PDA

View Full Version : - Going Virgin, help with updos??

RedheadMistress
August 7th, 2012, 04:45 PM
- Taken a good hard look at my hair and every time a bit of healthy virgin hair grows out I bleach it and dye it pink/red but now I've decided to stop .

I just imagine how nice it will look when my hair is down to my lower back and only the tips are red/pink . .

Only thing is, the whole getting there is gonna look awful .
Does anyone have any good advice for hair do's or something that would make it look less obvious and bad ?

One thing I thought up is doing 2 french braids, with a messy part, so it's not Too obvious . .

If the difference wasnt so obvious I'd be fine but my natural hair colour is dark brown and this is pink/red lol and my natural hair is cuurrrlly and this damaged hair is wavy-ish . . and I don't even feel good having it down anymore, it's That bad !

Heelp :D

jillosity
August 7th, 2012, 05:24 PM
ETA: why not dye your length brown to match your roots? since your hair is bleached and porous it might go very dark quickly, but a light/medium brown permanent dye might solve your dilemna

In the same sort of boat, my natural shade is a medium auburn but I henndigo'd it black, and have a super deep jet black band all around my head from henndigo-ing virgin hair. I have just a bit of roots so far but I'm planning to use temporary color to cover the crazy contrast, and I started using monistat to increase my rate of growth (and it's working so far!!)

What about using the red/pink dye on your virgin hair without bleaching? Or just doing a gentle bleach, then dyeing, for a few months to soften the line? It is awkward as h*!! to be sure, but you're not alone ;)

Personally, I wear my hair up all the time and have considered headbands of some sort. but I don't like things like that on my head. I just keep visualizing having very long hair in my natural shade, never having roots to touch up, never having damage from hair color of any kind. Seeing how long my hair will grow if I'm not coloring (I've never been below BSL because I've always colored) crazy long braid waves.... hmmm nice thoughts! Also I am using coconut oil, and just trying to take the best care I can.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

akilina
August 7th, 2012, 05:34 PM
II am going natural too, but I am going to do a color correction first to get it to match as closely as possible.
If your natural color is black or dark, you could make yourself some parandi's out of yarn of your choice and braid it into a braid and make yourself a braided bun. I think this would blend that style very nicely because it would appear that something of your natural color is incorporated into your length.
You could also do some sorts of french braids into the fringe sections of your hair with a nice side part, if that makes sense.
Also, perhaps get yourself or make yourself some really interesting hair toys that take away from looking at your roots, and make people want to look at your super cool hair toys.
Is any sort of color correction completely not an option?

Madora
August 7th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Only thing that comes to mind is the Gibson Tuck:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=49

CurlyCap
August 7th, 2012, 08:25 PM
I say rock the red ends. In a few years, you won't have the color anymore so you might as well enjoy it while you can.

Also, red tends to fade to a pretty pink and then to nothing. Hopefully you'll end up with some "bleached only" ends that you can just make match your roots or maybe even henna to a nice dark red until you trim them off.

tambalina
August 7th, 2012, 09:26 PM
I love dark roots in braids. It gives the updo an extra dimension.

Here is a website I love reviewing when I want to change up my weaving patterns. My favorite braid is the "Wedding Braid." (Third row down, three to the right.)
http://www.dreamweaverbraiding.com/braid_examples/braid_examples_vari.htm