PDA

View Full Version : 8 months of growth

doctorvkp1
August 5th, 2012, 11:36 PM
with 4 trims in between...... from bsl to tailbone...... dec 2011 to aug 2012

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/doctorvkp1/Hairdec11-1.jpghttp://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/doctorvkp1/20120806_073215.jpg

gthlvrmx
August 5th, 2012, 11:42 PM
congrats!! looks amazing! but the first photo, that doesnt seem to look like bsl to me more like waist or somewhere around there. Im not sure but to me it seems longer than bsl, but you still have incredible hair growth and thickness! the color is amazing too!

Falcore
August 5th, 2012, 11:53 PM
Woohoo congrats on your growth - Looking good!

I agree with gothlvrmx you look waist to me in your first pic.

jojo
August 6th, 2012, 12:09 AM
I'm sure that's a typo, you where waist in December but all the same fantastic growth in such a short time..well done!

doctorvkp1
August 6th, 2012, 12:34 AM
sorry that was the pic of feb 2012...... my avatar pic was the 1st one which i took in dec....

Amber_Maiden
August 6th, 2012, 04:03 AM
Wow! Lovely growth!!

millyaulait
August 6th, 2012, 04:06 AM
Amazing! Congrats :)

vintage88
August 6th, 2012, 05:04 AM
So lovely! Congratulations :)

afu
August 6th, 2012, 05:47 AM
wow, lovely growth

Ambystoma
August 6th, 2012, 05:59 AM
It's so thick and beautiful, congratulations!

Madora
August 6th, 2012, 06:36 AM
Doctorvkp1, your hair looks so healthy and vibrant! Congratulations on your new length!

MissCoco
August 6th, 2012, 06:48 AM
*sigh* How I love Indian hair! :cloud9: Gorgeous hair and fantastic growth, doctorvkp1!

doctorvkp1
August 6th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Doctorvkp1, your hair looks so healthy and vibrant! Congratulations on your new length!

*sigh* How I love Indian hair! :cloud9: Gorgeous hair and fantastic growth, doctorvkp1!

thank a lot...... madora can you pls suggest a good conditioner for me which i can get in india or whichever company ships to india...... i have started getting some split ends....

Garnet66
August 6th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Congrats on getting such great growth. It's amazing! Your hair is so thick. I'm envious.

moon2dove
August 6th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Congratulations!

You have beautiful hair @doctorvkp1 -So thick and healthy looking :)

spirals
August 6th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Wow--you must get an inch a month! It hit hip so fast.

Madora
August 6th, 2012, 03:12 PM
thank a lot...... madora can you pls suggest a good conditioner for me which i can get in india or whichever company ships to india...... i have started getting some split ends....

doctorvkp1, I don't know if the George Michael Salon in New York City, Madora Long Hair Heaven, ships to India, but here is a link to their products:

http://madoralonghairheaven.com/madoraprod1.html

I used to use their 60 section conditioner and their creme rinse and pink shampoo too.

I say "used to" because I've just discovered mineral oil (also known as baby oil) and it has given me great results. It is also a terrific detangler and helps tame the frizzies. Please contact me if you want to learn how I use it.

palaeoqueen
August 6th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Beautiful hair!

constancev18
August 6th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Thick and gorgeous. Congratulations!

BrightEyes
August 6th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Your hair is gorgeous! So thick and you've had amazing growth. Well done!:cheese:

Emerald88
August 6th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Great growth! Your hair looks super soft.

lapushka
August 6th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Amazing hair & progress! :)

Simone_Fatale
August 6th, 2012, 10:20 PM
I love your hair and congrats for an amazing growth period! :)

doctorvkp1
August 7th, 2012, 12:41 AM
thankyou everyone....... you people are really encouraging..... i am jus cherishing the thought of having joined in tlhc.....

joflakes
August 7th, 2012, 12:47 AM
Well done!

Madora
August 7th, 2012, 06:19 AM
Some additional thoughts on your split end problem:

Weekly sessions doing Search and Destroy (S and D) with SHARP shears helps to keep the splits at bay. Be sure your shears are sharp as dull shears will just sow another crop of white dots, which lead to splits. Use the scissors only for S and D.

Splits are usually caused by either dryness or mechanical damage. To help keep your hair moisturized you might want to look into mineral oil. Here's Ktani's MO article:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=225

I see that at your other thread coneyisland, who has the same or similar hair type as yours, has described her own conditioning routine. She has reported before that she gets about three years between times of needing to trim for split ends. If you would like to try a conditioning routine such as hers, I am sure she would be glad to help you about finding products familiar to her that would be available in your area.

doctorvkp1
August 7th, 2012, 08:50 AM
[QUOTE=Madora;2250853]Some additional thoughts on your split end problem:

Weekly sessions doing Search and Destroy (S and D) with SHARP shears helps to keep the splits at bay. Be sure your shears are sharp as dull shears will just sow another crop of white dots, which lead to splits. Use the scissors only for S and D.

Splits are usually caused by either dryness or mechanical damage. To help keep your hair moisturized you might want to look into mineral oil. Here's Ktani's MO article:

thanks a lot madora...... but how do i find coneyislands thread...... i havent completed my 100 posts yet...... so i cant access other members contacts..... moreover i checked for the link you had quoted for the conditioner..... they dont ship to india........i am actually growing my layers now...... so i am having splits in the top most layer since it has been almost 2 years that i have cut them.....

Madora
August 7th, 2012, 09:59 AM
[quote=Madora;2250853]Some additional thoughts on your split end problem:

thanks a lot madora...... but how do i find coneyislands thread...... i havent completed my 100 posts yet...... so i cant access other members contacts..... moreover i checked for the link you had quoted for the conditioner..... they dont ship to india........i am actually growing my layers now...... so i am having splits in the top most layer since it has been almost 2 years that i have cut them.....

Here is the link, doctorvkp1. Please scroll down to post #5 from coneyisland
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=98597

digginit
August 7th, 2012, 10:52 AM
looks awesome!

blondie9912
August 8th, 2012, 09:12 AM
So fast, wow!

ariesfairies
August 8th, 2012, 09:31 AM
You made excellent progress! Hair grows that fast in 8 months?! :o You're making me excited!