now :o

Thank you, Bunnysaur. :flower:

FrannyG: Yay! Online shopping! Very cool. Thanks. :)

Always happy to enable. :D

WaitingSoLong
August 11th, 2012, 07:30 PM
Franny those earrings are AWESOME. OT: What guage is a "normal" earring?

Jojo, I have seen your video before on a thread about spin pins. I remember your voice, etc. I am not sure why the video is not working now?

So I have been trying to decide what to make a hair video of so I can learn to do the whole video thing. One of these days when I cut my hair I will make a video of that.

FrannyG
August 12th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Franny those earrings are AWESOME. OT: What guage is a "normal" earring?

Thank you. :) There are enormous threads on "goddess spirals" on both this forum and the archived forum. Over the years, I've collected six different pairs of Little Sevens. :o Regular earrings are about 18 gauge, although mine were pierced 30 years ago, and they had already stretched quite a bit, so going to 12 gauge wasn't hard for me. Most people need to stretch slowly, though. It's easy enough to do.

Jojo, I have seen your video before on a thread about spin pins. I remember your voice, etc. I am not sure why the video is not working now?

So I have been trying to decide what to make a hair video of so I can learn to do the whole video thing. One of these days when I cut my hair I will make a video of that.Jojo's settings seemingly have inadvertently been changed to private. I left her a note as to how to change it.

With your hair, any hairstyle that you do on a video will be awesome. :crush: I hope that you take the plunge, and when you do, let us know. :flower:

jojo
August 12th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Ok I think I've done it! Would somebody be kind enough to click on my link and tell me if it's working please. Thanks Franny for your help <3

longcurlygirl<3
August 12th, 2012, 04:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/Longcurlygirl/videos

just videos I guess, and I haven't updated in so long, can anyone give me suggestions??

WaitingSoLong
August 12th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Jojo it is wanting me to sign in to my YouTube account, which I do not have. Can you repost the link?

Franny or anyone who knows, if a video is private, can you share it by giving people a password or something? I would be more likely to do a video if I know only those who go though my link or something can see it (instead of a random youtube search).

FrannyG
August 12th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Ok I think I've done it! Would somebody be kind enough to click on my link and tell me if it's working please. Thanks Franny for your help <3

It's still listed as private. Also, I found the link for your video in another post, and it was different from the one you posted in this thread. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e62FQC1kFb8

However, it doesn't matter if I'm logged in or not; it just comes up, "Sorry, this is private". :shrug: Could you post the link to your channel for us, instead of just the video? I just want to check if that shows up.

Jojo it is wanting me to sign in to my YouTube account, which I do not have. Can you repost the link?

Franny or anyone who knows, if a video is private, can you share it by giving people a password or something? I would be more likely to do a video if I know only those who go though my link or something can see it (instead of a random youtube search).

I once tried to make a password-only video for my family, and I couldn't make the passwords work, no matter what I did. :?

WaitingSoLong
August 12th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Then what is the point of a private video? :confused: :shrug:

jojo
August 12th, 2012, 07:16 PM
3rd go lol! Here ya all go! http://www.youtube.com/my_videos_edit?ns=1&feature=vm-privacy&video_id=e62FQC1kFb8

LadyLongLocks
August 12th, 2012, 07:55 PM
I have 2 youtube channels

Bun tutorials, slideshows, Art of hair and hair progress on this channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/JJJLongHair4u2c

And helpful tips for hair and accessories on this channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/JJJLongHair

I have been on youtube for over 6 years.

Anyone wanting to keep their youtube video more private can make it unlisted. This means that you can only watch it if you have the link.You dont need to be a member to watch a video. It is not public on youtube and people cant search for it. Of course if you post the link on an open forum like this, those who see the link can go to the video. Private video's can only be shared between youtube users and IMO its a pain.

Maybe someone could start a thread on one of the non public forums for videos. That way only LHC Members could view them. Another way would be to put the link in your profile, which is non public.

Another option is to use photobucket and create a password to view a video. Keep the video Non public of course.

Always add a watermark to your video if at all possible. Windows Movie maker is pretty easy to use with a little practicing. Thats what I use.

Let me know if I can help anyone :)

I really enjoy seeing other Ladies hair videos and tutorials:)

WaitingSoLong
August 12th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Thanks LLL! I haven't seen very many of your videos (I think 2) so I am going to make it my fun-with-coffee in the a.m. No popcorn for me. Blech. lol

Oh and good idea about the non-public forums. I can never remember which those are.

