PDA

View Full Version : What was you scariest hair dream?

lora410
August 6th, 2008, 06:28 AM
lately I have been having hair dreams. My first one was someone chopped it to shoulder length. And last night I had a dream part of my head was bald on the left side :shudder: Yeah, you bet I woke up and felt my head. So what's yours?

sipnsun
August 6th, 2008, 07:04 AM
I never dreamed about my hair until I started growing it out last year. Several times in the past few months I've dreamed that I chopped off my bangs. In my dream, they are horrible and start almost at my crown. It's really silly because I've had bangs on and off my whole life, but currently I don't have any so I guess that's the reason for the dream, or maybe it's because my hair is so thin, I want to hold onto every strand that I've got!

FrannyG
August 6th, 2008, 07:15 AM
I'm almost afraid to say this for fear that my brain will play a joke on me, but I never have scary hair dreams. If I have a hair dream, I almost always find myself surprisingly sitting on my hair. It's quite pleasant to have those long hair dreams. :)

cindy58
August 6th, 2008, 07:16 AM
My nightmare was a self-trim gone bad -- it ended up at shoulder length.

Though I'd love to trim myself, I'm still afraid to try. The dream wasn't encouraging at all!

Tap Dancer
August 6th, 2008, 07:38 AM
I have random dreams where my hair gets butchered. I have it cut short and it's not flattering. Or I get heavy bangs again. While that's not a bad look for me, I'm really happy with my hair most of the time since I grew them out. Bangs are cute but hard to deal with in this high-humidity climate.

wintersun99
August 6th, 2008, 09:53 AM

Deborah
August 6th, 2008, 11:42 AM
In about 5th or 6th grade I had a nightmare about my hair. Here's the gist of it:

At school someone grabbed me by the hair and dragged me down the hall to the great big paper cutter. Then they smashed my head to the platform and slammed the blade down, slicing off all my hair and some of the skin from the very top of my head. It was utterly violent and horrifying. I woke up in tears.

I have never had another hair dream that I can remember, but that one was terrifying. Childhood can be genuinely frightening. :couch:

AlleyKitten
August 6th, 2008, 11:47 AM
I had one where I was standing in my parents' bathroom and cut my hair to chin-length. It looked pretty good, but I immediately regretted it so much! I was so upset when I woke up.

CurlyNinja
August 6th, 2008, 12:08 PM
I dreamed my hair was so long and had a mind of its own--literally! It ended up trying to kill me.

Very scary.

yrrebwartsymssi
August 6th, 2008, 12:10 PM
i had a dream once that I was working at a factory and my hair got caught in the machine... and it started pulling me closer and closer to gears about to grind me to bits!!! i was 6 inches away from death... then i woke up

CopperHead
August 6th, 2008, 02:26 PM
I haven't had a hair nightmare in awhile now, but they usually involve cutting it short, or it starts to fall out by the handful. I am always so happy to wake up and find it is still all there. :)

lora410
August 6th, 2008, 02:29 PM
woow and I though I had some freaky dreams:bigeyes:

wintersun99
August 6th, 2008, 02:38 PM
I dreamed my hair was so long and had a mind of its own--literally! It ended up trying to kill me. Very scary.

WHAT!

(is it wrong to laugh at that?) I'm so sorry :drama:

Unofficial_Rose
August 6th, 2008, 03:01 PM
I dreamt I woke up one morning to find it had been shorn, in wavy layers, about 2 ins. all over. And was a really mousy colour. Waaaaah!:scissors:

Of course, this was the "nightmare cut" that I'd been growing out for the last 18 months. And yes, I did put my hands straight to it when I woke up :p

<She>
August 6th, 2008, 04:11 PM
My worst hair-related dream was that my mother cut it short to my ears and I was very upset. I cried in the dream and woke up in the middle of the night crying and weeping. But I guess it was as upsetting because it happened when I was younger, my mother cut my hair in rage, it was a very bad, difficult period in our lives.

kwaniesiam
August 6th, 2008, 06:14 PM
My worst hair-mare was whenever I was shedding a lot, I had a dream that it ALL just fell out :bigeyes:

ColoradoDreamer
August 6th, 2008, 07:13 PM
I only seem to have silly hair dreams - like a "reverse trim" that I wrote about the other day.

Slug Yoga
August 6th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Haha, I just had a scary LHC-related dream last night.

I dreamt that I had decided to dye my hair with cassia. (No idea what that even does, actually, I've just heard the term). I was talking with people about it on LHC and we were saying that if it got messed up I could maybe do something with henna and/or indigo to cover it up.

So I rinse the cassia stuff out, and the end of my hair is this... white-blonde tuft. Like chicken fluff. Very not good. I look up the shaft of my hair and there are these weird blond striations, like you'd maybe expect if I'd bleached my hair in the past and those were weak points, except I never had. And I was like, Uh oh.

And a couple of people from LHC were in my house and sort of chastising me, like I obviously hadn't researched it enough, especially if I was half-expecting it to go wrong by making some sort of henna/indigo contingency plan.

Uh. And then there was the dream where I randomly chopped off some of the front part of my hair and had a weird mullet thing.

Slug Yoga
August 6th, 2008, 07:34 PM
I only seem to have silly hair dreams - like a "reverse trim" that I wrote about the other day.

LOL! Does it make your hair longer by a quarter inch? But the last quarter inch is all dry and split?

Shanarana
August 6th, 2008, 07:40 PM
I just had one the other night that scared the crap out of me because it seemed so real.........my hair was cut real short and everyone in my dream told me how nice it looked, but I felt so "naked" without my long hair. When I woke up it took me a few seconds to realize that my hair was still long.......whew!!!!