PDA

View Full Version : "Are you growing your hair out on purpose?"

laurarvt
August 6th, 2012, 11:22 AM
I know we all get strange comments every now and then but I got this one from a family member I see a couple of times a year. I just said yes but thought it was a little weird. =)

Amber_Maiden
August 6th, 2012, 11:24 AM
haha! What a weird question to get!

jacqueline101
August 6th, 2012, 11:26 AM
I'd answer them nope it just won't stop growing. I'd be a smart elk.

brave
August 6th, 2012, 11:29 AM
No, it was a tragic accident?

akilina
August 6th, 2012, 11:35 AM
I don't really see the weirdness here...
Some people simply let their hair grow and grow and don't even really care or take great notice to it other than "wow my hair is getting long!"

If I thought like that, I am sure that would cut out a lot of stress in my life, but its not happening ^_^

jojo
August 6th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Ha yeah I get the are you growing your hair long? It's like near enough hip length so I think I can safely say yes!

alexis917
August 6th, 2012, 11:48 AM
My hair isn't long enough yet to get that question. Sigh. I'll get there one day!

Bene
August 6th, 2012, 11:54 AM
I suppose I'd only get that sort of question if I told people that I was growing my hair. I can't see it coming up unless my hair became a conversation piece, which isn't something I initiate or encourage.

sharonluvscats
August 6th, 2012, 12:36 PM
"Oops my hair got long by accident." lol That is a weird thing to say.

Witherwood
August 6th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Hehe, I have never received that question, but I do hear from a lot of people, "wow, you have more hair!" Or "Wow, you hair is getting longer." I was super happy when a lady today at the store told me how healthy my hair looked. I just smiled and told her "thank you, I've been trying to grow it out and keep it healthy."

PixxieStix
August 6th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Odd question indeed, but I suppose one could indeed grow their hair out not on purpose, they just haven't taken the time to cut it in the last few years? :)

Mischamiu
August 6th, 2012, 04:46 PM
I think some people don't grow the hair on "purpose" I have some friends like thqt who don't really care and are just too lazy to cut so it grows :D If someone asks me I will say yes, for me it's kind of a compliment because they actually notice it :blossom:

Miss Catrina
August 6th, 2012, 06:04 PM
It actually makes sense to me. A lot of people honestly do have long hair because they can't think of anything else to do with it, are too lazy to get it cut, etc.

Granted, I would think with most LHCers it would be VERY evident that the efforts are purposeful... "No, I'm drenching my head in oil for fun"

neko_kawaii
August 6th, 2012, 06:14 PM
The wording is amusing for sure. I think my MIL has finally given up saying, "My, your hair is getting long" which always perplexed me because unless I cut it that is just what it is going to do given time.

KwaveT
August 6th, 2012, 06:20 PM
I get these are you growing your hair? Then how long you plan on growing it? questions fairly frequently at my length. It has got to start looking intentional with my hair shoulder plus now. I just appreciate people for noticing.

digginit
August 6th, 2012, 07:08 PM
get that all the time. but i am a guy.

spidermom
August 6th, 2012, 07:12 PM
It doesn't sound too weird to me. Some people don't get around to getting a hair cut for various reasons, but never make a decision about wanting long hair, which is different from deciding to grow long hair "on purpose".

Natalia
August 6th, 2012, 07:21 PM
I know we all get strange comments every now and then but I got this one from a family member I see a couple of times a year. I just said yes but thought it was a little weird. =)

oh yeah i get that one often, generally followed by "oh well you should donate it to LoL and get a cute hair cut":rolleyes: :couch: :rolleyes:

Greenfire
August 6th, 2012, 08:01 PM
I totally read the question differently, if someone asked me if I was growing it out on purpose, they'd be pointing to the roots!!!

sharonluvscats
August 6th, 2012, 09:23 PM
oh yeah i get that one often, generally followed by "oh well you should donate it to LoL and get a cute hair cut":rolleyes: :couch: :rolleyes:

OMG I have been hearing that one since I hit wsl. It actually really ticks me off.

ArienEllariel
August 6th, 2012, 09:46 PM
No, I just don't own a pair of scissors.

elea
August 6th, 2012, 09:56 PM
brilliant wording, made me laugh; which is what i would probably do if i was asked.