Jojo, I still cannot see your video. Bless your heart. I know you're trying. ;)

Neecola
August 13th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Thank you, Neecola, on both counts. :flower: I can't remember which earrings I'm wearing in the video; I just know for sure that they are made by Little Seven, as are all the earrings I wear. They have a great website. (http://littleseven.com/) ETA: I just looked and in the French Twist video, I'm wearing Nine Spirals in Large.

Oooooh, such lovelies! Thank you for the link.

Looking forward to watching more videos later (when I'm not at work :D)

Bene
August 13th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Alrighty, tutorial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgACVv8nZFA) on the lazy wrap bun, done!

WaitingSoLong
August 13th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Bene, the link doesn't work for me.

Bene
August 13th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Fixed!

My props to anyone who does these tutorials, I found the whole process draining. I'm gonna need to chain smoke and down like 3 cups of coffee just to recover.

WaitingSoLong
August 13th, 2012, 09:49 AM
OOh I think I have an idea for a video...me doing a flip on my trampoline with my hair loose. LOL!

Bene, the link DOES work now! I love how you did dualies to show the difference in methods! Good idea!

SongofLove
August 13th, 2012, 10:02 AM
This is a great thread...awesome videos :D

I am trying to do a 2part henndigo application youtube video, but I need my 11yo to put it together for me but she is at a party and I have to wait until she has time. How sad is that?!!:rolleyes:

Oooh, I'm looking forward to that! I'm thinking of trying hennindigo sometime...

FrannyG
August 13th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Fixed!

My props to anyone who does these tutorials, I found the whole process draining. I'm gonna need to chain smoke and down like 3 cups of coffee just to recover.

Good tutorial, Bene. I like the way you showed both methods, and why yours is better. Also, you have a lovely voice.

I had to watch poor "Benny in the Cone of Shame". :p I liked it.:)

Indeed the tutorial process is draining. Sometimes I've had to do up to 10 different shoots, because I screw up my updo, or fumpher through some dialogue. Even the ones I end up posting are not as good as I'd want. Maybe that's why I haven't done any for a long while. :hmm:

CurlyCap, Sweetestpoison, AJoifulNoise and Longcurlygirl<3, your videos are all great too. LadyLongLocks, I had already seen your vids, but I watched a couple again. You really do have amazing hair.

Jojo, I really wish I could see your video, especially because I've never used those pins.

MintChocChip
August 13th, 2012, 11:03 AM
I've loved watching all of your videos so much!

So much so that I've just made my own. It's kinda embarrassing though. :bigeyes:

I wish there was a way of just putting it on youtube for only you guys to see. I'll see whether there's an option for that.

Be warned if I do find a way: my hair is like greasecity in it! :p

ETA: Apologies LadyLongLocks, just realised you'd already answered my question above here:
Anyone wanting to keep their youtube video more private can make it unlisted.

Tia2010
August 13th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Great video's :)

I've now learned the french twist and I learned why my lazy wrap bun wouldn't stay up! Thanks, bene. :D

*off to watch more video's*

ladyshep
August 13th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Cool thread! A great way to organize videos so they don't get lost in the shuffle! Cool idea!

I can get everyone elses but still not yours, jojo. :confused: Anyone else or just me?

I took my vids down, I didn't like them and what do I know about taking care of hair, my hair broke off about 2 inches in the past few months!! :bigeyes: I'm a bad example. LOL

WaitingSoLong
August 13th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Ok I made a video on how to put a paranda in your hair with the way I do my braids (a 4 strand that goes to 3) complete with me tripping over my step stool LOL. Only I had to turn my camera sideways to get all my hair in it and so now the video is sideways. Is there a way to turn it? Or do I have to find a way to videotape it normally?

ETA: Ok I think I know how but i have to go take my dd to the orthodontist then to get a haircut then we are going clothes shopping at Goodwill. SO.....maybe tomorrow. LOL

AJoifulNoise
August 13th, 2012, 01:34 PM
AJoifulNoise...I have never been able to wear a figure 8 bun. I can do the infinity (it is one of my go-to buns) but I cannot seem to do any bun where the sticks are verticle instead of horizontal.

It's funny that you say that because I've never managed an infinity. I can only do a figure 8 at certain lengths. Otherwise it falls apart. Can't do it yet.

