PDA

View Full Version : Turned the corner at last

Hamh
August 5th, 2012, 02:47 AM
Not sure of the point of this post, maybe just a ramble on my part!

So the last couple of washes have been amazing for me, I have now the dream hair I have been aiming for since joining LHC a year ago and learning so much. My routine now is: wash with Organix Coconut Milk Shampoo, condition with Loreal Nutri-gloss intensive treatment then leave to 80% dry without touching. Comb out gently and put 1 pump of Organix Coconut oil Serum mainly on ends but tiny bit through down from ears then blow dry warm/cool for 5 minutes to give lift at roots and calm the length a bit. My most amazing recent discovery? - Rope braids!!! Then put my hair in two rope braids and go to sleep. Wake in morning, take out and finger comb through and there I have it, the hair I thought I would never have!

I have spent a good year experimenting with this and that and trying to appease the seb derm on my head (think diet plays a bigger part for me here, less sugar = less problems) and had very recently been feeling very fed up with feeling like I was never going to have hair that I actually liked long. Got to a "whats the point" attitude if I have to put it in a bun every day or 100% air dry and have it look bleh and even was thinking of whipping the irons out again to see what they would do (I didn't and I'm glad!). I did recently go for a trim, been a year since my last professional cut and the hairdresser was brilliant! - explained I was very nervous to be there and whilst I did want my hair cut I didn't want a lot off. She did good, talked me through the whole thing and only evened up my hem and tidied up my long layers. This trim has made a big difference to my ends which look and feel great now!

I suppose what I really want to say is a big thank you to LHC and anyone who had read any of my posts and offered advice and support and even those who have not responded directly, I have read your posts and gained indirectly!!

What a great site this is and although I have had to wait patiently for a year and quit heat I now have the most amazing hair with such little effort, I never thought this would have been possible! Sorry I am rubbish at putting up photos but to give you an idea, my hair is now just past BSL (want to get to waist) and with my rope braid drying its results in the casual beach wave I have always wanted. Ultimately, my hair is healthy and long and I can't stop looking at it in the mirror!

Thank you LHC!!!

Toadstool
August 5th, 2012, 02:49 AM
Your post made me smile. I'm glad you're so happy with your hair.

LizTheLyre
August 5th, 2012, 03:05 AM
yay!! this inspires me to keep with all my LHC things.

Hamh
August 5th, 2012, 03:40 AM
Your post made me smile. I'm glad you're so happy with your hair.

Thank you, I'm glad to share the happiness!!

yay!! this inspires me to keep with all my LHC things.

This is why I wanted to post my ramble, please do - patience has never been a strong point of mine but in this case it has paid off!

AcornMystic
August 5th, 2012, 03:56 AM
I can't wait to be in your position in a few years. June 28th was my one year anniversary here and I've come a long way with the condition of my hair since joining. I'm 100% virgin now. I've had a few trims since then so I'm a little behind what I could be in growth if I didn't trim at all, but my hair is almost in the condition it was when I was younger. My hair is also long enough to do little caged buns which has me ecstatic! I'm so happy for you. Wish I could see your hair though, I bet it is lovely. :) Thanks for sharing with us. Very inspiring.:D