PDA

View Full Version : Vatika oil ingredients

Sarahlabyrinth
August 6th, 2012, 05:51 PM
My Vatika Coconut enriched hair oil has the following ingredients:

Parafinum liquidum, Canola oil, Olive oil, Henna extract, Phenyl Trimethicone, Coconut oil, Parfum, Ricinus communis seed oil, Avobenzone, Rosemary oil, Vitain E, Lemon oil, BHT.

What are your opinions on these ingredients - are they damaging? I do get a nice shine when I use it but don't want to use it if it is going to cause damage.

akilina
August 6th, 2012, 06:07 PM
OOohh...you must have gotten the other kind??
Mine has: Coconut Oil, Neem, Brahmi, Fruit extracts of Amla, Bahera and Harar, Kapur Kachri, Henna, Milk, Rosemary Oil, Lemon Oil, TBHQ, Fragrance.

You must have gotten the one in the solid more dark green bottle? My bottle is sort of light minty blue green with a round dark green cap.
I have never tried the one you have. If it works for you thats all good, but I would much rather use the other one.
I forgot exactly what they changed in the other kind but I didn't like the sounds of it really.
I feel like it is possible the one I have is more nourishing because there are not any of those weird ingredients that I don't even know what they are/ how to say them.
That is my general rule of thumb though...I like products that don't have weird chemically words in the ingredients list.

afu
August 6th, 2012, 06:16 PM
I'm the same as Akilina, i've only tried the other version with the more natural list. If you do a search though there are several threads about vatika oil on here so they might be of more help. From what i've read, the one akilina and I have is the one which is commonly used here

akilina
August 6th, 2012, 06:22 PM
I'm the same as Akilina, i've only tried the other version with the more natural list. If you do a search though there are several threads about vatika oil on here so they might be of more help. From what i've read, the one akilina and I have is the one which is commonly used here
I seriously love it. I really hope that they keep making it and never replace it with the other one.
I have wondered why they made a different one...I hope it hasn't already replaced the one we are used to! :(!

Sarahlabyrinth
August 6th, 2012, 10:34 PM
:(The shop only has this one, not your one. It is in a clear bottle with a blue lid.

Silver Swan
August 7th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Well I think that the main ingredient "Parafinum liquidum" is actually just (another name for) mineral oil.

I know there are some posts on using mineral oil, and perhaps even an article by Ktani? I don't think it is damaging, but it does appear to be quite a different concoction to the Vatika Oil that akilina has!

Sorry I don't know what any of the other chemicals are :(