PDA

View Full Version : Long Hair Dilemma

Kelli Kat
August 4th, 2012, 12:39 PM
So I left my hair down this morning after washing and went out to run errands with it still damp. So I go to the tire store and its crowded so I go get food while waiting for my car. Now everytime I start to eat my hair falls all over my plate. I dig through my purse and nothing, not even an elastic. So I did what any LHCr would do -- I bun it up and stick a straw through it. Bon apetite. :)

Bene
August 4th, 2012, 01:00 PM
I don't know if your hair is long enough for a self holding bun. Why not just gather it all up, twist it into one piece and stick it down the back of your shirt?

vanillabones
August 4th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Hahaha I was at a concert last night (my first ever concert...) and I wore my hair in a half up but my hair is so short it kept going down my shirt, and I was wearing a gingham button up that had a collar :( I don't know how it kept getting down there.

embee
August 4th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Cool. I didn't know a straw would be sturdy enough to hold a bun, but it is the right shape! :) Pen, pencil, straw, fork - all are possibilities for a 1-stick bun!

Kelli Kat
August 4th, 2012, 02:56 PM
I don't know if your hair is long enough for a self holding bun. Why not just gather it all up, twist it into one piece and stick it down the back of your shirt?

Normally I would do a self holding bun , but since it was freshly washed it wouldn't hold. I didn't think of the back of the shirt, but I don't think its long enough to stay down the shirt I'm wearing today, it has a low back.

akilina
August 4th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Lol, Innovative!! :D
I wish my hair was long enough to bother my daily procedures ^.^

Kelli Kat
August 4th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Lol, Innovative!! :D
I wish my hair was long enough to bother my daily procedures ^.^

Don't worry, you'll get there :cheese:

Kelli Kat
August 4th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Cool. I didn't know a straw would be sturdy enough to hold a bun, but it is the right shape! :) Pen, pencil, straw, fork - all are possibilities for a 1-stick bun!

It was really loose and as soon as I left the restaurant and started walking it fell out. But it did serve its purpose.

Kelli Kat
August 4th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Hahaha I was at a concert last night (my first ever concert...) and I wore my hair in a half up but my hair is so short it kept going down my shirt, and I was wearing a gingham button up that had a collar :( I don't know how it kept getting down there.

I had that problem when mine was shorter, it would ride just inside my collar.

cwarren
August 4th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Claw clamps.

Before you eat, just clamp your hair back at the base of your neck and it will stay there :)

gratitudinous
August 4th, 2012, 06:31 PM
That's great! :laugh:
There've been many times in the kitchen when I was too lazy to run upstairs for a stick or clip, and used a spoon as my hairstick! I've also had to use coffee stirrers from Starbucks, and twigs from the surrounding trees... now I keep several hair toys in my purse with me at all times! :D

OilPaint
August 4th, 2012, 06:38 PM
I hate when I forget to put my hair up before going somewhere; it's worse when you don't have anything that will sustain a bun on the spot. Since I'm so absent minded about these things, I now keep claws in about every room of my apartment, tons of pens/pencils in my purse, and chopsticks in the kitchen. I can't count the times I've walked out with pens, pencils and paintbrushes in my hair. The straw is very creative though!:toast:

jojo
August 4th, 2012, 07:13 PM
I doubt the weight of my hair would be kept in place with a straw :D but hey whatever works for you, I normally just shove it down my back or tie a knot in my hair!!! Things we do eh?

spirals
August 4th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Whatever works. :D Mine has never gotten in the way of eating at any length. I think it's because it doesn't fall down my back so much as reach out to the world. I wouldn't know how to live with straight hair.

bo-peep
August 4th, 2012, 08:34 PM
There've been many times in the kitchen when I was too lazy to run upstairs for a stick or clip, and used a spoon as my hairstick! I've also had to use coffee stirrers from Starbucks, and twigs from the surrounding trees... now I keep several hair toys in my purse with me at all times! :D
Twigs??? Far out!

Greenfire
August 4th, 2012, 09:20 PM
I keep a nice set of chopsticks in my purse. I've used them for my hair as often as I've used them for my food! They're in a beautiful handwoven sisal case, and natural and coffee coloured so go with everything. I could use one or two as needed when my hair gets long enough again to need..

gratitudinous
August 4th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Twigs??? Far out!

8) Hehe, I felt like a fairy, but I could tell the twigs weren't smooth enough, and it caught a bit. So now I'm working on making real hair sticks from the trees in my yard!

:cookie: I just had to give you a cookie for using the phrase 'Far out'! That makes you awesome. :D

Kelli Kat
August 4th, 2012, 10:57 PM
Claw clamps.

Before you eat, just clamp your hair back at the base of your neck and it will stay there :)

Unfortunately I didn't have any type of toy with me.

Yeah, I'm going to have a drop of few things in my purse. I like the use of twigs.

mallorykay13
August 4th, 2012, 10:57 PM
Whatever works. :D Mine has never gotten in the way of eating at any length. I think it's because it doesn't fall down my back so much as reach out to the world. I wouldn't know how to live with straight hair.

That's funny because I tell my curly haired best friend that if I had curly hair I wouldn't know what to do with myself.