PDA

View Full Version : Have any of you 3c's reached waist length unstretched?

domisimone
August 3rd, 2012, 12:14 PM
The title pretty much says it all. If you could include pictures and how long it took to grow out your hair it would be greatly appreciated. My hair is almost to my shoulders unstretched and I want it to my waist for graduation in five years.

CurlyCap
August 3rd, 2012, 12:38 PM
Mandy Beth's daughter is 3c (at least) with incredibly long hair. She's young though (7ish). So maybe you could get a stretched length from her and divide by how fast your hair grows?

To give you an idea, my hair at BSL curly was hip to BCL length and I"m 5'3" (so ~33" long). As a 3c, you'd probably be aiming for at least 40-45"?

I'm subbing the thread because I'm super interested in the answers.

domisimone
August 3rd, 2012, 12:55 PM
Thanks for subbing.
My hair at APL shrinks to nape length, less than an inch from my shoulders, so I don't have very much shrinkage (~5 inches or 30%). I think waist unstretched would be somewhere between hip and classic stretched. When I reach BSL unstretched I think I'll be at MBL-WL stretched. I'm 4'11 (and still growing) with a very short torso, estimated to be about 5'4, which annoys me because I'm growing against my hair!

DarkCurls
August 3rd, 2012, 12:56 PM
Long 3c hair... that must be so beautiful. :D

pepperminttea
August 3rd, 2012, 01:40 PM
I think Teri LaFresh of TightlyCurly (http://www.tightlycurly.com/photos/hairshots/) is at waist length unstretched if not more. :) Her hair is absolutely stunning.

domisimone
August 3rd, 2012, 01:51 PM
Teri is definitely a 3c, and her hair is hip length when stretched! It seems that we have the same amount of shrinkage. But sadly, her method doesn't work for me. *sighs*

domisimone
August 3rd, 2012, 04:09 PM
Bumping for pics!