MintChocChip
August 13th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Ok I made a video on how to put a paranda in your hair with the way I do my braids (a 4 strand that goes to 3) complete with me tripping over my step stool LOL. Only I had to turn my camera sideways to get all my hair in it and so now the video is sideways. Is there a way to turn it? Or do I have to find a way to videotape it normally?

ETA: Ok I think I know how but i have to go take my dd to the orthodontist then to get a haircut then we are going clothes shopping at Goodwill. SO.....maybe tomorrow. LOL

Do you have windows movie maker on your computer? You should be able to turn it on there, if you press the little blue arrows near the top next to import media I believe...

MintChocChip
August 13th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Okie doke! Here is my video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5JnP28z0ZE&feature=g-upl

I made it earlier with the intention of actually putting it on YT for all to see, after watching it though I'd prefer just LHC to see. That's why I'm explaining how to do a dutch braid in the video, as I'm pretty sure the majority of LHC does not need a dutch braid explained to them! :p

Please excuse the greasy hair! I'm stretching washes and it doesn't make my hair look good but it's necessary! Also, please excuse how much I ramble. Thank God, this is edited, it seems I just talk and talk. :bigeyes:

ETA: Also, sorry for the sound quality! I hope you can all hear me okay.

alwayssmiling
August 13th, 2012, 02:07 PM
I don't have a video but I wanted to say THANK YOU to Frannyg as I can now do a gibson tuck! It's so exciting to have a new style to play with.

Curlycap loved your vid! That's the kind of thing I would do. Your hair looked lovely afterwards - but I was more worried about your fingers and those big scissors :couch: . Lol

MintChocChip
August 13th, 2012, 02:27 PM
I don't have a video but I wanted to say THANK YOU to Frannyg as I can now do a gibson tuck! It's so exciting to have a new style to play with.

Seconded! I've never been able to do it either. Big thanks to Frannyg! :) Such a helpful tutorial!

ETA: I'd always wondered why my Gibson Tuck's never seemed to work, turns out my hair was too long for the method I was using which is why they always fell out. Genius method! :crush:

Sarahlabyrinth
August 13th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Jojo I can't see your video either, but looking forward to when I can! I am enjoying everyone else's though! It is so helpful to be able to see a style being done rather than just reading instructions.

ArienEllariel
August 13th, 2012, 02:54 PM
nope. not yet. I might do that after I lose some weight. lol

FrannyG
August 13th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Okie doke! Here is my video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5JnP28z0ZE&feature=g-upl

I made it earlier with the intention of actually putting it on YT for all to see, after watching it though I'd prefer just LHC to see. That's why I'm explaining how to do a dutch braid in the video, as I'm pretty sure the majority of LHC does not need a dutch braid explained to them! :p

Please excuse the greasy hair! I'm stretching washes and it doesn't make my hair look good but it's necessary! Also, please excuse how much I ramble. Thank God, this is edited, it seems I just talk and talk. :bigeyes:

ETA: Also, sorry for the sound quality! I hope you can all hear me okay.

I thought your video was very good and quite charming. You're lovely! There's nothing embarrassing about it. I'd put it up for all to see. Well done! :flower:

Seconded! I've never been able to do it either. Big thanks to Frannyg! :) Such a helpful tutorial!

ETA: I'd always wondered why my Gibson Tuck's never seemed to work, turns out my hair was too long for the method I was using which is why they always fell out. Genius method! :crush:

Thank you both, very much. :flowers: I figured out this method originally for my daughter's waist length hair. She had loved the Gibson Tuck when her hair was shorter, but it just wasn't working anymore. That's when I figured out this method. Necessity, as they say. :)

Jojo I can't see your video either, but looking forward to when I can! I am enjoying everyone else's though! It is so helpful to be able to see a style being done rather than just reading instructions.

Jojo's video is now working!!!!! :happydance: This is the proper link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e62FQC1kFb8

Jojo, your voice is lovely. You remind me of some of the posher characters in Corrie. I mean that as a compliment. However, I'm not English, so I'm hearing your voice as a Canadian hears an English voice. Great video. I NEED those hair screws.

Sarahlabyrinth
August 13th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Hey just saw your video Jojo! Love your accent - would you be anywhere near Manchester?

Those spin pins look evil - don't know if I want to subject my tender hairs to their evil mercies, lol.

Tisiloves
August 13th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Great video, Jojo, I've never seen a figure 8 held with spin pins before.

