PDA

View Full Version : Braids!

Arakazi
August 5th, 2012, 01:10 AM
Hey everyone! I am so excited as I have just figured out how to do a dutch/french (sorry a wee bit unsure here :P ) I know its not quite right and there seems to be something funny going on at the start of the length but that's ok! :cheese: Yay!!!!http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r529/Arakazi/P8050339.jpg

Side note: I am so sorry the photo is so big :o

DancingQueen
August 5th, 2012, 01:28 AM
Looking good :) The only thing I see is that you forgot to add hair once, but it looks really good ;)

ariesfairies
August 5th, 2012, 01:33 AM
I love the braid from starts from the scalp! :) Awesome and very neatly made.

Arakazi
August 5th, 2012, 01:33 AM
Oh I see that now! Thanks DancingQueen. :D

Arakazi
August 5th, 2012, 01:37 AM
Thanks ariesfaries I can deffinatly see I have room for improvement but I am very pleased with this attempt after thinking for so long that it was too hard. I watched a really good detailed tutorial on french/dutch braids that Torrin Page posted and went from there!

bettylibertine
August 5th, 2012, 01:52 AM
Looks totally fab Arakazi! Good job :D

Arakazi
August 5th, 2012, 03:35 AM
Oh bettylibertine I thought you might chime in. Thanks!! X

Venefica
August 5th, 2012, 04:34 AM
That is a pretty braid.

lmfbs
August 5th, 2012, 04:59 AM
Beautiful! So shiny too. Bonus points for getting the gymnast in mid flip in the background.

That's a french, by the way. If you plait over the centre bit, it's french, if you plait under it's a dutch and it sticks out like this: http://distilleryimage11.instagram.com/0badc808dd6511e183c1123138105975_7.jpg (that's a diagonal dutch)

You shoud also post your pic here: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=45350 on the braid thread, and you might find some more inspiration on that thread too.

Arakazi
August 5th, 2012, 05:09 AM
That is a pretty braid.
Thank you Venefica. I remember you gave me some advise a while ago on another thread :)

Arakazi
August 5th, 2012, 05:13 AM
Thanks! The Olympic's is always on :P! You have such a pretty dutch braid and bun! Ok I will put my pic up on there too :)

Arakazi
August 5th, 2012, 05:14 AM
:confused: Any advice on how to shrink a photo?

bunzfan
August 5th, 2012, 05:16 AM
:confused: Any advice on how to shrink a photo?

I crop all my pics if that helps.

Madora
August 5th, 2012, 06:45 AM
Hey everyone! I am so excited as I have just figured out how to do a dutch/french (sorry a wee bit unsure here :P ) I know its not quite right and there seems to be something funny going on at the start of the length but that's ok! :cheese: Yay!!!!http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r529/Arakazi/P8050339.jpg

Side note: I am so sorry the photo is so big :o

Nice result, Arakazi!

Your Dutch French braid is very shiny!

By the way, "Dutch" refers to taking the outside strands under the middle strand (underrhand method). The result forms a ridge on the scalp.

"English" braiding is an overhand motion, taking the strands over the middle strand. It forms more of a weave like pattern in the hair.

"French" refers to the technique of adding hair from each side.

I use Microsoft Paint and Photoshop Elements 6 to resize my photos.

Arakazi
August 5th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Thanks Madora for the definitions and the compliment :D I was excited to see how shiny it was (I had just coconut oiled). I will try on Paint to shrink this picture.

And thanks bunzfan for the advice :flower:

jacqueline101
August 5th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Your braids are lovely.

Arakazi
August 5th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Your braids are lovely.

Thanks heaps jacqueline! I am improving!! :D

spirals
August 5th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Beautiful, and I like the gymnast, too. I love the color of your hair!

sunnydee92
August 5th, 2012, 09:55 PM
AHH! These are all so purty. I can't wait until my layers grow out so I can actually braid my hair :D

TeaGarden
August 6th, 2012, 01:11 AM
I also tend to get that little bump at the start of my ends. The only way I seem to get rid of it is by braiding very tightly and it usually ends up being uncomfortable. Does anyone have any other way to fix that?

Witherwood
August 6th, 2012, 01:25 AM
Wow!! That is really gorgeous! You have some beautiful hair! You did an amazing job. When I try to braid my own hair from the back, it turns out all funky, but yours is beautiful. I also really like the shine on it from the flash, it shows off how neatly it is.

Arakazi
August 6th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Wow!! That is really gorgeous! You have some beautiful hair! You did an amazing job. When I try to braid my own hair from the back, it turns out all funky, but yours is beautiful. I also really like the shine on it from the flash, it shows off how neatly it is.

Thank you Witherwood I am very pleased with it, I can't wait to master it! :D

Arakazi
August 6th, 2012, 02:12 PM
I also tend to get that little bump at the start of my ends. The only way I seem to get rid of it is by braiding very tightly and it usually ends up being uncomfortable. Does anyone have any other way to fix that?

Good question TeaGarden :) Hopefully someone will be able to answer that? Or this is a link to Torrin Paiges video on French and Dutch braiding. She didn't get the funny bump so maybe give that a watch? :agree:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTUiDFhzjao&feature=plcp