PDA

View Full Version : It grew!!

Strelitzia
August 7th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Hiya!!

I just had to share my joy :D

My hair has grown 3 inches at least in the last 4 weeks! It may not be the most impressive growth BUT my hair has been the same length for 4 years so... party!!! :joy:

I was actually getting worried that I'd hit terminal already at around 29in because of the lack of growth - looking back at photos my braid has been in the exact same place for ages. I hadn't trimmed for these 4 years.

Then in May I decided to trim off 2 inches as it was looking tired and damaged. I trimmed another 1/2-1in at the start of July. And now... it's all back with more! :happydance: Now I'm measuring in at 33in!

I don't know if it was the trimming or the really huge never-had-one-like-it shed in April that kicked my hair into growing again but long may it continue :)

My hair is the curliest and softest it's ever been too thanks to the LHC! Love to all you lovelies :D

Redhead Rebel
August 7th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Hiya!!

My hair has grown 3 inches at least in the last 4 weeks! It may not be the most impressive growth BUT my hair has been the same length for 4 years so... party!!! :joy:

I was actually getting worried that I'd hit terminal already at around 29in because of the lack of growth - looking back at photos my braid has been in the exact same place for ages. I hadn't trimmed for these 4 years.

Then in May I decided to trim off 2 inches as it was looking tired and damaged. I trimmed another 1/2-1in at the start of July. And now... it's all back with more! :happydance: Now I'm measuring in at 33in!

I don't know if it was the trimming or the really huge never-had-one-like-it shed in April that kicked my hair into growing again but long may it continue :)

My hair is the curliest and softest it's ever been too thanks to the LHC! Love to all you lovelies :D

Wow thats awesome growth! I wish my hair would grow like that. Do you take any supplements etc?

MissCoco
August 7th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Wow, hooray for the awesome growth spurt! It's especially nice to have one as a curly, isn't it? :D Also, it's strange how huge sheds seem to precede huge growth spurts...or at least, that's what I've noticed personally and have read about a few other people's experiences.

Anyway, enjoy the longer length! Glad to know this community has been helpful for you :)

(P.S. Your curls look so beautiful in your avatar pic!)

Lostsoule77
August 7th, 2012, 07:05 PM
That is great! It seems a lot of people get growth spurts after a trim. I'm hoping it keeps growing. :D

Logi Bear
August 7th, 2012, 07:18 PM
It was probably the shed! : ) I'm happy for you! your hair grows from your roots obviously, not your ends. My mom has is always telling me that I need to trim my hair regularly if I want it to grow... she has been trying to grow out her hair since I was like born and she has never been able to do it.. and no wonder, because she cuts her hair so much!

KwaveT
August 7th, 2012, 07:36 PM
That is some amazing growth. I know you are upbeat since you have that much trouble growing hair. I try to speed my growth with supplements and everybody keeps telling me how my hair has grown but nothing as fast as what you described here.

Lauram
August 7th, 2012, 07:39 PM
That is awesome! I'm glad you were able to get back your length!

MeowScat
August 7th, 2012, 07:44 PM
3 inches in 1 month?! That's six months of growth for me. Whatever you're doing, keep doing it! I don't think I've ever had a growth spurt, just stalls.

Congratulations on your new super power!

Witherwood
August 7th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Nice! Congrats! Thats great hair growth for the small amount of time, trimming my hair usually helps it grow in faster as well. So glad to hear that after four years your hair had a great growth spurt. Woot!

Falcore
August 7th, 2012, 09:57 PM
That is very impressive growth. Congrats!!!

Humbug454
August 8th, 2012, 10:04 AM
3 inches in 4 weeks? Amazing growth! Congratulations :)

palaeoqueen
August 8th, 2012, 10:09 AM
That's a huge amount of growth, do you have any pics?

Strelitzia
August 23rd, 2012, 11:58 AM
Hi!

Sorry taking SO long to reply, I had issues with this computer and that left the laptop which doesn't let me post on LHC because of the Internet browser I use :rant:

Anyway, all is back to normal so I can roam LHC again! :)

Thank you very much for all your messages, I'm still enjoying my new found length, and am still noticing how my braid reaches that much longer over my shoulder and keep getting it caught when doing up my bra as I'm not used to it being there :D

I was taking a multi-vitamin plus extra Vit D but I'd been doing that for 6 months with no growth so can only assume it was that really bad shed that did it. So most definitely a silver lining.

I haven't taken any after pics but think I have some before pics so will see what I can come up with!

LoveSnap
August 23rd, 2012, 12:16 PM
That is some great growth! I need to get on whatever you are doing!

missketi
August 23rd, 2012, 12:18 PM
Congratulations on your growth:)

BrightEyes
August 23rd, 2012, 12:36 PM
Wow, that is amazing growth! That's wonderful. I love your curls:)

kitekats
August 23rd, 2012, 12:42 PM
Share your hair secret;)

WickedLady
August 23rd, 2012, 12:45 PM
Hiya!!

I'd be lucky to get 1" in a year. How'd u do it?

MrsGuther
August 23rd, 2012, 02:29 PM
Wow!! That's a lot of growth! I'd love to see pictures!