PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on PoniLox?

TeaGarden
August 6th, 2012, 06:43 PM
I'm intrigued by their claims of it never falling out. When I'm doing aerial I struggle with finding ways to keep my hair up without having the ponytail holder or pins flying out during drops. So I generally leave my hair down so I don't accidentally hit someone with them. (It's happened!)

Has anyone tried these?

https://www.ponilox.com/

lapushka
August 6th, 2012, 07:10 PM
I'm intrigued by their claims of it never falling out. When I'm doing aerial I struggle with finding ways to keep my hair up without having the ponytail holder or pins flying out during drops. So I generally leave my hair down so I don't accidentally hit someone with them. (It's happened!)

Has anyone tried these?

https://www.ponilox.com/

Looking at the "2 free matching PoniClips", not much hair is going to fit into those!

MandyBeth
August 6th, 2012, 08:00 PM
They don't even clip over a half up on me. So no go from me.

Have you tried spin pins?

TeaGarden
August 6th, 2012, 10:23 PM
They don't even clip over a half up on me. So no go from me.

Have you tried spin pins?

I have not! I honestly don't know where to find them. Whenever I go to Sally's I look for them. :/ And I'm not quite sure how to use them either.

elea
August 6th, 2012, 10:34 PM
what i find the most confortable hair do when doing acrobatics is a french plait on each side and the length tucked down into a bun with elastics. loose, it catches all over the place.

you are not supposed to bounce on the top of your head with aerials so just 1 back braid would do it.

happy flying

Natalia
August 6th, 2012, 10:41 PM
I have not! I honestly don't know where to find them. Whenever I go to Sally's I look for them. :/ And I'm not quite sure how to use them either.

my sally's doent carry spin pins but wal-mart and target do so maybe try there. i believe there is an esty seller who makes something like that too with a larger variety of sizes. as far as other styles are you long enough to do a tucked braid? a french or fishtail folded and secured with a flexi would do. just weave the flexi pin in and out of base of the brain so it wont fly out.

those pony things look cool but not very secure or roomy enough.

TeaGarden
August 6th, 2012, 11:51 PM
what i find the most confortable hair do when doing acrobatics is a french plait on each side and the length tucked down into a bun with elastics. loose, it catches all over the place.

you are not supposed to bounce on the top of your head with aerials so just 1 back braid would do it.

happy flying

I have kept my hair in twin buns before and so far it's got the longest hold.
I might not be bouncing on my head, but the speed at which I fall and spin throws whatever I have in my hair out. I can't tell you how many ponytail holders and bobby pins I've lost! :P

And yes, Natalia, my hair is long enough to tuck the braid. I'll have to try that when I get to the studio in the morning and see how long it lasts.

MandyBeth
August 7th, 2012, 12:11 AM
Flexis will pop out just doing basics in ballet. Less of a problem with small sizes. But so far, they don't hold at all in horse riding or jumping. So can't think they'd stay in aerial work.

Hair taping might work as that sews the braid down.

TeaGarden
August 7th, 2012, 12:20 AM
Flexis will pop out just doing basics in ballet. Less of a problem with small sizes. But so far, they don't hold at all in horse riding or jumping. So can't think they'd stay in aerial work.

Hair taping might work as that sews the braid down.

I hadn't thought of that before, but I guess that would really hold my hair in place.
I'm pretty bad at it so I better start practicing!

Arya
August 7th, 2012, 01:05 AM
Those teeth look like they'd be easily broken. I'm pretty sure it's also only meant for medium lengths, the weight of my hair would pull these right out.

Tisiloves
August 7th, 2012, 11:03 AM
I hadn't thought of that before, but I guess that would really hold my hair in place.
I'm pretty bad at it so I better start practicing!

Or you could try interlaced braids (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zA37CREatY), if you plaited in some ribbon or a couple of parandi you could just tie the ends together. Plus if they do start to come loose they're not going to get very far.

TeaGarden
August 7th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Or you could try interlaced braids (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zA37CREatY), if you plaited in some ribbon or a couple of parandi you could just tie the ends together. Plus if they do start to come loose they're not going to get very far.

Another great idea!

elea
August 7th, 2012, 04:56 PM
yes, hair taping works great for me too. takes a bit of work but looks great for performances and lasts few days.

i used to simply tuck the plait inside the french plaits and knot the ends safe with a strand of coton (or knotted knicker elastics) when my hair was shorter.

the problem with toys is not so much that they get broken or lost through any acrobatics; it is that the can hurt you or others.

TeaGarden
August 7th, 2012, 07:55 PM
the problem with toys is not so much that they get broken or lost through any acrobatics; it is that the can hurt you or others.

Exactly. I'm worried that they will get caught in the silks.

California Girl
August 27th, 2012, 03:07 PM
I love my Ponilox! It holds my hair all day, even through an intense cardio workout. It's made of very strong/thick plastic....would not break easily:) It's new and not available in stores yet. You can purchase at ponilox.com. Check out the step by step guide with all the styles too:). I hope this helps:)

spirals
August 28th, 2012, 10:49 PM
What about a crown braid? I don't know how you would secure it, though.

TeaGarden
August 29th, 2012, 10:41 PM
What about a crown braid? I don't know how you would secure it, though.

Yeah. I thought about a crown braid. But aside from not being very good at them, I'm not sure how to secure it. The bobby pins won't hold. :/

ddiana1979
August 29th, 2012, 11:01 PM
Goody Spin Pins are worth a try. . . many drug stores carry them, as do Walmart & Target. I use 3-4 on a bun for jogging or yoga, and it holds like a rock. They're easy to use, and light enough that if they did come out & hit someone in the head (not likely, IMO), they won't hurt.