PDA

View Full Version : How to get henna color or red tint out of my hair?

lole18
August 6th, 2012, 05:03 PM
I hennaed it 4 months ago and i hate the color my hair is very dark brown now it has a weird red tint.. how can i get rid of it?

lmfbs
August 6th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Henna is permanent. You can't get rid of the red tint, which is why people say that you don't date henna, you marry it.

Have a look on the Henna haircare board, there are some people who have successfully removed it, although it's a very long, expensive process and has different results for everyone.

jojo
August 6th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Henna is not something to go into lightly but it is removable, I know because I've done it! But that's not saying it is possible in all cases, my hair has been pretty forgiving and has stayed in reasonable condition but in many cases scissors are the only way to get rid of it!

You could try some honey treatments to lighten it, or some vitamin c crystals in some baby shampoo or even some colour oops may help. If your really desperate bleach can be safely used on BAQ henna but as the above poster stated " you marry not date henna" I was lucky I got a divorce, but many try everything and are not as successful.