PDA

View Full Version : Are these hair friendly?

lechatn0ir
August 4th, 2012, 06:42 PM
i have these clips and i mainly use them at home for when i twist my hair into a bun on top of my head and put the clip on and encase it around my bun so my hair is out of the way. I was wondering if they are hair friendly? Should i just let my hair loose?

http://i.istockimg.com/file_thumbview_approve/1213638/2/stock-photo-1213638-hair-clip.jpg

OilPaint
August 4th, 2012, 06:45 PM
I love claw clips! I have a ton of them and they are my go-to for a quick up-bun. I've never had any damage from claws, they've been very hair-friendly for me. :thumbsup:

lapushka
August 4th, 2012, 06:51 PM
I have been wearing a claw clip daily since about APL, and I'm past hip length now. I see no damage from it. I do have one with flatter teeth, though.

Bene
August 4th, 2012, 06:58 PM
I won't touch them. Those little metal spring thingies have a nasty habit of snagging when trying to remove.

lapushka
August 4th, 2012, 07:03 PM
I won't touch them. Those little metal spring thingies have a nasty habit of snagging when trying to remove.

Mine never snag(ged)... ever. :shrug:

vanillabones
August 4th, 2012, 07:06 PM
I think I have the same exact ones, and I feel more comfortable using a scrunchie or something for a bun... I feel like they pull my hair sometimes when taking them out.

ladylowtide
August 4th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Love these. Though sometimes my hair breaks them. Only had trouble with the snagging when my hair wasn't straight.

OilPaint
August 4th, 2012, 07:08 PM
I have to admit that the TINY ones I've tried did have a tendency to snag if I forgot one when I took down my bun... (of course I had about 6 or 7 in there so I was fishing it out of a cascade and tangles...) but since I moved to larger clips and only have to use 1, maybe 2, I haven't had a problem with them at all. They've been a staple for me for years now.

Tisiloves
August 4th, 2012, 07:10 PM
I'd check them for seams, but I find them pretty good (until my hair breaks the teeth off them).

Kyla
August 4th, 2012, 07:11 PM
If you notice them snagging your hair, then no. If not, then yes. :) Hair can get wrapped around the springs and whatnot, so just be careful.

Ticky
August 5th, 2012, 02:11 AM
I use a similar one on an everyday basis, doesn't snag - works for me :)