PDA

View Full Version : Is It Hair Damage?

Witherwood
August 6th, 2012, 04:46 PM
I have been having this odd thing happening with my hair for the past few months. Several strands of my hair are a different thickness. Not one hair is thicker than another.

Example - A single strand of hair that is thick then thin, then thick, then thin, all the way down the length of it.

I have many many strands of hair like this. Is it hair damage?

I tried to take a picture of it, but my camera would not pick it up. Anyone have any ideas on what is going on?

swearnsue
August 6th, 2012, 04:49 PM
I have a few of those. I think they are my grays but I have so much henna on my hair I can't tell for sure. Gray hair can have a coarser texture.

Witherwood
August 6th, 2012, 04:55 PM
I have a few of those. I think they are my grays but I have so much henna on my hair I can't tell for sure. Gray hair can have a coarser texture.

I hope I'm not going grey yet, as I am only 26, but I am half Korean and I know that most Asian people grey early in life. I have noticed that the strands that are like that are quite a bit lighter than the rest of my hair and they are definitely more coarse.

jojo
August 6th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Firstly it's not unusual to have different types of hair in the head and 26 is pretty average to find your first greys, my daughter is 18 and gets the odd one! But even if they are greys it's not the end of the world, many teenagers try to achieve grey these days with dye, it's quite trendy!

If you can't see greys then it's probably just your natural hair type! Don't fret all is good!

xoxophelia
August 6th, 2012, 06:15 PM
I don't think they are greys. I have this also and always have.. I think it is just because my hair texture has some C in it. There is a possibility it is damage though. If you haven't always had it and you use high heat on your hair, that could be the cause. Otherwise, I think it is just a genetic thing. It is also more noticeable if you have an uneven wave pattern..

Witherwood
August 6th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Thanks so much for the responses! I'm not too worried if it's grays. I wouldn't mind, I think I would look pretty cool with grey hair so young hehehe. It's probably a genetic thing, my sister has very thin hair, I have very thick hair and my youngest sister is in between, and she also has some hairs that are like that too. I never use heat on my hair, so I doubt it is that. Thanks all again so much for the responses, it is greatly appreciated!