Franny, thanks for the Southern tease video, I loved the look of it, but thought that there was no way my hair would hold it. :flowers:

MintChocChip
August 13th, 2012, 04:34 PM
I thought your video was very good and quite charming. You're lovely! There's nothing embarrassing about it. I'd put it up for all to see. Well done! :flower:

Thank you so much! :) You're very kind :flower:

WaitingSoLong
August 13th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Mint...I love your voice, you are very sweet sounding. Probably not what you wanted to hear. LOL

Did I miss a Gibson Tuck link from Franny? I thought it was a French Roll/twist.

Yay Jojo for fixing your link! I had a great time comparing accents with everyone. Do English accents vary that much? Jojo you sound more Scottish. Gee I hope I am not offending anyone. Franny I expected you to have an accent but you don't? At least not to my ears. My husband said you sound like you are from Wisconsin, which is close enough to Canada.

Ok so anyway, I managed to flip the video right, edit out the very beginning and the part where I trip over my foot stool. I also took a screen shot of the finished product. Then I decided the instructions are not the best and you cannot see my fingering at all and so what is the point. LOL. I think I would have to do a close up of how I begin it, then back the camera up to do the finishing and splice them together (which I don't yet know how to do).

So far it has been fun.

Shepherdess
August 13th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Great videos everyone! ! ! ! !

I have never made my own hair video before.

I have 2 youtube channels

Bun tutorials, slideshows, Art of hair and hair progress on this channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/JJJLongHair4u2c

And helpful tips for hair and accessories on this channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/JJJLongHair

I have been on youtube for over 6 years.

Anyone wanting to keep their youtube video more private can make it unlisted. This means that you can only watch it if you have the link.You dont need to be a member to watch a video. It is not public on youtube and people cant search for it. Of course if you post the link on an open forum like this, those who see the link can go to the video. Private video's can only be shared between youtube users and IMO its a pain.

Maybe someone could start a thread on one of the non public forums for videos. That way only LHC Members could view them. Another way would be to put the link in your profile, which is non public.

Another option is to use photobucket and create a password to view a video. Keep the video Non public of course.

Always add a watermark to your video if at all possible. Windows Movie maker is pretty easy to use with a little practicing. Thats what I use.

Let me know if I can help anyone :)

I really enjoy seeing other Ladies hair videos and tutorials:)

I really love your youtube videos LadyLongLocks! They are very helpful and inspirational!

WaitingSoLong
August 13th, 2012, 07:46 PM
OK...help!...sorry to derail the thread with my technical questions...I have the video all ready and everything but when I go to upload it to YouTube it says it will take over 2 hours???? Is this normal? I don't think I have ever UPloaded a video in my life! I tried to change the resolution but it wants me to input the values (pixels) and I have no clue what to put. My picture editing program automatically does it for me. Or at least keeps the aspect.

Shepherdess
August 13th, 2012, 08:26 PM
OK...help!...sorry to derail the thread with my technical questions...I have the video all ready and everything but when I go to upload it to YouTube it says it will take over 2 hours???? Is this normal? I don't think I have ever UPloaded a video in my life! I tried to change the resolution but it wants me to input the values (pixels) and I have no clue what to put. My picture editing program automatically does it for me. Or at least keeps the aspect.

Often it takes me all day long to upload a video, and then sometimes it says that an error happened so it doesn't upload after all. It is very frustrating for me. I have uploaded a few videos before (not hair related though).

I am not much help with this, sorry. :shrug:
I wonder if it has anything to do with the internet connection perhaps?

WaitingSoLong
August 13th, 2012, 08:55 PM
I googled it and I guess it is common for it to take ages. I have a good connection here at home. I changed the video type and it uploaded in about 45 minutes. I listed it as "unlisted". Here is the link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lX163UU8qE&feature=youtu.be). I have no clue if it will work!

holistichabits
August 13th, 2012, 09:00 PM
This is my channel!

www.youtube.com/holistichabits

So far I have a 5 steps to healthy hair (natural haircare) .. honey lightening, damage free hair styles.. I'm going to be putting up a lot more soon. It's basically a natural /organic beauty channel:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iofaysj5PZY&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SosjYnLLYZI&feature=plcp

Shepherdess
August 13th, 2012, 10:32 PM
I googled it and I guess it is common for it to take ages. I have a good connection here at home. I changed the video type and it uploaded in about 45 minutes. I listed it as "unlisted". Here is the link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lX163UU8qE&feature=youtu.be). I have no clue if it will work!

