PDA

View Full Version : Mane n tail shampoo? what do u think about it?

lole18
August 5th, 2012, 11:43 PM
my hair is curly or wavy very thin fine short and damaged LOL:cheese: i heard that mane n tail is very good for hair shedding and thinness? what do u think?

PolarCathy
August 5th, 2012, 11:46 PM
Not to sound rude, but have you tried searching? There are several MnT threads on here.

lole18
August 5th, 2012, 11:53 PM
Not to sound rude, but have you tried searching? There are several MnT threads on here.

I did but no one mentioned how it worked on curly hair :\

PolarCathy
August 5th, 2012, 11:54 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/search.php?searchid=4045140

There is a bigger chance that someone who actually uses Mane 'n Tail reads it in these threads. The top five of these threads had posts in the last 2 months, even if there's one cat thread in there too.

catamonica
August 6th, 2012, 01:58 PM
I don't know if it does anything for thinness or hair shedding. But in 2009, I heard the shampoo grows hair. I tried it. I added lots of olive oil. Then used another shampoo to wash it out. After years of no growth since high school. In 2010, my hair grew to waist. Fourteen inches. At age 54. Now its at hip. I still use it. The oil makes the hair softer. And it might have helped growth. I'm not sure. Try dehydrated minced onion or (De) chopped onion. One capful in your shampoo. It made my hair thicker. I read this on line. I am trying an experiment. Fourteen capfuls of oil with shampoo & horse shampoo. Then in another small bottle shampoo with less oil, to get the extra oil out. I want to see if my hair will grow another fourteen inches. I hope this helps your hair. And it grows like crazy!

jeanniet
August 6th, 2012, 02:12 PM
If you really are experiencing significant shedding over a period of time to the point where you have obviously less hair than you used to, you really need to work with your doctor to figure out why. Shampoos and other products are not going to resolve a health problem. You may need to improve your diet if you're deficient nutritionally, for example--vitamins are not going to give you all the benefits that a healthy diet would. So rather than trying to fix things by changing shampoo, etc., have your doctor run a complete blood panel, explain the problems you're having, and go from there. If you do have a health problem, it's better to know and deal with it.

jeanniet
August 6th, 2012, 02:18 PM
I don't know if it does anything for thinness or hair shedding. But in 2009, I heard the shampoo grows hair. I tried it. I added lots of olive oil. Then used another shampoo to wash it out. After years of no growth since high school. In 2010, my hair grew to waist. Fourteen inches. At age 54. Now its at hip. I still use it. The oil makes the hair softer. And it might have helped growth. I'm not sure. Try dehydrated minced onion or (De) chopped onion. One capful in your shampoo. It made my hair thicker. I read this on line. I am trying an experiment. Fourteen capfuls of oil with shampoo & horse shampoo. Then in another small bottle shampoo with less oil, to get the extra oil out. I want to see if my hair will grow another fourteen inches. I hope this helps your hair. And it grows like crazy!
Out of curiosity, if you're adding things to your shampoo, how can you know if the shampoo had anything to do with growth at all? I mean, it may very well have been that the added oil helped to prevent breakage--there's no way your hair didn't grow in all those years, so most likely the cause of no apparent growth was breakage--and it might have worked with any shampoo. Did you ever try the shampoo by itself and get good results? That's the only way to know for sure if it was the shampoo and not the oil, and if it was the oil, pre-shampoo oiling (or post-shampoo, for that matter) might also have good results. Most of us use oil to one degree or another as a conditioning/protective product.

catamonica
August 6th, 2012, 02:43 PM
It was the shampoo. It stayed at just past midback for years. I'm serious. It didn't grow. I think the horse shampoo has a lot of protein in it. Believe me, it would still be at just past midback. If it wasn't for that shampoo. I'm not sure if the oil helped growth or not. If I do get a lot more inches, that will tell me the oil helped. It only got to hip, because I wear it up all the time. And I had no breakage. I have been using the shampoo since 09. Haven't got a growth spurt like that since. I'm just grateful it grew. And some people do have a terminal length, where it will only grow so long. All I know is its my miracle shampoo. And help from above!

catamonica
August 6th, 2012, 02:45 PM
It was the shampoo. It stayed at just past midback for years. I'm serious. It didn't grow. I think the horse shampoo has a lot of protein in it. Believe me, it would still be at just past midback. If it wasn't for that shampoo. I'm not sure if the oil helped growth or not. If I do get a lot more inches, that will tell me the oil helped.
It only got to hip, because I wear it up all the time. And I had no breakage. I have been using the shampoo since 09. Haven't got a growth spurt like that since. I'm just grateful it grew. And some people do have a terminal length, where it will only grow so long. All I know is its my miracle shampoo. And help from above!

catamonica
August 6th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Sorry for the double post. It wouldn't connect.

