PDA

View Full Version : I swear my hair grows less in the summer

Rufflebutt
August 9th, 2012, 08:48 AM
I swear it. It feels like my hair is just inching along. I barely have an inch of roots after two months of growing out my dye.

In the winter I'd always be very peeved because 2 weeks after I dye it I would have about 3/4 of an inch of roots already showing and I'd have to dye it again. Now I WANT more roots and it's just inching by. XD

It's like my scalp wants to spite me.

VioletCurlyhair
August 9th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Yeah, me too! And it also seems as though it grows faster in winter. I guess it's like that for some people, because I've seen others say/type that their hair grows faster in the summer.

MinderMutsig
August 9th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Half an inch per month is still pretty decent. In fact it's exactly the average. You're just lucky in winter that you get even more.

My hair also stalls in summer and grows most in winter but my stall means it comes to a dead stop. No growth whatsoever. Then during winter I get around 3/4 inch a month.

spidermom
August 9th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Not only can it vary from season to season, but I remember reading somewhere that each hair on your head has it's own growth cycle. It's impossible to generalize.

leslissocool
August 9th, 2012, 10:11 AM
My hair grows way faster in winter too!

kitschy
August 9th, 2012, 10:16 AM
My growth crawls in the summer. I can't say that I get great growth in the winter, but at least it is growth

elea
August 9th, 2012, 11:28 AM
oh, i was told the hair grew faster in the sun many time.
but i never checked.

domisimone
August 9th, 2012, 11:33 AM
I think my hair grows faster in the summer, but now I'm tempted to put some sort of marking on a section so I can measure my roots!

Alva
August 9th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Mine grows faster whatever season but summer. I have been tracking my results since around 2004, when i first started visiting hair care boards, and it is always the same result. Winter and fall are best for me, spring a bit less and summer is just really bad