Nice video! ! ! ! I love doing that to my hair, although I haven't tried it the way you did, I usually only use two, but I'll have to try three. :)

This is my channel!

www.youtube.com/holistichabits

So far I have a 5 steps to healthy hair (natural haircare) .. honey lightening, damage free hair styles.. I'm going to be putting up a lot more soon. It's basically a natural /organic beauty channel:)

Wow, nice videos! I like how you explain things! :D

MintChocChip
August 14th, 2012, 03:27 AM
Mint...I love your voice, you are very sweet sounding. Probably not what you wanted to hear. LOL

Did I miss a Gibson Tuck link from Franny? I thought it was a French Roll/twist.

Yay Jojo for fixing your link! I had a great time comparing accents with everyone. Do English accents vary that much? Jojo you sound more Scottish. Gee I hope I am not offending anyone. Franny I expected you to have an accent but you don't? At least not to my ears. My husband said you sound like you are from Wisconsin, which is close enough to Canada.

Ok so anyway, I managed to flip the video right, edit out the very beginning and the part where I trip over my foot stool. I also took a screen shot of the finished product. Then I decided the instructions are not the best and you cannot see my fingering at all and so what is the point. LOL. I think I would have to do a close up of how I begin it, then back the camera up to do the finishing and splice them together (which I don't yet know how to do).

So far it has been fun.

Thank you! :flower: Hehe, I don't mind being 'sweet sounding' at all :)

It's funny you mention about accents, I love jojo's accent too but I wouldn't have put it down as Scottish. I can't quite place it but I was going to say she's definitely Northern. Yorkshire maybe? :confused: And yeah, I'd say English accents can vary quite a lot! :) Just the same as any country really!
It's funny also when you say Franny doesn't have an accent, because she definitely has one to my ears! I guess it's just what you're used to hearing! :D

Lize
August 14th, 2012, 04:20 AM
Alrighty, tutorial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgACVv8nZFA) on the lazy wrap bun, done!

I LOVE this! It's the first time I understood the two loops of this bun and got it to stay more than a minute. :D My hair is still a tad too thick for this bun at this length but with a couple of more inches I am sure I can wear it out of the house. :)

FrannyG
August 14th, 2012, 06:56 AM

Thank you! :flowers: It's great to know I didn't make a fool of myself putting up those videos for nothing. :)

This is my channel!

www.youtube.com/holistichabits (http://www.youtube.com/holistichabits)

Very nice and informative videos! :flower:

Franny, thanks for the Southern tease video, I loved the look of it, but thought that there was no way my hair would hold it. :flowers:

Thank you. :flower: That was another one that I had to figure out how to adapt. I'm glad it works for you.

So far it has been fun.
WSL, I don't know how I could have an accent similar to that in Wisconsin, as it is an eleven hour drive from here! :D I only live an hour away from Buffalo, NY, but they have completely different accents than we do. In another direction, I am an hour away from Toronto, and they speak exactly as I do. I have a typical Southern Ontario accent, I believe.

In my original post in this thread, I later added the link to my channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/frannyshairstyles/videos) of six videos, for those who didn't want to just see a French Twist and are unfamiliar with "channels" on YouTube. So yes, you missed my Gibson Tuck and Southern Tease. I would be interested if you could adapt something similar for your length.

I really liked your video. I have yet to master the art of the paranda, but now I'm dying to try it. Your voice is lovely. Lovely, I tell you. I much prefer it to some of the squeaky/baby-voiced young women I hear on YouTube so much. :blossom:

It's funny also when you say Franny doesn't have an accent, because she definitely has one to my ears! I guess it's just what you're used to hearing! :D

It's true. We all have accents in one form or another. Only the newscasters in our respective countries have consistent accents, it seems. However, when I was in England, everyone thought I was American, until I told them otherwise. I know I don't sound American though. :)

WaitingSoLong
August 14th, 2012, 07:09 AM
Yeah I am not even sure what a Wisconsin accent is supposed to sound like. I know people from upstate NY and they sound sort of like Minnesotans. FrannyG, you may be the first Canadian I ever heard speak (except in movies where they make fun of Canadian accents).