akilina
August 6th, 2012, 04:15 PM
If you really are experiencing significant shedding over a period of time to the point where you have obviously less hair than you used to, you really need to work with your doctor to figure out why. Shampoos and other products are not going to resolve a health problem. You may need to improve your diet if you're deficient nutritionally, for example--vitamins are not going to give you all the benefits that a healthy diet would. So rather than trying to fix things by changing shampoo, etc., have your doctor run a complete blood panel, explain the problems you're having, and go from there. If you do have a health problem, it's better to know and deal with it.
This post sums up how I feel as well.
From your multiple threads you post of the same issues basically...every day, it seems you should truly consult with your doctor on these issues first and foremost. They can help you with advice on what you should do with your diet/supplements. The doc can recommend you an eating plan based on their professional opinion and their awareness of whatever truly might be wrong. Sure, there is much helpful advice on this website that members have offered, yet it sounds your issues are almost beyond us.
And, as above stated "Shampoos and other products are not going to resolve a health problem"

lole18
August 6th, 2012, 04:41 PM
This post sums up how I feel as well.
From your multiple threads you post of the same issues basically...every day, it seems you should truly consult with your doctor on these issues first and foremost. They can help you with advice on what you should do with your diet/supplements. The doc can recommend you an eating plan based on their professional opinion and their awareness of whatever truly might be wrong. Sure, there is much helpful advice on this website that members have offered, yet it sounds your issues are almost beyond us.
And, as above stated "Shampoos and other products are not going to resolve a health problem"

I have talked to my doctor! he says the problem is im handling my hair wrong because i'm taking my pills and nothing has changed!

amanda_the_tall
August 6th, 2012, 04:56 PM
I have talked to my doctor! he says the problem is im handling my hair wrong because i'm taking my pills and nothing has changed!

how long have you been on the pills? has the doctor re-tested to verify that you're in the 'normal' range for whatever supplements you're on? what is your daily routine like?

lole18
August 6th, 2012, 05:02 PM
how long have you been on the pills? has the doctor re-tested to verify that you're in the 'normal' range for whatever supplements you're on? what is your daily routine like?

two months.. im gonna get a blood test soon :) i finger brush my hair daily and let someone braid it for me.. and wash my hair twice to three times a week and condition then put a leave in conditioner on the ends and comb it

amanda_the_tall
August 6th, 2012, 05:07 PM
two months.. im gonna get a blood test soon :) i finger brush my hair daily and let someone braid it for me.. and wash my hair twice to three times a week and condition then put a leave in conditioner on the ends and comb it

from talking to my co-worker, who is a pharmacist, it can take several months before supplements can build up in your system. even then, two months is maybe going to be around 1" of hair, if your hair's growth rate is average. it's going to take a while for the supplements to have an effect on your hair, because it has to be absorbed by the rest of the body first, you see. when you take medicine, although you want it to help your scalp, it isn't going to go directly and only to your scalp. it's gotta be circulated and absorbed throughout your entire body. so yeah, it might be maybe 6 months before you see a significant difference, maybe more if you have a major deficiency.
your hair habits seem pretty spot on though :) i hope you get to hear from the dr. soon!

lole18
August 6th, 2012, 05:16 PM
from talking to my co-worker, who is a pharmacist, it can take several months before supplements can build up in your system. even then, two months is maybe going to be around 1" of hair, if your hair's growth rate is average. it's going to take a while for the supplements to have an effect on your hair, because it has to be absorbed by the rest of the body first, you see. when you take medicine, although you want it to help your scalp, it isn't going to go directly and only to your scalp. it's gotta be circulated and absorbed throughout your entire body. so yeah, it might be maybe 6 months before you see a significant difference, maybe more if you have a major deficiency.
your hair habits seem pretty spot on though :) i hope you get to hear from the dr. soon!

Thanx so much :) i do straighten sometimes but who doesnt lol:heartbeat

amanda_the_tall
August 6th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Thanx so much :) i do straighten sometimes but who doesnt lol:heartbeat

actually, i don't, because it makes my hair snap off :D haha. but then again, your hair is probably more resilient than mine

catamonica
August 6th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Akilina, I'm sure you are right. Your a hairdresser. You would know more than anybody about a health problem. It sound like she needs more help from a doctor.
Shampoo is just shampoo & won't solve deeper Issues with hair.

amanda_the_tall
August 6th, 2012, 07:44 PM
sorry! double post!

catamonica
August 6th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Akilina, I'm sure you are right. Your a hairdresser. You would know more than anybody about a health problem. It sounds like she needs more help from a doctor. Shampoo is just shampoo & won't solve deeper issues with hair.
Double post, to correct a word.

MissPetite2010
August 11th, 2012, 07:39 PM
i switch on and off with different shampoos/conditioners. although the mane and tail shampoo is the one i mostly use. Price is good, and can last a while depending on how much is used for length of hair. if i read correctly, it's the conditioner that helps to achieve the longer mane. :) the scent is nice, not over-powering like some shampoo/conditioners. i've seen youtube posts that some people have bought the smaller bottles!?! what stores carry those, because i've only seen the big bottles of the mnt. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks a bunch.

catamonica
August 12th, 2012, 01:44 AM
They might have the shampoo at beauty supply stores. I just buy mine at wall mart.

Lilli
August 12th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Never used the shampoo but love the conditioner, and you can't beat the price for such a huge amount. Gives good slip without cones and tons of shine. I had a major shed last fall and it was low iron levels. I supplemented with iron glycinate (more easily absorbed) and it stopped after a month or so. Then it started regrowing so it almost looks like I have wispy bangs, there's so much new growth.

MissPetite2010
August 12th, 2012, 08:58 AM
They might have the shampoo at beauty supply stores. I just buy mine at wall mart.

ty. i ended up buying mine at walgreens. The store i went to, I think the big bottles were the only size they carried, if i'm not mistaken. The conditioner is awesome. I'm glad mine lasts a little longer, because of switching shampoos/conditioners