PDA

View Full Version : A Funny Trim Story, plus pics!

Angela_Rose
August 7th, 2012, 07:31 AM
Hi, folks.

My baby brother got married this past weekend, so I went to the hairdresser to have her trim my bangs back.
I also gathered my intestinal fortitude and asked her to clean up my hemline a bit.

Thankfully, Cassandra is a terrific lady and stylist. She's the daughter of my mother's co-worker, which is how Mom found her. I'd been thinking of getting bangs for ages (way beyond the two-week rule) so I went in with Mom in June to have the bangs done.
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-NdULgH8eAlc/T9EIHEYAlUI/AAAAAAAAV28/4A2VESCp5Lg/s576/2012-06-07_15-34-23_334.jpg
I cried a little when I got the bangs.
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-u-9gWKna3Z4/T9EItWz1PGI/AAAAAAAAV3k/eMfTd5yFffY/s576/2012-06-07_15-36-12_28.jpg
Here's the finished product, after my first non-trim haircut in nine years:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ClEqT2ukylc/T9EK8FlJAJI/AAAAAAAAV6E/Fz3yKKSqs7Q/s576/2012-06-07_15-54-25_131.jpg
I had a great experience back in June, so I was happy to go back to Cassandra to have my bangs trimmed.
When I asked for the hemline trim, she said "are you sure?" and, using the comb that I brought, measured out what little hair she would take off to make sure my ends were even and clean. She was very understanding of how protective I am of my hair, and was very accommodating to my needs. She was also very complimentary about the condition of my hair and how well I take care of what is really a staggering (to most!) amount of hair.

Now the funny part:
This chair is up as high as it goes.
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-YX6FrQEG5ZU/UB_ymsdY11I/AAAAAAAAYtI/jXYWpV7J6ho/s1024/Nick%2520%2526%2520Brittany%2527s%2520wedding%2520 008.JPG
And here's Cassandra, practically sitting on the floor to cut my hair.
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-UfAjAfzcuyE/UB_y-G8kMGI/AAAAAAAAYuE/OfQpHErJk5w/s1024/Nick%2520%2526%2520Brittany%2527s%2520wedding%2520 013.JPG

If it's okay, Mods, I'm putting a plug for Cassandra's salon in here. I'm not a big endorser of products/services, but I figure if someone else in the area would like a terrific experience with someone who is very careful with us longhairs, it can't hurt to toss this in my post.
Vanity Hair Salon,
979 Main St,
Wakefield MA
(781) 245-5040

I get my hair done by Cassandra, but the other girls in the salon are exceedingly friendly and seem to be very receptive to helping longhairs!
They also use all vegan products for shampoo, conditioner, etc, and Cassandra at least will use the blow dryer on 'cold,' rather than 'hot.'

PinkyCat
August 7th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Oooooh you can do a *bazillion* things with those bangs! Looks great!

Micayla47
August 7th, 2012, 07:48 AM
i love the long bangs!

Angela_Rose
August 7th, 2012, 07:54 AM
Oooooh you can do a *bazillion* things with those bangs! Looks great!

i love the long bangs!

Thanks, girls! Lots of friends suggested the forehead fringe, but I have no interest in looking like an eight year old or Rachel Berry. I love the longer sideswept bangs because I can braid them back for the gym or whatever, and they are much more versatile.

Mayflower
August 7th, 2012, 08:04 AM
I love the bangs, they seem really versatile and playful! And your hair looks lovely and long.

Lauram
August 7th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Thanks for letting us know about the salon! I'm near Newburyport and its good to know there is another place I can go!!

sakuraemily
August 7th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Cassnadra seems to have not-very-short hair herself. That might explain the understanding.

Amapola
August 7th, 2012, 09:50 AM
That *is* funny... Did you have to sit on a telephone book too? :D

Your bangs are great. Mine are forehead bangs... I don't know if could bear to grow them out (I trim them as soon as they start to bug me) but yours are quite inspiring. They look terrific and at the same time, as you say, you can do lots of things with them.

Angela_Rose
August 7th, 2012, 10:12 AM
I love the bangs, they seem really versatile and playful! And your hair looks lovely and long.
Thank you!

Thanks for letting us know about the salon! I'm near Newburyport and its good to know there is another place I can go!!
I'm in Haverhill. The trip to Wakefield isn't too long and it's totally worth it.

Cassnadra seems to have not-very-short hair herself. That might explain the understanding.
She's about waist length when curly, allllmost hip when she has it straightened.

That *is* funny... Did you have to sit on a telephone book too? :D

Your bangs are great. Mine are forehead bangs... I don't know if could bear to grow them out (I trim them as soon as they start to bug me) but yours are quite inspiring. They look terrific and at the same time, as you say, you can do lots of things with them.

Hahaha! She probably could've sat on the floor and done the trim!

And thank you! I'm really a fan of them. Right now, they're twisted into a tiny pompadour and pinned on the top of my head, 'cause it's hot and humid and I don't want them on my face.

Kaelee
August 7th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Those bangs look GREAT on you! If I had that hairtype I'd want bangs just like that!

spookyghost
August 7th, 2012, 10:22 AM
You look great with those bangs! Love them.

lapushka
August 7th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Your bangs look great, and it's great that you had a good experience!

KittyPTY
August 7th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Those bangs look super, congratulations of having the strenght to do it ! And i cry when i go to the hairdresser, too...

Angela_Rose
August 7th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Those bangs look GREAT on you! If I had that hairtype I'd want bangs just like that!
Thank you! They're fun to have.

You look great with those bangs! Love them.
Thank you! I love them, too!

Your bangs look great, and it's great that you had a good experience!
Thank you! I really did have a good experience. And they just moved to that new location on Main St, which is HUGE compared to the old place.

Those bangs look super, congratulations of having the strenght to do it ! And i cry when i go to the hairdresser, too...
Thank you! It wouldn't have been so bad if my mother hadn't been there to make fun of me... ;-)

dwell_in_safety
August 7th, 2012, 11:13 AM
I love longer bangs! You're right; they're a lot more versatile. I think they look better on most as well.

Angela_Rose
August 7th, 2012, 11:14 AM
I love longer bangs! You're right; they're a lot more versatile. I think they look better on most as well.

Agreed! I'm too old for little girl bangs.

jacqueline101
August 7th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Your bangs are nice.

Kosmos
August 7th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Gorgeous! And great plug! I wish I could find a good person where I am at.

Loreley
August 7th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Your bangs look great! :)

Your hair is very similar to mine. :p

jeanniet
August 7th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Love the bangs and the story! Too bad Cassandra's on the other side of the country from me.

Amber_Maiden
August 7th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Wow! That's awesome!!!

Angela_Rose
August 7th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Your bangs are nice.
Thank you!

Gorgeous! And great plug! I wish I could find a good person where I am at.
Thank you! That's why I posted about how good an experience I had- so someone in need of a shop that can help might find it.

Your bangs look great! :)

Your hair is very similar to mine. :p
Thank you! I love my hair, so yours is loved by extension!

Love the bangs and the story! Too bad Cassandra's on the other side of the country from me.
Thank you! Too bad indeed. She's pretty cool.

Wow! That's awesome!!!
Right? I'm glad to be able to share my experience with everyone.