MintChocChip
August 14th, 2012, 07:14 AM
It's true. We all have accents in one form or another. Only the newscasters in our respective countries have consistent accents, it seems. However, when I was in England, everyone thought I was American, until I told them otherwise. I know I don't sound American though. :)

I think a lot of English people are shocking when it comes to distinguishing American accents from Canadian accents, but of course they're different. I think it doesn't help matters that we get a lot of American TV shows in the UK and not many Canadian ones. Lots of people think I'm from South Africa for some reason though! Or Australia/New Zealand! And I don't think I sound like I'm from any of those places! :D

Aqua Gal
August 14th, 2012, 07:23 AM
OMG. I love this thread. You gals are a trip.

No, I don't have a vid because I'm CHICKEN.

I love watching all of yours, though.

Alexandriaweb
August 14th, 2012, 07:23 AM
Here is my channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Queensofthewild/videos
I only have a couple of hair tutorials so far but I want to make more, hopefully I will be able to get an external mic and a better camera soon :)

LadyLongLocks
August 14th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Fixed!

Good video! I have tried it both ways. Not sure which one holds better on me. This bun usually needs to be re-done in a few hours. The whole hair stick thing has never been something that holds all day for me.

You have very pretty hair Bene.

I have to agree that making videos can be a huge and stressful project!
Thanks for your contribution :)

LadyLongLocks
August 14th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Youtube videos can be embedded with a code to other sites.

With youtubes new channel design, it is now a little harder to navagate for some people.

I posted my bun tutorials HERE (http://jjjlonghairphotopage.zoomshare.com/4.html) on my personal hair page. It's a quieter place for sure.

To embed a video on your own site/blog (not facebook) go to your video on the page at youtube. click SHARE then EMBED. I click the "Use old embed code" box and use the 480x360 or 640x480 size screen. Now copy the code.

I have not made a bun video in a while. I just have not had the time or desire.
My motivation has been zapped dealing with a family members illness.

I hope to do some videos again someday, although I have enough up already actually.

MintChocChip
August 14th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Ok, I made another one. :bigeyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdAGj39nbkQ&feature=g-upl

This is a video response from Loepsie's Braided Crown tutorial.

Fairlight63
August 14th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Very good video MintChocChip! Your hair is so beautiful!

WaitingSoLong
August 14th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Mint you have the perfect face for updo's! :envy:

MintChocChip
August 14th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Thank you Fairlight63 and WaitingSoLong for your sweet comments! :)

Shepherdess
August 14th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Thank you! :flowers: It's great to know I didn't make a fool of myself putting up those videos for nothing. :)

Very nice and informative videos! :flower:

Thank you. :flower: That was another one that I had to figure out how to adapt. I'm glad it works for you.

WSL, I don't know how I could have an accent similar to that in Wisconsin, as it is an eleven hour drive from here! :D I only live an hour away from Buffalo, NY, but they have completely different accents than we do. In another direction, I am an hour away from Toronto, and they speak exactly as I do. I have a typical Southern Ontario accent, I believe.

In my original post in this thread, I later added the link to my channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/frannyshairstyles/videos) of six videos, for those who didn't want to just see a French Twist and are unfamiliar with "channels" on YouTube. So yes, you missed my Gibson Tuck and Southern Tease. I would be interested if you could adapt something similar for your length.

I really liked your video. I have yet to master the art of the paranda, but now I'm dying to try it. Your voice is lovely. Lovely, I tell you. I much prefer it to some of the squeaky/baby-voiced young women I hear on YouTube so much. :blossom:

I looked through this thread until I found your video channel, and I must say you do a good job and I hear no accent in your voice. But I find it funny since I was raised in Wisconsin. So maybe it is true that there are similarities in accents.

But, yeah, everyone does have their own accent and their own voice.

Yeah I am not even sure what a Wisconsin accent is supposed to sound like. I know people from upstate NY and they sound sort of like Minnesotans. FrannyG, you may be the first Canadian I ever heard speak (except in movies where they make fun of Canadian accents).

I have a Wisconsin accent I think, since I was raised there. :)

WaitingSoLong
August 14th, 2012, 12:49 PM
I have had people around here tell me I have an accent and ask me where I am from. My guess would be it's an east coast accent, since most of my upbringing was that direction. I lived in Va. Beach longer than anywhere else, except here where I have been the last dozen years or so.

Is there a way to put videos (or link them) on yor profiles?

