PDA

View Full Version : I have returned! Journey update too.

Smokie
August 8th, 2012, 10:45 PM
I've been without internet for a couple years now and just got a phone which can handle forums. In September 2009 I moved to Alaska. Shortly thereafter, I realized most of my length was thinning to the point of gross from many years of chemical dyes so I hacked it off to a curly bob and stopped coloring. Then I hacked it off again once my line of demarcation was close enough to my shoulders when stretched. I haven't cut or trimmed (beyond the odd knot or split) since mid-2010. Now my hair is completely natural, just shy of waist-length stretched, and lovely but in need of a trim. I still CWC with my Nature's Gate Henna Shine conditioner and Burt's Bees Color Keeper shampoo a couple times a week, wear it up chronically, and slather it in coconut (and EVOO too now) oil, conditioner, and aloe gel regularly.

I missed y,all!

AnnaJamila
August 8th, 2012, 11:58 PM
Welcome back, though I guess I didn't know you! :)

joflakes
August 9th, 2012, 01:01 AM
Your hair sounds lovely! Well done on getting rid of all the bad stuff, and welcome back!

MrsGuther
August 14th, 2012, 11:12 PM
Welcome back! :)

kpzra
August 14th, 2012, 11:37 PM
I'm jealous. I can't wait to get back to Alaska. We're Valley trash though. ;)

Smokie
August 15th, 2012, 04:25 AM
Awww! Thanks y'all! My hair is much lovelier now than in the last pictures I posted here. The ends are getting dinky again though, so I'll have to trim a couple inches soon. My diet is rather poor, hence, unimpressive but still nice hair.

I love it up here most if the time. Just wish I could visit my family and friends in Texas. I don't make friends easily, so I don't really have anyone but my fiancé up here. I don't mind the valley, but I wouldn't want to live there. We want to settle near Soldotna on the Kenai. :)

Guenever
August 15th, 2012, 06:47 AM
Welcome back! I came back in January after a loooooooong break :)

Lauram
August 15th, 2012, 06:56 AM
Welcome back! Good job on growing your hair thus far. It sounds beautiful.

JoieBruce
August 15th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Welcome back! I just returned after a long break, too.

spirals
August 15th, 2012, 08:51 AM
I'm new, so I didn't know you, but welcome back. The same thing happened to me with internet and my other favorite forum. I think I was gone for 2 years. Now I'm a lifer. Anyway, I'd love to see your pic in the curly waist inspiration thread. My first goal is waist, but after that, waist when curly. I'm hoping I'm there by spring, and curly hip by the end of 2013.

1nuitblanche
August 15th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Welcome back! Even though you weren't here, it sounds like you were in spirit, taking good care of your hair.

kpzra
August 15th, 2012, 01:10 PM
I love it up here most if the time. Just wish I could visit my family and friends in Texas. I don't make friends easily, so I don't really have anyone but my fiancé up here. I don't mind the valley, but I wouldn't want to live there. We want to settle near Soldotna on the Kenai. :)

My favorite place to camp is still Hope. The Kenai is so pretty. We live(d) in Wasilla because my husband is/was on the Fire Department.

lapushka
August 15th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Welcome back! :)

jacqueline101
October 23rd, 2012, 09:45 PM
Welcome back its always great being on here.

Micayla47
October 23rd, 2012, 11:21 PM
welcome back and well done growing your hair out! it's beautiful, especially the color!