PDA

View Full Version : Hair/Scalp Issues

Witherwood
August 7th, 2012, 02:27 PM
Okay. So I noticed that I shed a lot and my scalp gets very itchy when I shampoo and my scalp is also very sensitive, it feels in areas like I have had it up in a tight ponytail all day, though I don't ever do that and my hair breaks very easily. I don't ever blow dry my hair and I don't use cone shampoo's anymore, yet the problems remain. I used to have a very hard head and it was never sensitive like how it is now. I also noticed how my braid keeps getting thinner and thinner. Anyone have any ideas or advice?

nobeltonya
August 7th, 2012, 03:11 PM
I shampoo, condition and use leave-in daily in the morning. The night before, I apply coconut oil heavily on scalp and length and massage nicely. It has helped both the thickness and strength of my hair. And I never get itchy unless I DON'T wash it.. also, don't leave shampoo on for more than 1-2 minutes. My hair likes cones.. you just have to keep experimenting.. maybe some product you're applying is irritating your scalp? What are you doing differently now that you weren't doing before you started with these problems? :disco:

EndlessSunshine
August 7th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Try a sulfate free shampoo. I have been having scalp problems every time I clarify. We have hard water here so I need to clarify on occasion but every time I do it I end up with itchy scalp and acne or something. I started doing a white vinegar rinse after every CO wash in the hopes of needing to clarify less. Also oiling once a week with an oil of choice. I have been massaging my scalp everyday for about three weeks now. I definitely have noticed my baby hairs are getting longer. Best wishes for your scalp.

Witherwood
August 7th, 2012, 03:19 PM
I shampoo, condition and use leave-in daily in the morning. The night before, I apply coconut oil heavily on scalp and length and massage nicely. It has helped both the thickness and strength of my hair. And I never get itchy unless I DON'T wash it.. also, don't leave shampoo on for more than 1-2 minutes. My hair likes cones.. you just have to keep experimenting.. maybe some product you're applying is irritating your scalp? What are you doing differently now that you weren't doing before you started with these problems? :disco:

Thanks so much for the reply.

I notice my scalp does feel a little less sensitive when I do coconut oil. But shampooing is like killer for me. It has gotten to the point where I dread it. It started when my hair got to about shoulder length, and I cant think of anything I really started to do different. For a long time I thought that maybe the weight of my hair was causing it. :shrug: But now after reading some of the forums, I decided that it couldn't be that and had to be something else. I will try coconut oil more frequently and take your advice on experimenting with different things. Thanks again!

Witherwood
August 7th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Try a sulfate free shampoo. I have been having scalp problems every time I clarify. We have hard water here so I need to clarify on occasion but every time I do it I end up with itchy scalp and acne or something. I started doing a white vinegar rinse after every CO wash in the hopes of needing to clarify less. Also oiling once a week with an oil of choice. I have been massaging my scalp everyday for about three weeks now. I definitely have noticed my baby hairs are getting longer. Best wishes for your scalp.

Great idea! I have not tired sulfate free shampoo yet. We have really hard water here as well. I will also try the white wine vinegar rinse as well. Thanks so much! :D