MintChocChip
August 15th, 2012, 02:19 PM
I have had people around here tell me I have an accent and ask me where I am from. My guess would be it's an east coast accent, since most of my upbringing was that direction. I lived in Va. Beach longer than anywhere else, except here where I have been the last dozen years or so.

Is there a way to put videos (or link them) on yor profiles?

Hmm, I don't see why you couldn't link the videos on your profile (maybe in the About Me section?)

I'm sure that would probably work.

Lize
August 15th, 2012, 02:54 PM

That's a nice style. I think I will try it later. :)

Juanita
August 16th, 2012, 05:44 AM
Wow ladies such great inspiration. Thank you for sharing

MintChocChip
August 16th, 2012, 05:46 AM
That's a nice style. I think I will try it later. :)

Thanks! :) Loepsie's original video probably explains it better if you fancied checking hers out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdWebRszxJA :D

mrs_coffee
August 16th, 2012, 08:05 AM
I'll play!

It a "Big Chop" video, but I love it. It reminds me of my state of mind when I decided to cut my hair, and so I'll never forget how excited I was when I did cut. It makes it easy to have no regrets. I'm SO HAPPY I made this video with my cellphone. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWhUVoooE4Y

(Only warning for watchers: I mention that I was poor (college student!) and so I needed to cut it myself. Some people have said they found that a little sad for such an upbeat video , but I thought it was just an honest statement.)

That was fun to watch. "Cheap adventures for poor people" made me LOL. You are so cute and I love the end result.

mrs_coffee
August 16th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Fixed!

I thought your tutorial was great. I finally figured out how to do the lazy wrap after watching you. Thank you for going slow!

Kayla Nyx
August 16th, 2012, 01:35 PM
I'll play :) here is my video on how to do a twisty bun, I used to think this was the pencil bun, but i believe im wrong now. if anyone knows what kind of bun this is please do tell! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SXpSSp4bjg&feature=plcp

i also have 2 hair update videos

Accalia
August 16th, 2012, 02:35 PM

Ah thanks! This was actually very informative and helpful! :D

MintChocChip
August 16th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Ah thanks! This was actually very informative and helpful! :D

Oh good! :) Let me know how it goes if you try it, I'd love to see a pic of it in the braid thread! :D

Accalia
August 16th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Oh good! :) Let me know how it goes if you try it, I'd love to see a pic of it in the braid thread! :D

I will do that! :flower:

DakarNick
September 22nd, 2012, 05:27 PM
OOh I think I have an idea for a video...me doing a flip on my trampoline with my hair loose. LOL!

Still waiting! :D

WaitingSoLong
September 23rd, 2012, 06:24 AM
Well I don't have anyway to film it yet. LOL

morguebabe
September 23rd, 2012, 06:48 AM
I have some on http://www.youtube.com/user/TipsfromMissMorgue/videos?flow=grid&view=0

bunzfan
September 23rd, 2012, 07:10 AM
I have a few, link in signature. i will be checking all the links out:D i'm told my cheater's nautilus is useful http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn4RvwI4J3U&feature=plcp

DakarNick
September 23rd, 2012, 05:56 PM
Well I don't have anyway to film it yet. LOL

You mean a camera or a way to hold the camera?

hypersensitive
September 23rd, 2012, 09:18 PM
I love watching hair tutorials! Thanks for sharing! I watched every one so far =D

Here is my channel. (https://www.youtube.com/user/HyperSensitive88/videos?flow=grid&view=0) There's only 2 videos so far and only one is a tutorial for hairstyle. The other is the long hair care tag. Please watch, like, and comment!

Lize
September 24th, 2012, 02:11 AM
I love watching hair tutorials! Thanks for sharing! I watched every one so far =D

Here is my channel. (https://www.youtube.com/user/HyperSensitive88/videos?flow=grid&view=0) There's only 2 videos so far and only one is a tutorial for hairstyle. The other is the long hair care tag. Please watch, like, and comment!

Cool ponytail style. You have beautiful hair!

Helen W
September 24th, 2012, 04:13 AM
There are some lovely videos on youtube of people brushing really long hair :-)

MintChocChip
September 24th, 2012, 04:44 AM

Oh my goodness, you have such lovely hair! :thud:

WaitingSoLong
September 24th, 2012, 08:14 AM
You mean a camera or a way to hold the camera?

A way to hold the camera. I have a digital camera that can take videos which is how I got my other (one and only) video linked earlier in the thread (paranda tutorial).

