PDA

View Full Version : Clarifying help!

Hollyfire3
August 6th, 2012, 07:12 PM
I am going away for a special event this weekend and really need my hair looks perfect, the problem is, these past two washes it is behaving a bit "off" and I worry I might need to clarify. The downside is that clarifying makes my hair freak out for longer then I really have before I need perfect hair for the event, should I just wait it out and wash with a bit more of regular shampoo? Or take a chance and clarify?

lmfbs
August 6th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Clarify then to a SMT right after. Or really really dilute your clarifying shampoo and SMT after.

Hollyfire3
August 6th, 2012, 07:27 PM
Clarify then to a SMT right after. Or really really dilute your clarifying shampoo and SMT after.

This is a good idea, I hadn't thought of it thanks! :) I will be doing this tommorow.

afu
August 6th, 2012, 07:29 PM
I would be tempted to say wait until after the event to try to fix things, often a desperate attempt to fix things ends in the issue becoming worse and it's then too late to turn back. You just have to ask yourself what would be better, the hair you're getting at the moment or post-clarify hair? Maybe add a tiny bit of baking soda to your normal shampoo, like a mini clairify if you feel you really must do something. What is it that's feeling 'off'?

Hollyfire3
August 6th, 2012, 07:38 PM
I would be tempted to say wait until after the event to try to fix things, often a desperate attempt to fix things ends in the issue becoming worse and it's then too late to turn back. You just have to ask yourself what would be better, the hair you're getting at the moment or post-clarify hair? Maybe add a tiny bit of baking soda to your normal shampoo, like a mini clairify if you feel you really must do something. What is it that's feeling 'off'?

The problem is, my hair was dry and frizzy while away last week so I bought a new strange conditioner that my hair seemed to hate (too much protein I think) then I mixed some other shampoo my hair normally only tolerates (but it makes it super shiny) in with my normal stuff to try and get some shine back, well seems like the combo of crap over the last week (the new condish and the strange shampoo) really left my hair flat, not curly, and very fuzzy. I may just do a diluted clarifying because honestly, this feels like I clarifyed and then didnt do a DT afterward, but I know I didn't clarify.