I could probably find a way if I really wanted to but I haven't taken the time to figure it out. I am sure I have a ladder or something that would work.

MaryMarx
September 24th, 2012, 12:42 PM

I think your hair is the most beautiful hair I've ever seen. :o

WaitingSoLong
September 28th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Ok I think I will make another video. What should I do?

1. Me doing a back-flip on the trampoline with my hair loose (I promise this will be much more dull that you would imagine)

2. 4 to 3 stranded hair braid tutorial.

3. "L" style infinity bun tutorial (as opposed to cinnabun/flip style)

4. My Christmas Bun (WSL original) tutorial

5. Other...suggestions?

I think blonde hair is easy to see in tutorials. Sometimes I get frustrated when trying to learn something and all the videos are of dark hair and I just cannot see what is going on with the actual hair.

Shepherdess
September 28th, 2012, 01:11 PM

1. Me doing a back-flip on the trampoline with my hair loose (I promise this will be much more dull that you would imagine)

5. Other...suggestions?

I think blonde hair is easy to see in tutorials. Sometimes I get frustrated when trying to learn something and all the videos are of dark hair and I just cannot see what is going on with the actual hair.

Number 1! ! ! ! :cheese:
:p

Just be careful not to hurt yourself!:o

hypersensitive
September 28th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Cool ponytail style. You have beautiful hair!

Oh my goodness, you have such lovely hair! :thud:

I think your hair is the most beautiful hair I've ever seen. :o

Awww thanks Lize, MintChocChip, and MaryMarx! :D:D:D

I always manage to film when I'm sick. Guess that's when I have the most free time! lol...

LadyLongLocks
September 28th, 2012, 03:37 PM

5. Other...suggestions?

# 3 please, the L style Infinity.

WaitingSoLong
September 28th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Well I went out to the trampoline today to see if I can even do a back flip with my hair loose. My dd was out there with me and just jumping on the thing with my hair loose caused her to giggle, as it would bounce up and frame my body in a wild sort of medusa thing. She said it would be cool to take a pic while the hair was up and out...I told her I can video it and then take a picture from the video to freeze frame the perfect moment.

Anyway, as for the flip...

I will need some more practice. I honestly wasn't sure what my hair would do when I went into the flip, I envisioned it staying tight to my back from centrifugal force.

That is NOT what it does. It immediately comes up and over my head, effectively blinding me by the time I am half into the flip. Consequently, I cannot land the flip because I cannot see my feet vs. the matt which is, apparently, how I land them upright. So the landing is more...

on my face.

Which WOULD make for a really funny video but....

No.

I will keep practicing.

In the mean time, I agree with LLL, since the L infinity video seems ot be missing from YouTube nowadays.

I can't remember, can I make some videos private and some public on Youtube or do they all have to be one way or the other on the same account? I have only ever posted one to this point. I am still in the huge learning curve.

Anyway, I will put it on my list for next week.

bunzfan
October 4th, 2012, 06:07 AM
Waitingsolong i look forward to seeing some of you video's. I think i owe this thread a big thank you as i have about 7 new subscribers , so i made some new video's. Thanks if any of you subscribed:happydance:

MrsGuther
October 4th, 2012, 11:22 AM
I don't have any hair videos on YouTube... Yet. :)

lapushka
October 4th, 2012, 11:33 AM
WaitingSoLong, I'm subbed to your YT channel and noticed all the lovely buns you did today! Amazing, loved it, and I just wanted to tell you that! :thumbsup:

MaRo
October 4th, 2012, 11:52 AM
i have some hairstyle videos.. :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/schmetterlinchen

_Oasis_
October 4th, 2012, 12:21 PM
I love this thread! I find it incredibly helpful. Thank you everyone for sharing. :) I don't have a hair video on Youtube. I did make a blog post on my haircare product favorites, though. Here is a link -

http://xmyoasis.blogspot.com/2012/04/my-current-favorite-haircare-items.html

I might do a follow up post soon, because some things in my regime have changed.

WaitingSoLong
October 16th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Ok I DO have a YouTube channel WaitingSoLong13 (http://www.youtube.com/user/waitingsolong13?feature=results_main) if you want to check it out. I am uploading 2 more videos today as requested on the BB, Gibralter and Cinnabun with spin pins.

Already up there are: "L" Infinity, Nautilus, Lazy Wrap, Hypno and my Celtis Christmas Bun.

NO trampoline video yet.